This is so awsome!!

An idea for the walls, if you want more details:  some of the plaster on walls may haven falen off,and reveals the bricks/stones underneath.. to match the rusty railing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LarsM said:

This is so awsome!!

An idea for the walls, if you want more details:  some of the plaster on walls may haven falen off,and reveals the bricks/stones underneath.. to match the rusty railing.

Thanks!

I like the idea, but probably too late to do now with that red oxide paste already in place. I would've had to have planned that before putting the paste on. 

• Like 2

Milliput to make the stone flooring. Attached upper balcony railing and added some sconces (they were bits of from the jewelry section at Michael's IIRC).

59b5d5727fa82_Base13.thumb.jpg.9e87c2ca5c7fb42535d36563c45ffd25.jpg

I'm still working on the railing going down the steps, it's rather difficult to get just right. I also want to wait to attach the columns until after I've painted the wall and doors because it'd be a PITA to paint them with the columns in the way. Probably paint the columns before attaching as well now that I think about it. 

• Like 12

The sconces really adds some life to the scene. And I like the stone work with different sizes and shapes.

you could maybe only do half the railing on the stairs, as the rest could have fallen off.. depending om how trashy you want the place to be.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LarsM said:

The sconces really adds some life to the scene. And I like the stone work with different sizes and shapes.

you could maybe only do half the railing on the stairs, as the rest could have fallen off.. depending om how trashy you want the place to be.

Thank you ::):

I have the railing almost ready to go. Need to allow this milliput to cure tonight and then I'll show the railing I'm going with. It uses a large creature's skull and I used copper wire to be able to bend into shape where it looks good as a hand rail. 

• Like 1

Perhaps it's late to ask this -- but why does the Lair of Evil have a railing?  Cackling Overlords of Doom are not known for their compliance with workplace safety regulations.

• Like 5

On 9/11/2017 at 0:38 AM, wdmartin said:

Perhaps it's late to ask this -- but why does the Lair of Evil have a railing?  Cackling Overlords of Doom are not known for their compliance with workplace safety regulations.

It wasn't always The Keeper's home. It used to be an opulent home of a rich Baron. It's now fallen into disrepair and vile acts of evil.

On 9/11/2017 at 0:59 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I like where this is heading!

Thanks!

More work tonight when I get home!

• Like 2

Added the railing with a bannister made from a cyclops skull and then brass etch bent to make a holder to the wall on balcony and give more realism. I also use Green Liner on the Frog Demon as a primer/base coat.

IMG_6486.thumb.JPG.ee5b41d3e7ecdcbed7271d312e4ef972.JPGIMG_6487.thumb.JPG.bd5dfd78f6c155347d809a02070a4c2b.JPGIMG_6488.thumb.JPG.d086322e50a690b533a5133f96241a0f.JPGIMG_6489.thumb.JPG.d001aef93b81ca9b929871fcad792dbc.JPG

I think all I need to do now is add the chain/hook from the balcony and then smooth out the sides/edges of the pink foam with some paste. Then I'll be ready to prime it all and start painting the base and figures. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The copper wire for the banister is a brilliant idea. And  cyclops skull is an awesome touch.::D:

Thank you on both accounts!

I had to add a bit of my skullz fetish right?? BWHAHAHAHAH! 

Really, I like to keep things themed and add some cool little decorative elements whenever I can.  That copper wire wasn't easy to bend just right to get it where I wanted for the railing, took me 2 days of tinkering with wires to get it to look like like that. Now I gotta get that chain/hook hanging from the railing above and see what everyone thinks about it. I'll do a mock-up first in a few minutes as soon as I find that chain I'm thinking about.

• Like 4

Chain/hook found and added in this mock-up. 

IMG_6492.thumb.JPG.6e4db928958ac14c8e2b7e3a9a46bda6.JPGIMG_6491.thumb.JPG.8b17a594e9b7d5f6c1c38c738f4cfc23.JPGIMG_6490.thumb.JPG.81d7ddf56ff4e0daed7acc361c584fd9.JPG

What do you all think?

Yay or Nay?

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Chain hook works but I think the stair railing could use a couple of supports.

Thanks!

Hmm, I wanted to keep it as open as possible and attaching anything now could be nigh impossible without destroying what I've already done and have glued down. 

• Like 2