11 posts in this topic

Very cool!

Sir Forescale deserves a statue for his duties!

3 people like this

Awesome looking statue. 

2 people like this

Super cool idea! I love the thought you put into it to where people would touch the statue etc. I need a sir forscale as well.

2 people like this

nice job , i really like the aging look on the metal

2 people like this

Sir Forscale does make an OUTSTANDING statute...he may be trying to upstage the Dragon though. Your SPLENDID work with the brush & eye for color have made him that way. VERY NICELY DONE!

3 people like this

Great idea, very well done!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'll have to pick up a few Garrick (Sir ForScale) and do a few like this (bronze, stone (I have a skeleton that will probably be stone as a happy accident in painting him), maybe something else statuey haha).

If  Ma'al Drakar is not crazy expensive retail, I may just have to cut two heads off and make a NOT King Ghidorah! Is it out yet?

Great job BTW:)

Edited by Ratmaster2000
1 person likes this

Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments! :blush: He was a fun, quick little paint job, though I may go back and touch up a couple of spots (such as around his toes and around the edges of his base) that could use a bit more copper. I think I might also try doing a few careful highlights with P3 Molten Bronze. If I do, I'll post updated pictures here.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

3 people like this

This is a great idea!  I might have to pick a few random Bones to turn into statues, it's a neat quick project.  ^_^

2 people like this

Cool idea!

I like how he turned out.:winkthumbs:

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OneBoot
      For those of you unfamiliar with Goblin Painting Challenges, started by our very own @buglips*the*goblin, here is a link to the Kaladrax thread that started it all:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip .

For this Challenge, I will be painting up Ma'al Drakar in 7 days, using no brushes larger than a size 0. 

The rules are posted below:

I will be starting my Challenge at 1:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time on August 2nd 2017 (link here).
      EDIT: If you want to skip all of the talky stuff, here's the link to my completion picture.

Let the insanity begin!!!  

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By OneBoot
      This thread will serve as an index of all the Work in Progress and Show-off threads created by participants in this glorious madness. Don't post your entries here! Please make your own threads, then make a post here with links to them.

Thread for Official Entries is here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76081-maal-drakar-7-day-challenge-official-entries-no-chatter/

The Challenge will begin on August 1st 2017, and will be open for submission of completed entries until midnight CST on August 1st 2018. For further information, please see this thread.

Please familiarize yourself with the Official Rules BEFORE you start your Challenge! We don't want to have to disqualify anyone's hard work!

Official Rules:

Link to FAQ: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69639-7-day-goblin-challenge-official-rules/

Now, forth, and fear no dragon!
      Arise! Arise, Painters of Ma'al Drakar!
      Paints shall be shaken! Brushes shall be splintered!
      A glorious day... A Seven day... Ere the deadline rises!!!

• By korimar
      Orson Lugrum, Evil Wizard 03638 by Bobby Jackson

• By Flaming Tiki
       Sneak peak at my "next" project. Custom base that I've been playing with (one of two). I made this from an old medicine jar, dollhouse crown molding (cast into a flexible piece), some strip styrene, balsafoam, smooth cast 300, alumalite quickset, and an old ring. I think that's it. Oh, and some Magic-Sculpt (two part clay) and let's not forget the tree bark. Still some clean up to do and more Magic-Sculpt/sculpting to bring the top (ground) piece together with the mountain.

• By Flaming Tiki
      Reaper Bones, Bobby Jackson sculpt. She was an uphill for me. Pretty happy with the end result, that being all that I learned with this mini.
       Thanks for stopping in.
                                      Joe   
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)