ForgePrints

Funded
Adventurescapes

101 posts in this topic

Nice funding trend in the last couple of hours. Only 5 hours left to get in on the early bird pricing (which lasts into the pledge manager). I think the additional preview pics of the docks set-up with DF sewer walls and the prototype beach tiles are moving things along.

33 minutes ago, dschumm said:

The fishing hut is more of a bait stand, the crane makes a little more sense when I think of it being hand powered (but still very tiny), the raft is a joke but I know I will just it. More like river hobo, or escape from an island transport but you get a huge amount of pieces. 

Yeah, if the hut didn't say "fishing" across the front of it, it could be any kind of stand I needed it to be. As it is, they sell tackle. Not a lot I can do with that in game. I like the design of the crane, but it can't even hold a single crate. Anything that needed a crane wouldn't fit on it. Anything that would fit on it would be easier to just toss to someone on the dock. I've realized that I can snap the raft in half, throw away the mast, and have two good planks out of it, So now I'm 93% on board.

3 minutes ago, Fnordlover said:

Yeah, if the hut didn't say "fishing" across the front of it, it could be any kind of stand I needed it to be. As it is, they sell tackle. Not a lot I can do with that in game. I like the design of the crane, but it can't even hold a single crate. Anything that needed a crane wouldn't fit on it. Anything that would fit on it would be easier to just toss to someone on the dock. I've realized that I can snap the raft in half, throw away the mast, and have two good planks out of it, So now I'm 93% on board.

Up 3% I'll take it. For me the accessories are a bonus. The dock tiles, pillars and water mat are what I would use. I'm not normally one for obscene amounts of dressing. Things like desks and crates are often sitting on the sidelines as it is while I draw them on my mat. So I'm 95%. The thing I am most looking forward to is just the all of the interested physical relationship between characters on this kind of set up. 

6 minutes ago, dschumm said:

Up 3% I'll take it. For me the accessories are a bonus. The dock tiles, pillars and water mat are what I would use. I'm not normally one for obscene amounts of dressing. Things like desks and crates are often sitting on the sidelines as it is while I draw them on my mat. So I'm 95%. The thing I am most looking forward to is just the all of the interested physical relationship between characters on this kind of set up. 

If I wanted to draw everything I would be at 0%, that'd be way cheaper than those magnificent dock tiles. I dig the feel of having 3D tiles, and buildings and things. Those barrels, sacks, and crates have me chomping at the bit, The tiles fill my head with possibilities. If it weren't that I'd have two buildings and cranes in my trashcan, I'd be probably be in for two sets already.

3 minutes ago, ForgePrints said:

There is always the dock addon that's just the tiles and ramp :) 

No worries, I've back it. And I think there is so much value in teh dock set I am getting the accessories for free. And since I have them I might use them and get hooked on decor. The crates I have from foundation 2 by forge prints do get used quite a bit for all kinds of random things and proping up characters when they  are flying.

11 minutes ago, ForgePrints said:

There is always the dock addon that's just the tiles and ramp :) 

Don't think those don't tempt me, too.

And more pics, too!

Second pic has their beach prototype (needs more sand, but could also be used as a river bank) : 

3533064.jpg

3534578.jpg

Edited by ced1106
1 person likes this

On 9/9/2017 at 0:06 PM, Talae said:

My fear was chipping when letting my young kids use them. I let them play with my Dwarven Forge with their ponies, dinosaurs, and superheroes. It is nice not having to worry.

I just received two pieces tonight. I'll write up more later, but I can give a pretty quick summary with respect to durability.

Short version: Zero concern about chipping. Durability is extremely similar to Dwarven Forge with a bit of a sandstone feel. These will be safe to drop from the table or give to your kids.

2 people like this

Just now, cthulhu said:
On 9/9/2017 at 11:06 AM, Talae said:

My fear was chipping when letting my young kids use them. I let them play with my Dwarven Forge with their ponies, dinosaurs, and superheroes. It is nice not having to worry.

I just received two pieces tonight. I'll write up more later, but I can give a pretty quick summary with respect to durability.

Short version: Zero concern about chipping. Durability is extremely similar to Dwarven Forge with a bit of a sandstone feel. These will be safe to drop from the table or give to your kids.

I may not have been clear. My fear was chipping until I watched the video. I am convinced.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Fnordlover said:

Yeah, if the hut didn't say "fishing" across the front of it, it could be any kind of stand I needed it to be.

I thought the same thing. I really don't care for the fishing sign.

But, I did receive two sample pieces tonight. While I wish the sign didn't have any lettering, it won't be too hard to use a blade to remove the lettering and restore the wood grain to the sign board.

Because the material is more like Dwarvenite than ceramic/resin I think it will be a reasonably easy mod if it bugs you.

Edited by cthulhu
2 people like this

Hey, I'm interested - but I would put the alchemy lab next to my Dungeonstone tiles, and I'm worried about size difference. I don't know where else to ask the question about this. Additionally, can we back for a base amount and add more later? I heard mention of a pledge manager, and I was just wondering how exactly it works. 

28 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Hey, I'm interested - but I would put the alchemy lab next to my Dungeonstone tiles, and I'm worried about size difference. I don't know where else to ask the question about this. Additionally, can we back for a base amount and add more later? I heard mention of a pledge manager, and I was just wondering how exactly it works. 

The pieces seem to fit well with DF but I don't know Dungeonstone. I'll ask over on the KS. AS far as the pledge manager they have said you can pledge now and you will be credited that after it closes. You will be asked you selections after the KS but they said there would be a reasonable time to keep adding until closer to fulfillment. They may have it more automated this time but the last time I bought from them they just sent an excel sheet with options and my KS credit, I made my picks, and since it went higher than my credit they sent me a paypal invoice. I had a reasonable time to complete it and my stuff was shipped after. This time they have a lot more backers so it will probably closer to what Reaper does. 

1 person likes this

You are correct dschumm! For Foundations 4 Rise of the Mimics we signed up with Backerkit.com its a great pledge manager software and everything is handled by the application from credit card processing to shipping and its all self service so the backers can update address and selections as they see fit.  We will be using this again for Adventurescapes! 

As far as size compatibility our system is designed to match up with Dwarven Forge from both floor thickness to wall height etc.  All of our tiles are 2x2 grids.  Please let me know if i can answer any other questions!

Kevin

1 person likes this