• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      Some of you may have seen this one on Facebook as it was my entry in the last Reaper Bones quarterly contest. I love painting Mouslings and really wanted to enter the contest this time but at first wasn't sure how I could make my version stand out especially as you only enter one photo. Eventually, I decided not worry about it and try something I have wanted to attempt for awhile, a night time scene with OSL. I wanted a really light colored glow and really wanted to go with white but could not figure out how to do it without leaving the bee painted only white. So I ended up doing some light glazes of yellow and loved how it turned out. Its not perfect but I think it is a good start for my first attempt for this type of OSL.

• By Ash Adler
      Getting back to painting, after a brief break to take care of some other things.  This was my first attempt at a non-humanoid/skeleton, so I had trouble judging the proper size for the striations on the carapace (which is to say that they're generally too short and thick ), but it was fun to try doing a different material effect.

As usual, more pictures and thought process at my blog: link

Looking back at it now, I should've shaded more of the flat area of the red and done more to separate the body from the ground.  The eyes are a bit sloppy, too, but they're so damn small that I'm amazed at how cleanly others have painted them.  There's also an ugly gap between the Bones base and the actual base, though that's because I'd overestimated the strength of the bond (using just PVA and spackle) and broke it off, and then I just superglued it back in place as closely as I could without adding any more filler.  On the plus side, I think the blood stains and the white "reflection" lines on the red areas both added nice touches without being overpowering or garish.

C&C welcome
    • By Inarah
      My husband and I run the Paint and Take table at a local convention, Recruits.  It's held at the high school, admission is free for all area students, games are child friendly, etc.  We get really good turnout.  The paint table is free for kids of all ages, even grownup kids, and it is funded entirely with donations.  All of the figures, all of the paint, water cups, brushes, etc come from the wonderful community we have here, from the internet, and from vendors.  It's typical for me to arrive early Saturday to set up and find one or more anonymous boxes of figures or paint waiting.  A couple of years ago at Reapercon folks helped fill a box with mouslings for me to give away.  I could not do this without the support I get from the painting and gaming community. 

So here is this year's class:

(BTW, if you got stuff in your Bones3 core that you do not want, find me at Reapercon, I will see it goes to a good cause)

I apologize to anyone having trouble loading this, it seems the forum software wants to make my replies into one giant post....

• By Crow05
      Finished up all the bones 2 Mouslings. Can't wait for the Bones 3 space marine ones.

• By SparrowMarie
      As part of this month's getting to know you thread a challenge was proposed, try a technique you've never done before. For me that was OSL. So I used the Mousling Druid to attempt this. For a first try I don't think it turned out too bad. The lighting in my room isn't great so I hope it reads okay.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)