Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zink

GW High Elf Hero

6 posts in this topic

I painted this guy 9-10 years ago but today was fooling around trying to improve my photography and grabbed him. Think I've got my photography and photoshop skills improving a bit. Almost every time I post something I want to say, "but it doesn't quite look like that in real life." He does look pretty much like that in person. Some of the fuzzy detail is because of a spray primer mistake. I was too lazy to do more than brush off the worst and paint over it.

GW HE hero.jpg

17 people like this

Looks nice!

Fuzzy detail from spray cans, try a coat of Reaper Brush on Sealer. It helped when it happened to a set of minis I did.

3 people like this

Didn't own any when I painted this mini but have some now. I'll try to remember that if it happens again.

2 people like this

Nice.  How much of the shield is freehand? 

1 person likes this

I love the gems! They look so natural and realistic! I can hardly tell the spray primer problem, you saved it really well!

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Clearman said:

Nice.  How much of the shield is freehand? 

Sadly just the snakes. The dragon and wing are molded on. This was one of my first attempts at freehand so I kept it real simple. Since then I've gotten better but don't do a lot. I should post some of my medieval russians. I did a few nice shields for them.

2 people like this