• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym
      YAY!  Clearance items begotten from Game Kastle and I managed to find not one but TWO of the minis from my wishlist in their clearance!!  WOOOHOOO!

HERALD OF BLOOD
      This golem or construct of the gnomes from deep within the world is brilliantly painted by Martin Jones in the Reaper Catalog:

Painted by Martin Jones

And while I didn't want his work to influence mine I will be doing at least two things the same:

A.
      Glowing Runes and Eyes

B.
      Not Stone Spikes

I assembled this gentleman first with the idea of "full menacing pose" so both arms are over his head.

And amusingly, without referencing the above image, I swapped his arms.

So to start off, here he is Primed, Basecoated in Vallejo Game Color Yellow Olive and the Runes are in Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil.

GOAL!!!!
      On the base, is a piece of slate and green stuff to simulate cavern floor.  Two fallen or unused mine supports are behind him.

What's next ... well, I think the final colors are going to be Purple / Black Granite with a Green under-color.
      The Runes will be a glowing Reaper Rach Red .

The Spikes will be converted into Crystals.  Which might entail some blunting of the ends to get a more crystalline appearance. 
      These crystals will ultimately be Red/Purple or Purple/Green to fit the theme so far.

ENJOY and Stay Tuned!
    • By Sirithiliel
      Got the base coat in place, starting to pick out the details now

i went with the same base colors that i did for my Kraken and Coraldrax, since I find it gives a good representation of something that's been underwater a long time

• By Arbiter10
      Some pics of my recently completed iron golem.

• By lazylich
      My inaugural Bones 3 paint, the Iron Golem (menacing Sir Forscale that I got from either a paint-and-take at PAX or a learn-to-paint kit, can't remember which).

I'm not sure it really comes out in the picture, but I started with black/gray zenithal priming layers, airbrushed a not-too-thick layer of a bright metallic over it, dark wash, and then heavily shaded it with pure black glazes (there's supposed to be some left/right shading with the glazes, but it doesn't show well in the pictures I don't think). Then touched all the gouges with the metallic again, and painted the optics and vents with red and orange, on the assumption that iron golems are powered by some kind of eldritch furnace internally.

(Sir Forscale was splashed with whatever bright primary color was close at hand, like you do when you're a complete noob at a paint-and-take, and I hope I got the right SKU from the list that came with my shipment.)

• By Dead Bard Miniatures
      Hi all, after much lurking I've decided to post some of my minis  I technically posted once before but I just realized looking at the old post that it was over a year ago!
      I'm really going to have to pick up my painting rate given that another bones pledge is about to be delivered!  
      So I can definitely tell I like painting the bad guys better than the PC characters, probably due to spending too much time DMing. Anyway, here's some recent ones I painted. As always feedback is appreciated!

First a couple beastmen from the Warlord line:

How about a golem and some undead as tomb guardians? I diced up a skeleton into the base of the bone fiend too. You can kind of see the boot.

I have painted some character figures as well recently. Here's a few Elves with an Halfling. I need to work on my faces more though. Humanoid faces are so much flatter than monsters'. Anyone have any tips for varying humanoid flesh or adding details to faces that that sculp might not define well? Thanks! Much appreciated!

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)