Chaoswolf

GW to re-release Necromunda!

65 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Oh yeah, Tyrian purple, I know. Pretty dang close to process magenta.

Speaking of which, "magenta" was a coal-tar dye named after a fashionable Italian battle of the time, and like its cousin "mauve" is really an eye-watering electric hot pink.  But mauve is a fugitive dye that rapidly deteriorates to a soft lavender-blue-grey, the color that the next generation or two associated with the name.

I remember that from the old (and incredibly awesome) TV show Connections. (James Burke is one of my heroes....)

The Auld Grump

1 person likes this

Tyrian/Murex purple is more of a reddish purple or purplish red than a pink (though I'm sure you can get a strong pink with the right dying technique. The best Tyrian purple color is described in contemporaneous documents as "the color of clotted blood".

3 people like this

Over on Wargame Vault and RPGNow, Dave Graffam has a few sets that would would work -

gallery-babylon-mb-large.jpg

About $15 for the PDFs, and pretty modular.

His older sets are on sale right now for a buck, mostly good for making a battle mat area or scatter terrain.

188262.jpg

gallery-spaceport-crates-large.jpg

There is also some good scatter terrain either out or coming out from some weird company in Denton, Texas....

I wonder whatever happened with that?....

4377d4ac58d10f4f0b447c215f97766a_origina

The Auld Grump

3 people like this

On 9/11/2017 at 9:50 AM, Sergeant_Crunch said:

I don't see how people can think it's fun if they don't include re-enacting the spread of the plague.

Sarge, I think Buglips hacked your account.

2 people like this

For folks that want some not-Escher, or just variant-Escher, Raging Heroes is having a 40% off sale on their Toughest Girls of the Galaxy sets, getting rid of the collections.

I like their Jailbirds.

I was so hoping that Victoria Lamb was going to have some figures in Bones IV - I really want to expand on my Neo-Victorian gangs for Necromunda. Plus, you know, having a Sledgehammer on the tabletop is just good clean fun.... <_<

The Auld Grump

2 people like this