Sign in to follow this  
DocPiske

I'm an ogre! Ogres have layers...

For some reason, at first glance, I thought the threat title said "Ogres Have Lawyers."

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EightBitSquid
      I'm a pretty new painter this guy is my 20th or so miniature and is the first one i'm willing to brave showing off. Any creative criticism is not only accepted but is greatly appreciated, I've seen the beautiful pieces that people have done on here and aspire to be half as good! This is also my first post to the forum so I apologize in advance if I've misplaced anything. 

• By Guildenstern
      Here are two of the statues I finished for my Ruined Temple terrain piece. Bast spoilered so it'll be SFW as she's topless.
      I still need to put another coat of gloss over them, to protect them, but otherwise they're just waiting for the temple to fnish.

• By AntiMatter
      Here is a painted Ogre Guard done mainly in washes and glazes of Liquitex inks. I really liked this sculpt and Bobby gave the model some real character. The Bones model was also really solid. There was a strange bit of miscast on the skull on the front of his belt so I made it into a jelly bowl for some squashed hobbit jelly.

• By 72moonglum
      Hi all and happy new year!

Here are two figures I recently finished that Ral Partha has re-released, a ranger and a female fighter.  The ranger was sculpted by Jim Johnson and the fighter was Bob Olley.  Fun figures to paint, kind of bulky and a larger scale than the old Partha stuff I'm usually working on.

and just for fun, I took a close up of the lady's face, because it always seems to happen that when a character has something raised over his head, the detail becomes smaller because your picture is so much higher:

Anyhow, really enjoyed painting these figures, loads of fun, full of personality and a good hefty size.  And they're metal, which is another plus for me!

• By londwch
      Okay so I dug around in the drawer and pulled out six unpainted bones that I got in my batch that I bought.

I gave them all a thorough scrub with a brush and warm soapy water and a toothbrush.  The ogre needed straightening up so I poured hot water over to readjust and then under cold to set.

I attached all six using superglue to fender washer bases.  I got this tip on you tube and have been sticking to it since I started this process.  They are running out so I will look for an alternative afterwards.  But these are good and solid and make a good base.

So now I have to decide which figure to work on....

I have not primed any and up until now I have primed using "151" matt black spray paint.  I did not know exactly what to use so I tried this when I began.   

I did pick up slightly after the photo and start to apply some blue to the Anhurian soldier using the same blue I mixed for a figure I was painting late last night.  But without primer it did not seem to want to settle very well.

The two figures I have seen painted are by Doctor Faust ; the hell hound and the ogre.   

Any comments/suggestions or generally helpful advice is gratefully welcomed.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)