Chaoswolf

GW to re-release Necromunda!

Ambulls?!  That takes me back.

An ambull makes sense with their tunneling ways.

• Like 2

I seem to recall an Ambull in a not-GW Chaos Raider Kickstarter. ::):

0a4e3ac2dcaaa8edec07cc4cf4ed1b54_origina

Pretty sure that the dropping of Squats was because of one (1) person in the upper echelons of GW not liking the name - and that he has gone to find (or fertilize) new pastures. (Also why Imperial vehicles had to have tracks.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

On 2/6/2018 at 4:47 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

Pretty sure that the dropping of Squats was because of one (1) person in the upper echelons of GW not liking the name - and that he has gone to find (or fertilize) new pastures. (Also why Imperial vehicles had to have tracks.)

The Auld Grump

It is kind of a lousy name.

• Like 2

I just hope that any new name isn't as bad as most of the renaming in AoS. I rarely look at GW nowadays but occasionally glance at their website and I can't figure out what the bleep anything is by name. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

It is kind of a lousy name.

Still a lousy reason to get rid of the entire army.

To be fair - Squat was not supposed to be what they called themselves - it was what the Imperials called them as an insult.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

They didn't stop supporting squats because of the name as such, they did it mainly because no one at the studio felt very strongly for them or otherwise knew of a great direction to take them in. The whole biker dwarves in space deal wasn't exactly super fleshed out. They got a much bigger presence in Epic because that was a scale of game where the designers felt they could have great ideas for a unique style.

Personally, I would focus on them viewing themselves as the true inheritors of humanity and have the whole underground fortresses and shortness be incidental.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:26 PM, Zink said:

I just hope that any new name isn't as bad as most of the renaming in AoS. I rarely look at GW nowadays but occasionally glance at their website and I can't figure out what the bleep anything is by name. 

Yup, so much this. I'd probably get chased out with pitchforks if I were to go into a physical GW store; I'd be asking for things by the old names.:lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yup, so much this. I'd probably get chased out with pitchforks if I were to go into a physical GW store; I'd be asking for things by the old names.:lol:

I was a huge fan of GW Chaos and Undead ( still am for the fluff and the old minis) but I can hardly figure out what some minis are supposed to be.

The New Undead have monsters that make no sense to me.

I ony like the dinos from the Lizardmen oops I mean Seraphon...

• Like 4