• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GreenBeams
      I finally finished it! 

• By GreenBeams
      Hello all!

I'm really trying to learn about sculpting for miniatures and here's my current project:

It's a Golem from artist Chris Walton

It's just at the Armature phase right now but i've started to block in my major shape masses. I'll post that when i get a bit further.

Any help/suggestions/direction on how to make this more viable for print at around 30mm would be most appreciated!

All the best, 
      Andrew Cothill

• By DMAgamus
      Hey all, DMAgamus here. It was the extra spoopy time of year again, and I always put on a special game to celebrate. WHat better thing to pain, then, than pieces from the graveyard expansion of bones 3. I present to you, the crypt at the edge of the wilds! The Halloweenies! ANd their minion, Pete the Grave Golem! Also, I've added on pics of the full board, for fun. It was a great time had by all.

Album link:Halloween Painting and Set Up

• By Thrym
      YAY!  Clearance items begotten from Game Kastle and I managed to find not one but TWO of the minis from my wishlist in their clearance!!  WOOOHOOO!

HERALD OF BLOOD
      This golem or construct of the gnomes from deep within the world is brilliantly painted by Martin Jones in the Reaper Catalog:

Painted by Martin Jones

And while I didn't want his work to influence mine I will be doing at least two things the same:

A.
      Glowing Runes and Eyes

B.
      Not Stone Spikes

I assembled this gentleman first with the idea of "full menacing pose" so both arms are over his head.

And amusingly, without referencing the above image, I swapped his arms.

So to start off, here he is Primed, Basecoated in Vallejo Game Color Yellow Olive and the Runes are in Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil.

GOAL!!!!
      On the base, is a piece of slate and green stuff to simulate cavern floor.  Two fallen or unused mine supports are behind him.

What's next ... well, I think the final colors are going to be Purple / Black Granite with a Green under-color.
      The Runes will be a glowing Reaper Rach Red .

The Spikes will be converted into Crystals.  Which might entail some blunting of the ends to get a more crystalline appearance. 
      These crystals will ultimately be Red/Purple or Purple/Green to fit the theme so far.

ENJOY and Stay Tuned!
    • By Sirithiliel
      Got the base coat in place, starting to pick out the details now

i went with the same base colors that i did for my Kraken and Coraldrax, since I find it gives a good representation of something that's been underwater a long time

• Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)