SamuraiJack

Live
Steamforged - Resident Evil 2 the Board Game

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

About this project

4c8936a79b813acda894ff213b3ed451_origina

Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game is a co-operative survival horror game for 1-4 players set in the Resident Evil™ universe. Players choose from a number of familiar characters before venturing into the zombie-infested streets and buildings of Raccoon City in a desperate fight to escape the nightmare!  

Designed specifically for the Resident Evil™ universe from the ground up, this game brings the thrills—and the dangers!—of the setting to the tabletop. World-class miniatures and innovative new mechanics help deliver an experience that captures the essence of the much-loved original video games while offering new twists and turns.

The Survivor Pledge includes:

• Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game
  • The B-Files Expansion Set 
  • Kickstarter Exclusive Leon Alt. Model 
  • All Unlocked Stretch Goals

Choose your character and explore the rich narrative of Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game. With 20+ hours of gameplay, this pledge is packed with a horde of enemies and challenges to provide players with a terrifying and immersive survival horror experience.

c9be5e224c5146c3ae0f176e16f274ff_origina

We don’t like complicated Kickstarters, so we’ve made this one as simple as possible. There is just one pledge level—which also gives you access to all of the fantastic stretch goals we’ll be unlocking as the campaign goes on!  

The best bit is that your pledge will include every stretch goal that gets unlocked during the campaign! So the more people who support the project, the more goals get unlocked, the more value we can squeeze in for all you awesome backers, and the bigger the box we're going to need!  

10880b42be4d37b2ca885a8390af5fd1_origina

Optional purchases are also available to backers during the campaign. Simply increase your pledge amount by the amount stated. After the Kickstarter campaign ends, you will be able to select your options via our pledge management system.

Malformation of G - Stage 5 is absolutely huge... Malformation of G - Stage 5 is absolutely huge...

The Malformations of G expansion contains four highly detailed models for the extra mutations of Dr William Birkin, along with rules and behaviour cards for each of these boss models. Also included are updated scenarios and tiles for the core game and The B-Files expansion, allowing players to encounter these deadly enemies as part of their games—plus a brand-new scenario for the final showdown with the massive Birkin Stage 5 mutation!

2f1f941212e3ced6cf345b677fe1fcb4_origina

The Retro Pack is for the old-school Resident Evil™ fans out there, recreating the artwork and style for each of the item, enemy, and character cards to appear as they did in the classic video game. It also includes a series of additional iconic tiles and scenarios to further expand your play experience. If you’re a series veteran who played the game the first time around and want to indulge your nostalgia for the good old days, then this expansion is definitely for you!

251afc8f14b1fe2a50b56ab94dcd4627_origina

dbedc3bcd738e790a2720065a19ce8e7_origina

Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game combines intense resource management and an innovative Tension Deck mechanic to create an enthralling experience for veterans and new players alike. With world-class miniatures that are faithful to the original in every detail, this game will capture the essence of the classic genre-defining Resident Evil™ 2 video game.

To survive the nightmare, players must explore dangerous and foreboding places for clues, equipment, and weapons that are critical to staying alive. Unusual sounds or barely glimpsed movement could hint at disaster. The Tension Deck forces players to carefully consider traveling through each area—and whether they can afford to avoid it altogether.

The Player Characters: Ada Wong, Leon S Kennedy, Claire Redfield and Robert Kendo The Player Characters: Ada Wong, Leon S Kennedy, Claire Redfield and Robert Kendo

With precious few bullets and recovery items, every step into the unknown presents a difficult decision. Do you dare explore that darkened room? Can you afford to face your enemies head-on? Putting a bullet into an enemy isn't always the only way to survive!

1c2e6ce542ee40cebdd74ad4b7675f1a_origina

Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game is a fully cooperative experience. If even a single character dies, the scenario is lost, meaning players must work together in order to succeed. Each character has distinct special rules based on their personality and background which must be used to aid their allies over the course of the game.

A swarm of zombies surrounding the 3rd Mutation of William Birkin A swarm of zombies surrounding the 3rd Mutation of William Birkin

Whilst players can see some enemies and know how to plan ahead, what lurks behind each door is completely unknown. Remember, if one character dies, then it's game over for everyone, so pay careful attention to each shadowy corner! What will you do if a player is ambushed by a horde of zombies?

