• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JGroeling
      Conversion post w Sculpt WIP
      WIP post. 

This was originally Bones #77202 that I'd ordered a while back and started sculpting on. Had gotten the sculpt finished a couple months ago between other projects, and have slowly been adding paint since. 

He's a bit on the dirty looking sode, which is alright as that's what I was going for. Wanted to give him a trail worn look. Added some more coloration and softened things up more than I had originally planned, but I think it worked out. 

Also, there's a faint detail of blood drops on the front of the base below the Warg's head. As I wanted to add the feeling that they were on the hunt, with the pose and the paint. 

• By Chaoswolf
      Sir Danel (this fellow here:  https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/sir danel/latest/14226 )  got Bones-ified way back in Bones 2. With a couple changes. In metal, he has a lance and sword. In Bones, he was supposed to have a sword and shield. Somewhere along the way, a blunder happened. His Bones version is all goofed up. His left hand, holding the sword, is attached to his right arm, and his left arm just ends in a stump, no hand (there is a shield, though). There has been talk of correcting the mistake so that he can be marketed, but to the best of my knowledge this is still in the works.

I am going to try to show you how easy it is to 'rescue' your copy of Sir Danel (if you backed Bones 2; he's not currently for sale, for obvious reasons), and hopefully convince you to give it a try.

...and I'm already off to a bad start, as I don't have any pictures of the figure before I start making changes to it. I had already started cutting before the thought occurred to me that other folks might find this interesting/useful.

First off, let's cut off his left hand.

Ok, now lets get rid of that sword. (At this point, you need to make a decision: do you want him holding the sword, or the shield? I went with shield. If you choose to have him keep the sword, you'd need to carefully bend the shield away from his arm, and cut through the attaching point. If you're careful, you can save the shield to use on somebody else).

Ok, here we go. Be very, very careful cutting between the crosspiece of the sword hilt and the top of his hand; if you're not, you're going to need to resculpt some fingers.

Now, there is a small attaching nub on the stump of the left arm; slice that off so that you have a flat surface to mate the left hand with. Trim both the left arm and the left hand until you have a good fit, then glue the pieces together.

Now, look for a suitable hand/weapon combo to put on the right arm. Here, I took the hammer/hand from 77089: Halbarand, cleric.

And he's all set to go forth and smite some evil! I have a few more copies of this figure, which I'll be converting, so I'll show you the conversions as I do them.

I hope that this inspires someone to rescue Sir Danel and then paint him up. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

...or, I'll go ahead and show you some of them now, since I goofed up the pictures somehow...

Here, I used the hand and sword from Almaran the gold, 77058.
      You can also see where I wasn't quite careful enough and needed to fill a gap with some green stuff.

I'm not sure who I got the hand and sword from, as I did this one at Reapercon.
      At this point, I figured I didn't want to have a bunch of differently armed clones, so I started doing head swaps, as well. This head is a Games Workshop bit, from their 'Empire' line.

Here is the beginnings of another one; you can see where I'm going to need a little green stuff on his left arm. I've also (carefully) cut off his head and drilled a hole to accommodate the neck of whatever piece I decide to put there. You can also see the beginnings of the right hand/weapon swap. That is a hand from a GW Chaos Warrior.

• By Vacaroja
      It all started with a D&D group forming.  That's when I started up the painting minis in June.  And having trouble finding figures that we felt represented our characters, I opted to have some fun and use some anthropomorphic Dark Sword critters.  Plus, I admit I was a little scared of doing human faces on my first go.

What they represent in our game, from left to right -
      A Half Elf warlock, a Goliath warrior, an Elf swashbuckler, and a Dragonkin cleric of Talos.

And the badger's weapon is a conversion because the original mace head broke off and my friend's character carried a glaive.  I bought one of the Reaper weapon packs and used a piece from that for the conversion.  I also got a surprise and found that I had already bought the badger a long time ago, so I had two!  So I painted both up and call them "The Brothers".

I love their furry cloaks.
    • By Jasonator
      I have been threatening to finish Zoe The Golden Retriever sometime this week. 
      Last nights sixteen degrees F provided the impetus !  I was too cold to sleep well.
      So Here is ZOE.  This is a beautiful, soul full piece to work on.  Capturing the emotion in
      that small face, getting everything painted and mounted proved quite the challenge to me.
      In the end Zoe was a real treat to do.  Not that often I really get into a feeling level while painting
      a miniature.  Mr. Summers must have had a beautiful and loving companion in Zoe, it came through
      the Sculpt !  Hope I did it Justice.

Let me know what you think of my efforts on this mini please !
      Jay

• By JGroeling
      This is a scale question. Specifically on the big guys in the back. When I had started roughing out the wireform and slapping a little base putty on them, I had the idea of Trolls in armor. Now that I'm looking at them compared to some reaper conversions, I'm thinking they might end up having to be giants, demons, or something else. What do you think would fit for those figs at the scale they are? Prefer DnD themes if you think Troll wouldnt work. Also, open to weird fantasy creatures as long as they fit the scale and are tall and wirey.    These aren't for any game/encounter in particular, I just enjoy making stuff. L to R,
      - WIP necromancer and ghouls I'd started scratchbuilding before they got shelved. Looking forward to getting back into those.
      - Big guys in back are undecided
      - An old barbarian conversion WIP from a reaper bones
      - Recent child scratchbuild - My warg rider conversion WIP from a Reaper Bones (which has it's own post here)
      - and I believe this was a Warhammer Chaos figure that I had added tentacles to an painted about a decade ago.

• Who's Online   39 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)