Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LarsM

The angry Wizard and the mad Dwarf (lots of pictures)

13 posts in this topic

I think it looks great!

I'm not qualified to comment on OSL, only tried it once myself

2 people like this

As I have a couple Grenadier dwarves on my painting desk now, I have to say well done!

As for the OSL, I've found two things that work best for me:

1) the lighted areas have to be lighter in color than the base coat.

2) Glaze the appropriate color from the lighting source over the lighted area.

Having the start yellow-orange of the fireball would work better if the overall scene were darker.  Fire doesn't impart a strong yellow-orange color on stuff when it's light outside.

But since my OSL attempts can be counted on one hand, I might not be the best to offer advice.

Still, I love those Grenadier dwarves, so I'm hopeful he can overcome his magic-wielding adversary.  Love the icicles. 

5 people like this

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I think it looks great!

I'm not qualified to comment on OSL, only tried it once myself

Thank you.

2 people like this

44 minutes ago, Doug's Workshop said:

As I have a couple Grenadier dwarves on my painting desk now, I have to say well done!

As for the OSL, I've found two things that work best for me:

1) the lighted areas have to be lighter in color than the base coat.

2) Glaze the appropriate color from the lighting source over the lighted area.

Having the start yellow-orange of the fireball would work better if the overall scene were darker.  Fire doesn't impart a strong yellow-orange color on stuff when it's light outside.

But since my OSL attempts can be counted on one hand, I might not be the best to offer advice.

Still, I love those Grenadier dwarves, so I'm hopeful he can overcome his magic-wielding adversary.  Love the icicles. 

Thank you about the icicles, I just wish they hang a bit more straight down.. but they were such a hasle to control!

Yes, I think youre right, I should have made the hole scene Darker.

I am sure he will overcome the magic trick, He is mad after all!! :0)

1 person likes this

I really like the whole piece..  putting stories like this is not something I've tried and always appreciate the imagination the goes into their creation.

love the basing, snow and icicles and wizard and dwarf combat poses sell the duel

2 people like this

The dwarf should just jump backward, off the stone, and watch the wizard see-saw away.

3 people like this

7 hours ago, Rilkyn said:

I really like the whole piece..  putting stories like this is not something I've tried and always appreciate the imagination the goes into their creation.

love the basing, snow and icicles and wizard and dwarf combat poses sell the duel

Thank you! 

I almost find it "hard" to make single figures, I always imagine them in some kind of duel/situation..my imagination just runs away :-)

Therefor I love minis in dynamic poses.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Bruunwald said:

The dwarf should just jump backward, off the stone, and watch the wizard see-saw away.

Hahaha :0) 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Great basing and great paint job.

Thank you :-)

Oh I love the whole thing! OSL is good too.. Very well done composition over all. 

1 person likes this

Fantastic work on this!!

I recognize the dwarf, but who makes the wizard?