Edited by SamuraiJack
1 person likes this

I kind of want a random jump scare mechanic in this one..... How about some sort of buckaroo analogue that launches some zombie dogs or a licker at the players at some random point in the game

(if steamforge is reading feel free to take the idea and run with it,  no payment nessesary

1 person likes this

Man that video was soooo intense!!!  I think they convinced me to hop on already!

3 people like this

I just watched Resident Evil the last chapter and...oh boy. I suggest you save yourself the time.

Tastes vary on Resident Evil.  My wife had big eyes when I told her there was going to be a boardgame today at lunch.  I'll send her the link when the Kickstarter launches and she'll have to make her willsave roll.  I don't mind painting it for her, but I'm probably not going to be the biggest fan of it like she will be.  That's ok.  She doesn't like all the things I like either.

1 person likes this

Launch is 9/25

b2d2fdd1-f93f-4605-b40e-25dab001a9bf.jpg

licker.png?format=1000w

1 person likes this

Curious to see the price but I will most likely pass.

1 person likes this

I cant say that I wouldn't be interested in the minis.  but just the minis...

1 person likes this

Live now.. first post updated and tags updated

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/621743078/the-goblin-king-miniatures-set

Text Link because picture is a bit too non-PG.

This is a miniature set featuring the Goblin King being carried around by his burly orc goons, as he flaunts his girls and his gold. The set fits well into any 28mm heroic to 32mm fantasy miniature setting. This set can be easily be the center piece to any goblin army.

• By ThirstyBob

Wow I feel really outclassed here but I've gotta start somewhere...
      Painted these for a friend's birthday, it was several months past his birthday when I finished, lol. Unfortunately before I could properly finish he had to move so I had to rush and couldn't do as much as I'd like. A lot of bases remained unpainted, and some touch ups on some of the skintones that I was planning on doing after had to be left as they were.
      Not sure how many I can fit before it starts flagging me as spam so I'm just gonna show a photo of all of them, and then some of the monsters. They're the ones I'm most satisfied with.

Blood Rage Base Game all painted minis

Fire Giant

Ice Giant
      Troll

• By kacey3
      Currently on Kickstarter for the next two days!

I got in on the original release of this game and it is very cool. It's like a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure board game. It is loosely scenario based, but there is a fair amount of randomness and replay-ability in each scenario. I have played the first scenario four times and have yet to win, but had an entirely different experience each time. The most interesting thing to me is the action/health/timing mechanic. There is a serious economy of action in the game and if you aren't very careful with your choices, you will definiltey die on the continent.

Sadly, the production costs on the game are astronomical. At over 1,600 cards, they have said that they will likely never make it to full retail, so apart from this KS and potentially further private sale, we may never see it again. This KS is running until Thu, October 19 2017. 
    • By Darsc Zacal

I'm not familiar with this company, and this project is a relaunching of a previously aborted kickstarter, but I thought the ideas for ship and the trees looked particularly interesting.

• By SamuraiJack

About this project

Trash Runners
      Their glamorous mission? Delivering precious tons of household refuse across the barren earth of outworld.
      Form up your posse for adventure as you head across the desolate wastelands. Face down rival gangs trying to steal your cargo, barbaric tribes defending ancestral hunting grounds, anarchic revolutionaries raging against the machine and crazed enforcers wielding deadly judgement.
      This is the world of Factious Waste, a cinematic tabletop skirmish game which blends strategy with narrative roleplay. Factious Waste is set in a near-future dystopia, drawing on the traditions of classic comics and action movies from the 80s and giving them a twist for the 21st century.
      Natural resources have run dry, industry has collapsed, global borders have been shaken by forced migration. The world is divided between the tiny but affluent inworld, comfortable home of the tech-elite, and the brutal wastelands of outworld. Outworld is controlled by two powerful entities- GenPower, the corporation holding the monopoly on electrical production, and the ReFrat, mobsters who handle the dirty but essential task of waste management and recycling. Caught in the midst of their struggle for superiority are the NeoPrimitives, tribes fighting to protect a natural world which has long since given up the ghost. Revolutionary Luddites are former slaves from the treadmills of GenPower, now attempting to bring down the corporation and liberate their fellow workers. Artisan Collectives scour the desert wastes for rare materials to make bespoke goods for the inworld market and exiled former cyber-cops vent their deranged notions of law on the hapless wastelanders. Through the chaos ride the Trash Runners, vying amongst one another for the most lucrative contracts, hauling the refuse of inworld back for reprocessing and hunting for undiscovered treasures buried deep in the wastes.

