Welcome to our community! 

Your work is stunning, especially for being only your second mini!  Your brush control is excellent and your use of highlighting and shadows looks great!  Well done! 

• Like 2

Good lord that's only the second you've ever painted?! Sheesh it's awesome - seriously.

A drybrush might be nice, and if you have it, I would say the Ghost White reaper colour - it's a beautiful blue/white great for ice and ethereal stuffs imo

Another thing I might suggest, if you have it, as well of course, is a light blue wash on the white cloth. You don't have to! but I think it might look nice too.

Anyway awesome job!

• Like 2

WELCOME ABOARD! Have a FUN filled stay.

You are a natural. You have a deft hand with the brush & an eye for color. Disregarding how very few minis you have done, OUTSTANDING WORK!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Guildenstern said:

Good lord that's only the second you've ever painted?! Sheesh it's awesome - seriously.

A drybrush might be nice, and if you have it, I would say the Ghost White reaper colour - it's a beautiful blue/white great for ice and ethereal stuffs imo

Another thing I might suggest, if you have it, as well of course, is a light blue wash on the white cloth. You don't have to! but I think it might look nice too.

Anyway awesome job!

Thanks!! Yeah I'm definitely going to hit it with another round of drybrushing on the bumps of his back. I'll check out that color, I was just use titanium white cuz it's all I had on me. I washed the whole thing with nuln oil because that's the only wash I had/have at the time. But I'll look into getting some other washes as well. Thanks for the suggestions :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SGHawkins09
      Here are the pictures of the Grudge all finished. While there were times that I hated how things looked, in the end I am extremely happy with how he turned out.

WIP: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81903-the-grudge-30014/

• By Rat13
      I've made no secret about my opinions on Games Workshop. Though my painting box is full of their miniatures they were always bought second and sometimes third hand (I never wanted GW to get any of my money). Even my previous Cadians were bought from my local games store that has no affiliation with GW (I also know those sets and blisters came with the business when it was bought almost twenty years ago). Now I find myself in the unique position of building a Cadian army.

My wife and I used to play weekly in D&D Adventure League but with the birth of our first child it looks like that won't be possible (We want to continue gaming at our current store but its a bit of drive and the kid is at the rolling stage so she doesn't want to be held or sit in her seat; she wants to be on the floor and we all know what gameshop floors are like). I've offered to watch the child so she can go or to switch off each week but she only wants to go together. Gaming together has always been part of our relationship, and she doesn't want to lose that. I couldn't agree more, its good to share a hobby with your spouse.

That's when our friends started trying to recruit us to play Warhammer 40K with them. At first I was resistant but our friends get together often to play and in our area its always possible to find a game (Depending on the size it can be played fairly quickly in comparison to D&D too). After some discussion we decided 40K would give me something to paint, but it would also give us both something to play and eventually something to play together.

Which brings us to this new project. Since I figured watching me assemble miniatures would be pretty boring I'm starting this thread right before I prime them. So here is most of my assembled starter set (I've got quite a few cheap sets of bits arriving over the next couple weeks and I'm not exactly sure what unit I'd like to create next so that's why I have so many unfinished figures).

I'm still not a big fan of GW but having an excuse to see our friends more often is pretty nice. In a way we're kinda trading one gaming group for another (that sounds pretty mean but I think you understand what I'm saying).
    • By tombwalker
      Never did get round to finishing his base.  Was needed for a campaign.

• By HolkDiggity
      Hey there!

This is my first post-ReaperCon mini, and I'm using her to practice the various techniques that I learned in various classes. I'll be posting stages along the way, and feedback is very much appreciated!

For starters, I've gotten most of the base coats down, and the first thing I practiced was two brush blending on her orange cloak.

My plan is to do a bit of freehand along the trim in the light orange of the front skirt, and then use the same trim along the skirt in the dark orange of the cloak. It makes sense in my head, anyway!

The chest armor is done with the new Dungeon Dwellers color "Kobold Scale", and I love it. It's got a deep maroon/brown thing going on.

Thanks for looking!

• Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)