172 posts in this topic

Assembled and gap filled and modified!

I'm about 12 hours into this project now. 

Next up is to allow everything to cure and then wash off with warm soapy water to remove mold releases and finger oils. Then I'll prime everything at the same time.

The Heroines! Yay!!! :winkthumbs:

IMG_6333.thumb.JPG.dd0bdb1ef86ced1de3df70c657b49fd1.JPG

The Villains! Booo! Hssss! :grr:

IMG_6334.thumb.JPG.1a7c10fe7550691d86870a9c38f0d4db.JPG

The whole cast! Woohoo!!:bday:

IMG_6335.thumb.JPG.5a34fc9c43f62844723e68085567b20e.JPG

15 people like this

An idea occurred last night while talking to Thrym about my project plans. 

I am going to cut the demon in half at the waist and have him half-formed coming up from the 9 hells in the summoning circle with flames and smoke issuing forth and surrounding him. 

Giving it more a feel of motion, danger, dynamics, and drama. 

I'm also trying to decide on the layout so it's compact but not crowded and not so large that things get lost or it's too big to fit in my painted figs carry case. 

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I am going to cut the demon in half at the waist and have him half-formed coming up from the 9 hells in the summoning circle with flames and smoke issuing forth and surrounding him. 

I'm also trying to decide on the layout so it's compact but not crowded and not so large that things get lost or it's too big to fit in my painted figs carry case. 

If anyone else wants help planning dioramas, etc. please feel free to hit me up on social media or ping me for help on here.  The new @membername feature is nice for getting people's attention.

I may not have a lot of time to work on my projects but it's not really a huge thing to chat on instant messengers apps about stuff.

Back to the WIP!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Would be cool too to rework the smaller set of arms so that they are bent, elbows up and palms on the floor as if he's pushing himself up.

5 people like this

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Would be cool too to rework the smaller set of arms so that they are bent, elbows up and palms on the floor as if he's pushing himself up.

Yeah! I may have to either heat and reposition or cut and reposition. Will look at it tonight. ::D:

1 person likes this

Just wondering why the paladin is holding the sword that way...

I looks to me like she is going to try and stab something with it as if it was a dagger....

Other than that, 

Lloth's blessing upon the project! 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Just wondering why the paladin is holding the sword that way...

I looks to me like she is going to try and stab something with it as if it was a dagger....

Other than that, 

Lloth's blessing upon the project! 

It reminds me of the original Conan the Barbarian movies where he shows off and goes through different movements with his sword. 

I liked the sword and that the hand was a left hand so I went through with the conversion even if it looks a tad bit off or odd. Think of it as her swinging and reversing grip in the middle of a dramatic battle. :;):

Thanks for the blessings of the spider queen!

ETA:

If everyone doesn't like the paladin's new sword I can still go with something else. I'm up for suggestions. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
1 person likes this

After thinking about it for the last few days, I realized that George hit the nail on the head for me with regards to the paladin's modification. I wasn't 100% happy with the angle of the sword and how big it is in relation to the figure itself. So, a few moments ago I snipped the sword off and am putting a different sword on it with a different pommel. Right now I'm looking through my bits box to find the right pommel with the blade already attached.

Thanks for pointing it out to me, George!

3 people like this

Here's the new sword, it looks better in scale and still has the decorative elements I was after.

Working with such tiny pins and bits is very tough to do! I'll wash it off and prime all of them today. I'm also going to cut the demon off at the waist as the more I think about that summoning up from the 9 hells surrounded by smoke and fire, the more I like it. This will also take some more modifications for the lower set of arms, so I'll cut them off and re-position so it looks like he's climbing up as Andy suggested.

5999f69a8f103_Vasha8.thumb.jpg.79142a709a88296b2c4d5f902dc26afc.jpg5999f69b1d6ef_Vasha9.thumb.jpg.3e2bcbc97e71ed8720b216be23e0c72a.jpg

Thoughts thus far?

14 people like this

Here we go, cut the demon in half at the waist as I said I was going to do and repositioned both lower arms to give him the dynamics of motion that he was struggling to be summoned and pull himself up out of the nine hells.

5999fbb83f399_Demon1.jpg.cd18bf30f2c90340e642fe84e05e23cd.jpg5999fbb8bdb0a_Demon2.jpg.abf1df6e4c736f50d4896867ab3a6d3c.jpg

12 people like this

PRIMED!

599a1c5f78b9b_TKS6.jpg.3cc7abc9c6c2d47320abc9dd052fc48f.jpg

8 people like this

I love what you're doing here in all regards except one.

The paladin's grip on her shield is wonky.  That's how you either a). Hold a buckler, or b) throw a shield.  A kite shield should be flat against her forearm...unless she is going to have an enemy ripping her shield off her arm, or an ally helping her put on her shield.

3 people like this

9 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

I love what you're doing here in all regards except one.

The paladin's grip on her shield is wonky.  That's how you either a). Hold a buckler, or b) throw a shield.  A kite shield should be flat against her forearm...unless she is going to have an enemy ripping her shield off her arm, or an ally helping her put on her shield.

Thank you. 

This particular shield I really liked for its design elements. The design is vertical and it looked strange to me when I tried to align it where it would be turned to be strapped to her arm. I'll look at kite shields a bit closer as I still have time to modify it or even change out the shield for one that may fit her arm better. 

2 people like this

Kite Shield:

IMG_4743.thumb.PNG.b05ff6afed4a38780cb5eaaaf5cbd033.PNG

You have the option of orienting the shield with the long axis pointing toward the ground or elbow.

Heater Shield

IMG_4742.thumb.PNG.1fc76a8e58de9ffa6e606c25487dbf88.PNG

Based on the the size of that shield, and the paladin's cloak, you could probably make the current shield work with a minor modification.

2 people like this

After feedback about odd shield placement. I found a shield that actually matches the sword and attached to the right arm with superglue and then I used some green stuff to sculpt the leather straps that her arm would go through and hand would hold onto while fighting. 

I think it looks a lot better and I'm happier with this shield as the matching is good for my OCD!

What do you all think?

IMG_6347.thumb.JPG.7a6e90bdb014c14cd17ca8c986608de0.JPGIMG_6348.thumb.JPG.d0b7a465b0fe56261ae9d4ac24aa41b6.JPGIMG_6349.thumb.JPG.5318dc94a3c12170c1adbf8943130b08.JPG

10 people like this