Following previous successful Kickstarters with The Woods and Legends of British Steampunk, Oakbound are returning to bring you Factious Waste, the second of Oakbound's settings to run off the SystemMech game system. Factious Waste is the world the rules were designed for back in 2014. Since then we have been playtesting and refining and are finally ready to launch this cinematic sandbox skirmish. Players build their own posses of up to 12 figures which grow, gain skills, equipment, injuries and character traits, control territories and fulfil contracts over a series of games.
      A scrap convoy heads out across the desolate red deserts of outworld.
      SystemMech is Oakbound Studio’s narrative miniatures roleplay system. The rules for SystemMech are the same whether your games take place in the depths of space, a realm of high fantasy or across a gritty, post-apocalyptic landscape. The MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Tell a good story! As a skirmish-scale tabletop miniatures game, SystemMech is unique in two respects. Firstly it uses no dice rolls or decks of cards. The element of uncertainty in the game lies in the way players’ models interact together. Secondly and more importantly, SystemMech is designed for playing out encounters on the tabletop which are not a simple matter of ‘smash and grab’ or ‘fight to the death’. Combat is certainly an element, but subterfuge, coercion and exploration of the game environment are just as (if not more) important than killing off the opposition.
      Simple concepts: The principles of the game fit on a couple of pages. Characters have six core statistics which combine to affect the outcome of their actions. Characters with high Decisiveness activate before those with a lower value and models can perform a number of actions during their activation equal to their Stamina rating. Models can target actions at elements they can perceive- dictated by their Perception range and a Field of Vision template aligned with their base.
      Flexible action: The majority of the rules section is made up of six action tables: Movement, Relational (interaction with environment and other models), Shooting, Grappling, Driving and Reacting to the actions of other models. This allows characters to do anything from jumping between buildings to programming machinery, interrogating enemy models to high speed car chases. All in a concise and easy-to-reference format. We've even produced a super-slim reference booklet so you don't need to carry the large book around with you.
      Strategy and Narrative: With twenty five scenarios included in the rulebook, a strong emphasis on objectives and a comprehensive campaign system Factious Waste instinctively plays out as an engrossing narrative. Because there are no dice rolls involved players have to work their posses to their characters' strengths and plan their strategy carefully. With combat only one element of the game the stealth, leadership and charisma of your characters all play a crucial role in achieving your objectives.
      Fast-paced gaming: A Factious Waste scenario typically takes between 1 and 1.5 hours, allowing a short 3-scenario narrative to be played in an evening. Games usually take place on a 3' square board so can be played where space is at a premium. Posse creation is simple 3-step process and the War for 1984 and Faction Packs come with pre-generated  posses allowing you to get started right away.
      A mid-game car crash results in a spectacular pile-up. Converted toy vehicles and Games Workshop miniatures joined official Factious Waste figures for this skirmish.

Oakbound's miniatures are hand-sculpted and cast in metal from vulcanised rubber moulds in the finest traditions of the hobby. The Factious Waste miniatures are cast in hard, lead-free white metal which allows the finest details of the figures to come out clean and crisp.
      The average size of these models is 30mm from the sole of the foot to the top of the head, allowing them to fit with both old school '28mm heroic' and more modern 30-35mm miniatures. We appreciate that there are an enormous array of games available (we play a lot ourselves) and want these models to be as compatible as possible with other ranges so whether you're playing Rogue Trader or Infinity, original or new Necromunda you will be able to fit these models into your games.
      Each of the Faction Packs have been put together to give you a particular 'flavour'- boiler suited workers, native wastelanders, pulp mobsters and armoured enforcers.
       A small, mixed-faction posse heads off on a mission.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)