16 posts in this topic

All of them are really nicely done!

1 person likes this

Beautiful colour choices, magnificent blending on flesh tones.

Excellent hair and shadow.  Okay, You knocked these figures out of the ball park !!

Applause on a terrific job !

Jay

1 person likes this

I have all three of the minis from that pic. Didn't realize they were a set as I bought them all separately.

2 people like this

Two ral partha pirates and a larry elmore chick walk into a bar...(sorry, thought it was going to be a joke)

Great painting though, I alway enjoy ral partha models.

3 people like this

Well done!

Love these!

1 person likes this

Really like those. Great colours and blending!

1 person likes this

Excellent skin tones.. Great minis all of them. Kudos!

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Excellent skin tones.. Great minis all of them. Kudos!

Exactly what I was going to say. Skin is beautiful.

2 people like this

Thanks all! The skin tones all started out with tan skin and I did them all at the same time for the sake of efficiency. For the pirates, I wanted them to have some fairly bright colors, instead of drab browns and greys. 

Excellent work on all three of them!

1 person likes this

The Old Ral Partha Folk painted up WONDERFULLY. Your color selection & brushwork are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

The Pirate Chick is the only one of the three I have done myself; that was quite a long time ago. It's good to see the Girl has stood up to the test of time so well.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Old Ral Partha Folk painted up WONDERFULLY. Your color selection & brushwork are OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

The Pirate Chick is the only one of the three I have done myself; that was quite a long time ago. It's good to see the Girl has stood up to the test of time so well.

Thanks Chaoswolf and Malefactus!  

You ought to show off your own version of the Pirate Chick, Malefactus!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So I was feeling a bit nostalgic, alongside of the affection I already hold for old school miniatures, so I've decided to begin "repainting" some old figures I'd done way back when, I'm going to say in 1983 or before/after. I graduated high school in 1986 and after that totally forgot about miniatures until maybe around 2004.

Anyhow, I've repainted Frito the Thief, a Grenadier model I had when I was young.  With the new version, I did have to resculpt the nose because it was flattened by time.  My other issue was whether I wanted to keep the same color scheme or do something different.  Ultimately I stayed very similiarly with the clothing color scheme, but ended up changing the skin tone and hair color.  I kept an orange turban, but ended up muting the color a tad.  So here's the modern version:

and now the original version, painted sometime in the eighties:

and then a few side by side comparisons:

So what do you think, any progress over the last thirty- odd years? I've got a bunch of these that  I think I'm going to do as time permits.  They really are some very fun miniatures to paint.  The proportions aren't perfect, but they really do have lots of personality!
    • By KruleBear
      Hajad is another sacrife to the toy box level painting (ie. ignore moldlines and any advanced techniques) in my quest to find the "right" zombie skin tone. This time based with 50/50 MSP Vampiric skin and VMC Basic Skin Tone. Covered with a wash of Army Painters blacker colored Dark Tone Ink. This is getting closer to what I want and might be right on with a wash using a brown ink like Strong Tone. I am going to find another sacrificial mini to try a 50/50 mix of the vampiric skin with VMV Dark Fleshwith a brown wash. I think that will give me the grey undead color I want ith enough caucasian skin to look like a fresher conversion to the zombie lifestyle. 

I like this model, so will need to look at getting him in metal at some time. For now this one will be used as a ghost pirate in a Hero Kids adventure with my four year old.

Thoughts and comments greatly appreciated. 

• By Chaoswolf
      This is an old Ral Partha 3 stage character; high level Cleric. I've got both the low level, and mid level ones around here somewhere; I need to dig them out and paint them, too.

My usual tabletop paint job, I hope you like it.

• By Chaoswolf
      This is an old Ral Partha female fighter; she is part of a 2 figure set with a male figure dressed and armed in the same fashion. (He is still on the workbench awaiting a few finishing touches)

I hope you like her.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)