TheBucklandBrewer

77590 - Father Dagon (Bones 3)

It's been a while since I painted some Reaper mini's... but now that this little sweetheart crawled upon my doorstep, I really couldn't resist assembling him hoping to start painting soon. 

It'll be a little longer than 7 days I'm sure, and I have to hide him from my 3-year-old daughter... (to avoid her having nightmares)... but I'm glad I can finally start :-)

It's also gonna be the first Bones fig I'm painting... and I'm pretty excited to try it out  :-) 

Btw, compliments to the creators of this figure, what a lovely sculpt and concept!! 

Dagon (1).jpg

• Like 16

He's an amazing sculpt! If it's your first bones I highly suggest to give it a good soapy scrub (you probably already know this but as someone who made the mistake not to...I'm just making sure). I vote for purples! Everything is better with purple :D

• Like 1

trying out some colours...  It'll be someway going purple / blue / green I guess.

The blue is just some sort of basecoat (slightly watered down Citadel foundation Necron Abyss), it does leave a pretty shiny result which not all of my paints seem to dull once painted over... but I'll find my may though I'm sure. 

Dagon (2).jpg

• Like 13

some small and slow progress... I'm getting more and more an idea where I'm heading to colorwise... Not so purple in the end though I'm afraid, more green and red and some blue...  

Dagon (3).jpg

• Like 11

Very cool. 

This was one of my favorites from Bones 3, but have been trying to not start new projects until after Reapercon :unsure: 

Thanks all  :-)

Here's some slow progress... been fighting all week long with the little lights... It's still not 100% of what I'm trying to achieve, but I'll get there some dy.

I'm also still trying some things with the carapace on his back. I hope further progress will give me a better idea...

Dagon (4).jpg

Edited by TheBucklandBrewer
  • Like 8

Great work on the bioluminescence.  It looks very natural and gives the piece a nice deep-water feel.  

The Egg