Pochi

Goblin Standard Bearers - 77567

14 posts in this topic

OUTSTANDING! The Little Rogues make a WONDERFUL Color Party...BEAUTIFUL color choices & brushwork. The regimental device is UBERCOOLVERY WELL DONE!

The varying skin shades look TERRIFIC. That is an unique take & an imaginative idea that worked SPLENDIDLY.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work! I really like the colours and - as you pointed out - the eyes.

 

There is one thing though that looks weird to me: Those orange shoes of the green one somehow don't fit the scenery at all. I mean - you've got all this more or less dark colours, all harmonizing together and then then are bright orange shoes. I don't know. Doesn't fit in my opinion.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, malefactus said:

OUTSTANDING! The Little Rogues make a WONDERFUL Color Party...BEAUTIFUL color choices & brushwork. The regimental device is UBERCOOLVERY WELL DONE!

The varying skin shades look TERRIFIC. That is an unique take & an imaginative idea that worked SPLENDIDLY.

Thank you! The darkest goblin really isn't blue. It is my drow skin recipe and it has a dab of P3 Coal Black which is a blue black but not much. There is Nightshade Purple and another purple in there and yet, his photos look blue. Oh well!

 

27 minutes ago, Knochensack said:

Great work! I really like the colours and - as you pointed out - the eyes.

 

There is one thing though that looks weird to me: Those orange shoes of the green one somehow don't fit the scenery at all. I mean - you've got all this more or less dark colours, all harmonizing together and then then are bright orange shoes. I don't know. Doesn't fit in my opinion.

Well.....there is a whole lot of brown and bone and beige and tan and I was trying to use other colors since it was looking pretty dull and and kind of blah. I decided to pull the green from the banner down into the loincloth and then using color theory, what goes good with green? Red/Orange. I even threw two washes over them to tone them down. You should have seen them before! I was going to repaint them but my husband said he likes them. I also think they are kind of funny because they are the school colors of my son-in-law's highschool which is in the neighboring small town where I grew up. So yeah, I was just stumped on what color to make them and even thinking about repainting them, not sure what color I would go with. Maybe light blue but not sure how I would like that with the blue loin cloth on the drum goblin and the light blue drummer. Hmmmm.....

Edited by Pochi
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks awesome. My favorite part is the rusted standard speaks and the longhorn. The gradient on the horns is amazing.

Can't wait to see the group picture, that will dissolve any consurn about the boots color since they will complement the Ogress's clothes.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Metalchaos said:

It looks awesome. My favorite part is the rusted standard speaks and the longhorn. The gradient on the horns is amazing.

Can't wait to see the group picture, that will dissolve any consurn about the boots color since they will complement the Ogress's clothes.

Thank you! You rock! That is true, once I get the last ogre done and put them all together, there will be more orange!

 

Thanks for noticing the rust! Haha! I was afraid I had gone too dark with the horns but I wanted to differentiate it from the skulls and banner color.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pochi said:

Well.....there is a whole lot of brown and bone and beige and tan and I was trying to use other colors since it was looking pretty dull and and kind of blah. I decided to pull the green from the banner down into the loincloth and then using color theory, what goes good with green? Red/Orange. I even threw two washes over them to tone them down. You should have seen them before! I was going to repaint them but my husband said he likes them. I also think they are kind of funny because they are the school colors of my son-in-law's highschool which is in the neighboring small town where I grew up. So yeah, I was just stumped on what color to make them and even thinking about repainting them, not sure what color I would go with. Maybe light blue but not sure how I would like that with the blue loin cloth on the drum goblin and the light blue drummer. Hmmmm.....

 

Well, if you thought something out, it's fair enough.

 

I'm just giving away my impression ;-D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great set!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those turned out amazing!!! Wonderful freehand work on the banner. My fav gobbo is the dark blue one. His name should be midnight :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those look amazing!  I love the colour gradations and the details on the banner and the drum especially. All of them look astoundingly beautiful.  

 

As a side note to an earlier comment: I always assume all goblins, orcs and other like creatures have extremely poor fashion sense and thus will literally wear the most hideous colours together. Just my thinking.  

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are so lovely!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice job on the freehand.very clean work

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now