SparrowMarie

My nieces painted!

16 posts in this topic

I like the cool sunglasses effect on the dragon slayer lady.

6 people like this

Very cool!

3 people like this

I see some moldable talent. 

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

I like the cool sunglasses effect on the dragon slayer lady.

That dragon is the "die young and leave good corpse" type. 

5 people like this

VERY NICE START! The Young Ladies have made the most of their introduction to miniatures. I can only imagine what their works will look like in a few years.

2 people like this

Just now, malefactus said:

VERY NICE START! The Young Ladies have made the most of their introduction to miniatures. I can only imagine what their works will look like in a few years.

I'm hoping I can send some home with them and that they will keep it up or at least keep it up when they come to visit. Oldest niece told me that her dad used to paint and put together minis so maybe they can do it together too.

7 people like this

Cool!

3 people like this

Inspiring story, thank you.

2 people like this

I see some talent there, and it sounds like everyone involved had a good time, so that's very cool!:winkthumbs:

2 people like this

My little girls are similar ages (8 & 10) and they also paint from time to time.  They're finally at the point where if I set them up with a disposable wet palette they can manage mostly on their own.  The 10 year old also took to the idea of writing down the colors she used so that she'd know later.  Right now they're working on some Bones giantesses, for some reason the smaller things like the mouselings intimidate them. 

Yay for introducing more kids to the hobby!  ^_^

5 people like this

Anytime someone manages to keep children still long enough to paint something is already an achievement.

Then they amaze you with their color selections.

4 people like this

Awesome to introduce our art to the kids. 

2 people like this

a very nice bee. looks like they had fun

1 person likes this

Hook um early! Good work by your nieces :)

1 person likes this

very cool . it always good to show the younger generation this form of art

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crow05
      Finished up all the bones 2 Mouslings. Can't wait for the Bones 3 space marine ones.

• By SparrowMarie
      As part of this month's getting to know you thread a challenge was proposed, try a technique you've never done before. For me that was OSL. So I used the Mousling Druid to attempt this. For a first try I don't think it turned out too bad. The lighting in my room isn't great so I hope it reads okay.

• By SparrowMarie
      Going to use this guy as my first attempt at OSL. This was inspired by Talespinner's challenge in the getting to know each other thread.

• By Arc 724
      So I saw Janan and saw this in my head. I bought the piece and modded it to fit as you can see here. I have conferred with Ub3r about it a bit and I still can not find what I'm looking for. 

Attitude: Contemplation after a long battle and/or about to step into the final battle. She is tired but not worn out. She is resolute to see this to the end but deep down wishes it would have never come to pass.

Artistic Direction: In the last two photo's you will see some lighting coming from the right side of the image (One closer than the other). The idea is to to have OSL in the photo. The shadows cast will also be painted. 
      The metal piece you see in the lower three is a place holder (obviously).  I can't seem to focus the image in my head to figure out who or what is standing there I bought slain miniature from Other World miniatures and didn't like how big they are on the Vignette base I was thinking of using Derek the Dim from Red-Box-Games. The pose and face of the miniature kind of has that, "I challenge you" appearance. I bought the Paladin Initiate and he was huge and didn't fit very well. The War Maiden did not either. I also thought, if I could find another figure that is standing at the bottom who fought with her in the battle. They too are tired yet contemplative about the end of the battle. My original thought was someone leaning on a weapon.  Would like some help on this from my fellow Formnite and see what you think. I have not found a miniature that fits yet and goes with the scale of Janan. Janan seems to be a much much smaller miniature than normal. like a true 25mm (bottom of feet to eye) size. That is why I am looking at RBG miniatures as Tre Manor sculpts in small portions, hands, eyes and feet. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for stopping by. Y'all's insight would be awesome. Pictures speak a thousand more words than words.

• By slowbro
      I bought some of the bones mouslings for my wife to paint. Well she never got around to it and I needed a druid/animal mage who was going to animate a treant in our game so I slapped some paint of this little guy. Now I'm really looking forward to the bee keeper one. I also have the rogue and assassin set too. I stole the shooting star robe idea from someone who was doing an eye painting tutorial on youtube. Mine comes no where near his though.

• Who's Online   40 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)