Chaoswolf

GW to re-release Necromunda!

I could MAYBE get interested in this. It vanished around the time I FIRST got curious, and it has all the fun of WH40K without necessarily requiring taking out a mortgage for all the dratted figures.

• Like 1

A long time ago, I said that all GW had to do, to get me back as a customer, was re-release Necromunda or Mordheim....

Now... they have.

I am a happy Grump. ::D: (You all realize that I am going to drag Megan into this, don't you?)

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

Ooo.  Minis look nice, but what I want to know is what they'll do with the terrain.  I loved the old plastic bulkheads.  The cardboard sections didn't age so well, though (what with the cartoony colors, or the inevitable wear), but there are ways to get by and still make use of the original bulkheads for vertical supports and representation of ladders to get from level to level.  (I.e., simply paint over overly-abused old cardboard floor pieces, or make new floor pieces made of "corrugated" plastic from yard signs, with "paneling" made of pieces of cardstock, and drops of Super Glue Gel standing in for rivets, with occasional patches of cross-stitch plastic grid and random bits for "greebles," etc.  It's similar to what I did to refurbish my old, horribly abused Mordheim buildings.)

• Like 3

I just downloaded my old World Works Platform Command PDFs again - just for Necromunda.

Yeah, they are old, and yeah, they didn't age that well - but I can print up a lot. ::):

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

Tempting, very tempting. I didn't play Necromunda way back when which is surprising as I was totally into everything GW in the 90s. Mordheim was probably the game we played the most. I'm not sure I'll like the gameplay as much any more. I find the basic combat resolution slow now and with knockdowns and such it's even slower. Still tempted to try it out again.

• Like 2

My soul cheered when I read this, as my wallet wept in a dark corner, fearing the abuse to come...  

Assuming the terrain is decent and not going to financially cripple me, I'm going to be all over this...  

• Like 3

Megan has accused me of... salivating.

What can I say, there's no drool like an auld drool....

Really hoping they incorporate something like the Ash Wastes - I was looking at Megan's Inquisitor Mobile, while going 'Vrooom! Vroom!'...

The Auld Grump - first GW game I have been excited about in decades!

• Like 6

I'm definitely excited about plastic gangs, but when I really think about it, I already have a lot of game rules that fulfill a similar function like Judge Dredd and This Is Not A Test. I think I'll be in for a boxed game if they put one out.

• Like 2

Was talking about this with a co-worker yesterday.  Don't know if I need another game I don't have much chance to play, but the figures would be nice to have.

• Like 2

The preview model pics look good.  Necromunda will definitely benefit from models that are easy to convert and customize.

• Like 2

On 08/14/2017 at 5:00 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Megan has accused me of... salivating.

What can I say, there's no drool like an auld drool....

Really hoping they incorporate something like the Ash Wastes - I was looking at Megan's Inquisitor Mobile, while going 'Vrooom! Vroom!'...

The Auld Grump - first GW game I have been excited about in decades!

He's been trying to drag me into this for years.

Plastic Escher looks good, but I want something a bit Gothier. Boy gangers and girl gangers in tight leather and torn fishnets. Zippers, studs, and mascara for EVERYONE!

A gang that quietly whispers... POSEURS!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

He's been trying to drag me into this for years.

Plastic Escher looks good, but I want something a bit Gothier. Boy gangers and girl gangers in tight leather and torn fishnets. Zippers, studs, and mascara for EVERYONE!

A gang that quietly whispers... POSEURS!

Have you seen the miniatures from Slow Death Games' "Wild in the Streets"?

They have an entire Goth gang.

• Like 3