robsontpm

Bones 3
Behir / Chinese Dragon

14 posts in this topic

As this is your first post;  welcome to your forums!

i don't think any apologies are necessary; that  dragon is beautiful!  I love the bold use of color.

1 person likes this

As I always love Chinese dragons, I love this one, too :-D

Good work. I like the lively colours and the eye. It looks quite real.

Good work

Wow, that came out really nice! 

Check out the forum contest: 

This looks really good. The vibrant colours really make it "pop"

Awesome 

Welcome to the Forum!

Have fun!

Very good job on the Dragon/Behir!

Wow.. A stunning first post indeed.. I feel that we'll be seeing more of your excellent work in the very near future.. I do hope we do ^_^

Welcome on board.. Enjoy the ride!

I love the colours!  Welcome to our corner of the interwebs and enjoy your stay!

Thank you all! This gives a boost to my motivation for more painting! :)

Welcome. As others have said: I really like the vibrant colors and the base is awesome. Unfortunately didn't get that expansion (because of money), but that was one of the minis I really wanted (so I'll get it retail, I guess).

That is a LOT of amazing colours! It looks really beautiful! Great job! 

You did a fantastic job on this piece; great work!

Welcome to the forum.::):

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MonsterSlayer
      I have been away from painting and these boards for a while.

I recently got back into painting and started with some of the bones 3 ogres. I made a rookie mistake with bad lighting and decided they had to go in the Simple Green bath.

The ones that I based coated with brown cleaned fairly well.The armored ogres had Vallejo Coal Black and the stuff will not come off after 36 hours.That is not even a primer, just black model paint.

So has anyone had this problem? Do I need to step up the cleaning solution to acetone free nail polish remover? Brake fluid? Has anyone tried nail polish remover or brake fluid on the Bones? how does the plastic react?
    • By Cyradis
      Congratulations, you have found the thread for posting your completed Random Rainbow Dragon!! The original quest can be seen here: 

Please provide a link to your Show Off Thread (which should include the model # you chose in its tags), a link to the Work in Progress thread, a brief statement of what colors you rolled, a statement of what dragon you painted (for search purposes), and photos of your lovely dragon. 

The Mods may make grumpy faces and remove chatter-posts from this thread. For chatter, please go to the original quest thread. 

You receive +5000 experience, +3 to skill Crafting (Mini Painting), and over 9000 Internet Points (redeemable whenever, wherever, for bragging rights on the internet) for completing this quest. 

Thank you for your participation. May our flock of dragons fly together forever in the pixels of this thread! 
    • By bojesphob
      I didn't have time to take better photos of this, too much going on recently to break out the DSLR, so I just used my phone camera. Not entirely enthused about the pics, but the mini itself was a BLAST to paint - probably my favorite non-dragon/large monster I've painted up so far! Once I got the color scheme thought through, I actually painted it up rather quickly. Tried a few new techniques on the stones on the base to make them seem a little more polished, which in person really stands out well :) Critiques?

• By Maledrakh
      The scenery from The Bones 3: Mythos Expansion

77525 Great Obelisk.
      I have tried to vary the tones on the greys used here, on the obelisk itself and not just the cephalopod on top. It really does not show up too well in the pictures.

77523 Cthulhu Shrine
      A statue that causes sanity loss. As above, I trued to vary the tones,mostly with different coloured glazes. And they do not really show up in the pictures here either.

This does not seem to have a code nor a name (yet). It is also from the Bones 3 Mythos Expansion.
      I will call it the Cultists Altar.
    • By jonaas33
      Painted this guy last weekend.  Highlighting is still a problem for me, but I still like the way he turned out.  I plan on touching up a lot of the paint next weekend, and eventually going over the parchment again to update the writing, but for now it will do.  Any tips on doing small runes or letters would be appreciated.  Thanks as always!

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)