Welcome to our community! 

Your work is stunning, especially for being only your second mini!  Your brush control is excellent and your use of highlighting and shadows looks great!  Well done! 

• Like 2

Good lord that's only the second you've ever painted?! Sheesh it's awesome - seriously.

A drybrush might be nice, and if you have it, I would say the Ghost White reaper colour - it's a beautiful blue/white great for ice and ethereal stuffs imo

Another thing I might suggest, if you have it, as well of course, is a light blue wash on the white cloth. You don't have to! but I think it might look nice too.

Anyway awesome job!

• Like 2

WELCOME ABOARD! Have a FUN filled stay.

You are a natural. You have a deft hand with the brush & an eye for color. Disregarding how very few minis you have done, OUTSTANDING WORK!

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Guildenstern said:

Good lord that's only the second you've ever painted?! Sheesh it's awesome - seriously.

A drybrush might be nice, and if you have it, I would say the Ghost White reaper colour - it's a beautiful blue/white great for ice and ethereal stuffs imo

Another thing I might suggest, if you have it, as well of course, is a light blue wash on the white cloth. You don't have to! but I think it might look nice too.

Anyway awesome job!

Thanks!! Yeah I'm definitely going to hit it with another round of drybrushing on the bumps of his back. I'll check out that color, I was just use titanium white cuz it's all I had on me. I washed the whole thing with nuln oil because that's the only wash I had/have at the time. But I'll look into getting some other washes as well. Thanks for the suggestions :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DocPiske
      I’ve been running D&D games for 30 plus years and occasionally someone will ask to play a character with psionic abilities. I usually resist allowing this; I don’t want peanut butter in my chocolate. I view psionics as a science fiction component rather than fantasy, the theory that science fiction is a form of fantasy not withstanding. I generally prefer my fantasy to focus on magic and medieval European settings, and leave other historical cultures, aliens or technology out. Over the years I’ve mellowed and come to accept that players just want to enjoy the fantasy of taking on a role they do not (or cannot) partake of in real life. So I’ve come to accept ninja, psion or steam punk peanut butter in my European medieval fantasy chocolate.

A bit more than fifteen years ago I ran a D&D 3e game set in the Diablo 2 video game world of Sanctuary, using setting and adventure supplements published by Wizards of the Coast. Included in the setting book were rules for the Diablo 2 character classes. I allowed a mix of D&D and D2 characters, but required the player to chose either the D&D spell system or the D2 spell point system, choosing spells from only from the appropriate list. One of the players chose the D2 Necromancer and used the Diablo 2 spell list and spell point system.

This player was a bit of a power gamer and focused on how to maximize the spell point pool, basically never running out of spell points. The character was able to always contribute in a meaningful was to every encounter. I’ve never been a fan of the 15-minute adventure day, so I usually enforce travel time and backtracking, with the commiserate chance for creatures rising the alarm, ambuscades or random encounters. The spell point pool this character had helped this character be less of an liability in these circumstances, but for large or long fights resource management was still important. I was struck by how the spell point system and the psionic power point system were the same, just using different wrappers (terminology).

After the end of that campaign we were looking for a new setting, and the magazines Dragon, Dungeon and Polyhedron did a cross over adventure called “Incursion!”, featuring Githyanki invaders. It was a precursor to the modern Adventure Paths, and it included psionics. After having run a spell point system in the D2 campaign I was more open to psionics and bought the psionics handbook. Some of players had their characters take levels in psionic classes, and it worked out fine for most.

The same player that played the necromancer wanted to play a Psion, and was keen on creating new powers. His approach was with psionics anything that one could think of could be accomplished with the mind, as opposed to magic which was limited by codified spells, rules and tradition, and relied on an outside source of power. My approach was that both systems use intellect or force of personality to access and control another source of power; the mind is not powerful enough to affect the world directly. We clashed a bit as I was using existing powers to set the power level and point cost of new powers and he wanted to create custom powers with specific effects, so limited in application that he felt the level and point cost should be lower. He was of the opinion that psionics should not be limited, essentially viewing psionics as superior to magic in every way. My concern was that if psionics were always the “better choice”, why would anyone ever play a spell-caster?

Around the time we were finishing that campaign, D&D 4e came out and we switched over to that system. I won’t go into my opinion of 4th edition here other than to say I think it is a fine game system, just not D&D. The new daily, encounter and at-will power system precluded spell or power points and I gradually returned to my dim view of psionics. I’m of the general opinion that there is no need for competing power systems in the same game, such as spell points as opposed to spell slots, or psionics to magic. It is difficult if not impossible to balance to power systems across 20 plus character levels. Melee combat and magic systems are difficult enough, but adding another system will only make it even more difficult.

The Vancian spell system has serious flaws, but its history and well established structure provides built in limitations and guidelines on creating new spells. That same structure is not unjustifiably viewed as restrictive by some, but inserting another, subjectively “better” system will imbalance the overall game even more. If and when psionics are added to 5e, I hope they reconsider power points and stick with a Vancian system. Or rewrite magic with spell points. Keep the peanut butter and chocolate separate. Sorry fans of Reeeses Peanut Butter Cups.
    • By Chris Palmer
         Even though I got these during last year's 12 Days of Reaper, I only just got around to painting them! 

I tried an experiment with these; painting them first with special Chrome spray paint, and then using Citadel gemstone transparent paints on them: Spiritstone Red, Soulstone Blue, and Waystone Green, in an attempt to given them that lacquered mirror look that real ornaments have.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.
         In the second photo, they are shown with Copplestone's "Lovely Assistant" to give a sense of scale with a normal sized human figure.

• By Ash Adler
      After almost a month of working on it, I finally managed to finish this one.  Whew! It was fun to try to push myself further with blending colors using glazing (and the sheer cloth look turned out decent, too), but I really underestimated how much trouble it'd be when I started on it.

As usual, more pictures and my thought process are on my blog: link

I could've done with a bit more red glazing on the front of the skirt, but otherwise, I'm rather pleased with the results that I got from the parts that I really put effort into (I took the lazy way out on some parts towards the end because I was ready to just be done with it so that I could move on to something new ).  The jump in the color on the hair where I did a second ink wash with purple is very stark in the photo, but I think that it's one of those things that doesn't look nearly as bad in reality.

I'm also pleased that I figured out a better way of lighting my photos, even if it helps show off my mistakes more clearly

C&C welcome
    • By CaptMini
      I've only been at this a little over a month and am totally addicted! Went for the glowing eyes here and botched it -- Don't know how you expert painters paint son damn small!

• By aku-chan

Terezinzya stared with disdain at the end of her sleeve, now wet and slimy after being dragged through the flooded passage, it was bad enough when Goblins stole the other sleeve, but now her costume was ruined.
      She looked over at her companions, dressed in their sensible but drab outfits, maybe they had the right idea all along?
      No, just because she had dropped out of fashion school to go adventuring didn't mean she had to give up being stylish. Next time they set up camp she'd sketch some new ideas, but perhaps with less long flowing parts...

It's been far too long since I've painted a Reaper mini, and I'd forgotten how much fun they were to paint!
      Sadly, my poor photography skills make it hard to see all her little details, but there's more shots of her in my WIP thread here.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)