TaleSpinner

77251: Bloodhoof, Minotaur Barbarian

26 posts in this topic

I would not want a run-in with him in a labyrinth. Nice speed paint!  

1 person likes this

He looks appropriately mean and intimidating.

Nicely done.

Posted (edited)

Very cool.  More than I get done in a week. 

Edited by Clearman
1 person likes this

Looks good!

I've never figured out how to balance painting and playing. I used to trim mold lines, but I've had a lot of DM's get annoyed. Even though as soon as it was my turn I was like instantly, "OK I move 20 feet, to here, and I do this and this." Rolls two dice. Ok I hit for 5 damage. All in less than 30 seconds. When others took like 5 minutes trying to decide what they would do. 

5 people like this

Man if this is speed painting, I really suck:( Least I have a good idea what this guy looks like painted up:) Now if I can just finish my 10 WIP (1 just needs base and touch up, 3 actually WIP's and six that still need me to break out my patriot 105 and prime them), I can finally get to this guy:) Well and everything in bones 3 core set:(

3 people like this

Raaaaaaaaaa!!! :wow:

amazing especially for doing during a gaming session.  

2 people like this

I don't think I'd have the concentration to play and paint at the same time. That's very impressive for a speed paint!

2 people like this

Hard to see that is a speedpaint! Very well done.

2 people like this

I painted that same miniature a while ago. Took me quite a while and my results are not nearly as good as your "speed paint". Looks menacing. Great job.

3 people like this

Very good skin!

2 people like this

Happy belated nameday TS, thats a really nice mini-mino.  (Speed paint, he says, hmph.  My speed paints take at least month and don't look near this good)...

Kang

4 people like this

Excellent

2 people like this

That's amazing!

1 person likes this

THAT'S a speed paint?!? Dude, post one where you took your time so i can really feel bad LOL::o::lol:

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dilvish the Deliverer
      Tre is at it again, this time with dwarves:

• By Arc 724
      Rothmartyn of the DarkWold by RBG
      Sculpted by Tre Manor

Quality: Table Top PLUS 

This piece is TT+ but it also has a more of a "reach" in it than a TT+. I attempted a more elaborate freehand with the cloak - which you can see on the WIP linked at the bottom. As well as I attempted NMM for the first time. Now let me give you some context on that last sentence. I typically do TMM (True Metallic Metals) and I do them in virtually the same manner but with the added benefit (IMHO) of having actual reflection while on the table. So yes this was my first execution of NMM successfully, it is not far from my normal. All in all I think it turned out well. The green blade as well is in NMM effect. For this piece I really wanted to ascent texture which I attempted on the tunic that is laying across his legs. And other bits and bobs.  The face is pretty basic which is one of the reasons I didn't do a close up of it. RBG faces from this era are pretty small and the eyes are tiny. So tiny seeing a pupil and reflection mark would be... useless in my opinion. But I would say it turned out well. More personality than I thought I was going to give it. I was B+ satisfied with the cloak. I tried doing a suggestion @Darcstaar gave me but I think I executed it "o.k". I'll try again with another model. I attempted a few new things with this piece and I like how it turned out.   
      Thank you all for your help and support. Would really enjoying your questions, comments and critiques on this.

WORK IN PROGRESS: RBG: RothMartyn of the DarkWold

• By EldritchEladrin
      Introducing the newest demon lord in my miniatures collection...

The Minotaur Demon Lord, aka Baphomet, aka "the Horned King", aka "the Prince of Beasts."

This miniature was quite a bit bigger than the metal demon lord minis I've painted previously. A bit of a challenge, but I'm pleased with the result!

If anyone is interested in the play-by-play of me painting this miniature, feel free to check out the work in progress thread on the forum.

Cheers!
      -E.E.
    • By EldritchEladrin
      So, this Minotaur fellow has been staring at me in pieces for a while now. I've decided the time has come to get painting, and while I'm at it, make my first ever WIP post. Because in the words of the great Devo:
      "When a demon miniature comes along, you must WIP it!"

End goal: mini to be used in my D&D campaign. He doesn't need to be display quality, but I'll still welcome your tips and suggestions to improve my work.

So far I've just put down some brown liner and temporarily stuck it together to make sure everything is on track. Currently mixing up colours for the base coat... More soon!

-E.E.
    • By amuller33
      So finally go done sorting out my box of bones 3 and decided to do the minotaur skelly to break the seal. I really the undying  lords set. Such fun to paint and fairly easy for a newb like myself. As always would love to hear constructive criticism.
      AJ
      AJ
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)