Beautiful colour choices, magnificent blending on flesh tones.

Excellent hair and shadow.  Okay, You knocked these figures out of the ball park !!

Applause on a terrific job !

Jay

• Like 1

I have all three of the minis from that pic. Didn't realize they were a set as I bought them all separately.

• Like 2

Two ral partha pirates and a larry elmore chick walk into a bar...(sorry, thought it was going to be a joke)

Great painting though, I alway enjoy ral partha models.

• Like 3

Thanks all! The skin tones all started out with tan skin and I did them all at the same time for the sake of efficiency. For the pirates, I wanted them to have some fairly bright colors, instead of drab browns and greys. 

The Old Ral Partha Folk painted up WONDERFULLY. Your color selection & brushwork are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

The Pirate Chick is the only one of the three I have done myself; that was quite a long time ago. It's good to see the Girl has stood up to the test of time so well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Old Ral Partha Folk painted up WONDERFULLY. Your color selection & brushwork are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

The Pirate Chick is the only one of the three I have done myself; that was quite a long time ago. It's good to see the Girl has stood up to the test of time so well.

Thanks Chaoswolf and Malefactus!  

You ought to show off your own version of the Pirate Chick, Malefactus!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By buglips*the*goblin
      So back in October 2017, the night before my first trip to Reapercon, I happened to be on eBay.ca and randomly stumbled across a Ral Partha Shadowrun Feathered Serpent listed by a seller located in Canada.  Being the more unusual all-metal variant, the vast majority of them being resin and Ralidium, it caught my interest.  Especially being in Canada, because eBay's global shipping program really ramps up shipping costs so it killed my ability to buy from US sellers except at dire need.  However, as I needed all of my hoarded money for ReaperCon and travel expenses, I couldn't buy it right then, so I added it to my watch list.  Then I went to ReaperCon and forgot all about it.

Shortly after I came back home, very exhausted, I fell asleep on my couch with the 1st Edition AD&D Dungeon Masters Guide on my face and woke up around 8 pm.  For some reason I felt compelled to check my email, and there was an "item ending soon" notice.  So, with 5 minutes to spare, I bought it. 

Now... my life is weird.  Not really super weird, it's just that for some reason my reality operates on the premise of "why do something normal when you can add a weird subplot?"   And so it is here, because I discovered that this all-metal beastie was made of lead.  I had heard of all-metal Feathered Serpents, but always assumed they were later lead-free production on account of Partha's resin experiment going drastically awry and being unpopular with customers.  I had never heard of a lead version, and if asked before getting one I would have guessed such a thing didn't exist.  So I had a mystery!

To solve this mystery, I needed information.  So I started at the first logical place - Lost Minis Wiki, hoping maybe there was a clue to be had.  Well, imagine my surprise when the Feathered Serpent there not only resembled mine... it actually WAS mine!  The very casting I had in my hands! 

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Shadowrun_(Ral_Partha)#10-861

So!  Since this creature is presently recorded for posterity as the exemplar on what is currently one of the top resources for old miniatures, and as I am never one to turn away from a weird and convoluted tale, I decided that its long-overdue transition from box to beautiful should also be recorded for posterity.  So here we are, and here we go!

• By 72moonglum
      So here is another one in my little series of old and new. I was actually going to post this yesterday as well, but I didn't have a good front shot.

So this is a Grenadier Elf or Half Elf fighter, from their twenty-piece woodlands adventure box.  I painted this figure way back in the eighties to be one of my player characters Renny back in the day when we played D&D at Star Realm in Omaha. Back then there was a buy named Bill if I remember correctly from Offutt who was our DM, another guy, I think Roy, and then another random assortment of teenagers.

and a shot from behind, where you'll see there's lots of grass stuck to the base. I think I just didn't wait long enough for his sealant on the base to dry before I stuck him into the grass. I always paint the base black again and then seal, because I will have ultimately made a mess all over the base while painting it.  Not too worried though, these are being painted just for fun. 

and here's the front shot I was missing yesterday, where you can see a bit of difference in the shield and face:

and then just some shots of them in the same photo:

So there you have them, a small journey into my adolescent past, up to my current almost 50 year old self, who as per my beautiful wife, is still probably somehow stuck back in the past with my fascination for "muñequitos".  Like I mentioned in my previous posts I've got a few more of these yet to be started, that I'll probably do when I'm "between projects". 
      Anyhoos, enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      So I started a little project in which I have five or six figures, old Grenadiers, that I painted when I was a teenager in the eighties.  I found new copies of them and have started doing comparative paint jobs, ones from the eighties and my new job from 2017.  I did my first one, Frito the thief:  

and now I'm doing one for a Grenadier thief mage, which I think came in one of their old Grenadier paint kits.

So here is the version from this century:

to compare him against my original version, painted somewhere between 1980-1986:

and then here they are together:

In this particular figure I tried to use mostly the same color scheme, with a few exceptions.  I changed the color of the flame and tried to create a "vial" hanging on his belt, which I don't know how well it worked, but it's kind of my first attempt at liquids and bottles.  With his dart bandolier on his bicep, I gave that a bit of color too.  

Anyhow, enjoy, I'll have another one done tomorrow, and a few more in the wings, a monk, cleric, and a wererat at the very least...
    • By 72moonglum
      So here's an old Hackmaster figure that Jim Johnson sculpted quite a many years ago. I really like it a lot, gives me the feeling with the pick axe of somebody going into a cave for an adventure.  I kind of wonder about the shield, as it kind of reminds me of a submarine door, but ultimately it's a pretty cool part of the figure as well.

Ral Partha just re-released it with a bunch of other old Hackmaster figures as well!

• Who's Online   41 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)