Wow that is stunningly beautiful work!  The colours are amazing and I love the purple especially on her armour! The plinth is also really creative and ties in wonderfully with the theme! 

• Like 4

Just now, Baldur8762 said:

Wow that is stunningly beautiful work!  The colours are amazing and I love the purple especially on her armour! The plinth is also really creative and ties in wonderfully with the theme! 

Thank you! I appreciate your comments ::D:

• Like 2

unbelievably good work! I really love the outcome. I was sceptical of that hair first, but in the end it all turned out to look absolutely awesome. I'd love to put her in my showcase for sure!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Knochensack said:

unbelievably good work! I really love the outcome. I was sceptical of that hair first, but in the end it all turned out to look absolutely awesome. I'd love to put her in my showcase for sure!

Thank you very much!

I had a difficult time deciding on what hair color to go with and I'm happy with how it turned out. I asked for some advice from my friend and mentor (Michael Proctor) on how he'd suggest doing a silver hair. If you ever go to reapercon, make sure to take a class or two of his. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Dude, that turned out awesome!!

Thank you! ::D:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Darcstaar said:

That's really cool!

I love the eyes!  They are very evil and menacing.

Thank you, Darc! I think they are probably the best eyes I've done to date, so I'm very happy how they came out. ::):

• Like 2

You're levelling up with every bust/large scale mini!!!

Her eyes are lifelike, her armor is stunning, I love the hair and the scratch built Tie Fighter Base is an excellent idea!

burns.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, she looks even better than the WIP pictures you posted! I am totally envious!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ub3r_n3rd
      Having a hard time getting started back up on my keeper's sanctum diorama... I think I need to purposely take a break from it and work on some other stuff to get my creative juices flowing again. I have this idea in my head for a 75mm diorama featuring black sun miniatures' "Barbarian and the Lost Princess" (Conan) vs SC75's "Brock the Wanderer" 

I'm thinking in this piece that it will have Conan carrying the princess through a dungeon type setting and then Brock standing there in front of a doorway. I'm going to really pull from artwork that I admire in regards to barbarians such as Frazetta and Patrick J. Jones.

Right now I'm cleaning off the flash and mold lines, as soon as I do that, I'll wash everything and start to assemble as much as I can without causing issues during painting. 

Mood and color scheme inspiration pic from Patrick J. Jones -

• By dks
      I've sculpted 3 tengu figures for Reaper -- a rogue, samurai (warrior), and wizard -- but until recently I had painted only the tengu rogue, and that was 2 years ago (July 2015).
      I had an idea to paint the warrior and enter both the rogue and warrior as a combined entry into the Open category of the painting contest at ReaperCon.  They would have been "Tengu Twins", because the samurai uses the exact same head and feet as the rogue, but with a new body.
      I started painting him on the Thursday of the con, but managed to finish only the head and set him onto a base.  On Friday, I GM'd a game of Pathfinder Society and taught a class in the afternoon, and had only an hour to paint in between.  I blocked in some jade green on the armor, and purple-brown for the cloth -- dark colors like I had used on the rogue -- but they weren't working well. 
      So I set the warrior aside and put the rogue into the contest by himself.

One night in the hotel after ReaperCon, I watched 3 episodes of the blade-forging reality show "Forged in Fire". 
      In one episode, the smiths had to put a hamon (wavy line) on the knife they were forging, so I knew should add a hamon to the tengu's sword. 

Back at home, I was walking around my neighborhood when I noticed the tiles on a nearby apartment building, in ultramarine blue and turquoise.  Inspiration for the armor!

I painted for several hours last Sunday and Monday and was nearly finished but wasn't sure of the last few moves: freehand on the cloth, and maybe some color shifts. 
      I paused and took photos:

And I sketched over it in Photoshop:

So I went back to the painting table for a couple of hours....

Derek

• By Glitterwolf
      A while ago I had a poll to vote which bust I would paint next.

This was the winner.
      So we better get started ( ok I'm also painting my Brutus Bust but she was first)

She has many options, ( with or without hat, with or without a parrot, and with a shirt or topless)

I'm going for full options.
      Trying to make the shirt somewhat sheer.
      OMG...I never done that!

Wish me luck!

• By Glitterwolf
      I bought this wonderful bust of a Boxer Dog a while ago, I immediately knew I would paint it up as my Boxer Brutus.

So here we go.

• By Mckenna35
      I've had a chunk of antler sitting in my drawer of basing materials for years, waiting for the right figure to use it on.  I recently acquired the Bombshell Miniature Morihalda bust, and inspiration stuck!  The antler was cut at a weird angle but I was able to use a hacksaw and a miter box to square off the top.  I have the dilemma of trying to figure out a) the right orientation of the bust to the base, and b) if I want to fare in the bust pedestal to the antler using green stuff.  I plan on putting a couple of pins in her base, and then matching sockets in the antler.  I figure I can blank off the top of the antler with shrink wrap and then do the sculpting work (if I choose to pursue that) which would enable me to separate them again for priming/painting purposes.  Anyway, I've come to you brave forumites for advice!  I've got four pictures attached showing the four possible orientations of the bust/antler.  Let me know which one you think is the most appealing choice!  I'm partial to #3 myself, but my wife likes #4.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)