aku-chan

Roberto Vendetta - Halfling Hitman

"My service years in the Imperial Guard provided me with all the necessary knowledge and skills to make my fortune in the real world."

I really love him. Great work! You did a very good job on the face!

• Like 4

The Little Mobster is UBERCOOL & BEAUTIFULLY  painted & based. He reminds me of the Gustapo Agent from Raiders of the Lost Ark...a short version. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

A cyber halfling with a sniper ... whatever-that-is?

Brilliant!

Nice work on his linen suit and matching Panama hat.

• Like 3

This is great! I love that his equipment is so much bigger than he is! His pants look.... uncomfortable? Like there is elastic pulling up at the crotch. I think that is part of the sculpt though, you painted him very well! 

• Like 3

My my.. This is so good I fear I may not be able to proporly praise it.. The color of the suit is just incredible! Shading yellow is always a challenge for me.. Even more so than red tbh.. And the metallics on the gun are just right..

Two thumbs up!

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      I've never been much of a fan of GW.  I mean the first fig I ever painted was GW, but that's because my friend (who was also the store owner) gave it to me for free (Come on, try it, the first one's free....).
      And I played some Bloodbowl back in the day (should really finish my Chaos Dwarf team one of these days...only been a decade or two).
      But I never really got into anything GW was making. Style wasn't what I was looking for, or the price point, or whatever.
      So then last week I was in Montreal for the GP (great time, too bad the race itself was soooooo boring). Was visiting a friend who lives up there and we wandered into the rather impressive GW store in the Eaton Centre.  Took a look around and caught sight of this:

Apparently a new edition of Age of Sigmar is coming out this week, and these guys are a faction.  Or whatever the different groups are called.
      I thought, "Those are pretty cool!  Flying stuff.  Steampunky.  I like."

Then we left.  And I went and marshaled for 3 days (the support races were better, btw).
      Then we met back up on Monday.  And I was still thinking about the cool steampunky flying ships.  So we went back and I picked up the starter. (they have 2 bigger flying ships too, but ouch, not cheap).

So, this is what they look like when you open the box:

Oye! Lots of bits.  Looks like everything has options (they have a very detailed assembly guide, quite impressive).  Options that presumably follow rules.  Rules I'm not sure I'll ever read, let alone play. 
      But I may check with the local store; I think they had some folks playing something GW.

So that's all I've done with them so far, but figured I'd post and get the WIP started. These may take a bit to get going.

• By Darcstaar
      Here's another post.
      Hellakin languished on my shelf of shame for about 5 years.  He was intended as an entry into a forum contest for painting "little people."
      Life got in the way.  I recently decided to finish him, in a little bit of a rushed fashion.

He sat and sat at the basecoat stage.  I struggled with figuring out how to do his cloak black.
      I am not too happy with it.  It reads dark blue, as I'm trying to paint black without cycling up through gray, as you'll see here:

I'm more pleased with the gold nmm on the knife than the steel.
      But, I tried to really suggest he's in a dark area by the shadowed part of the blade remaining nearly black.
      Here are some more shots of him.

I'm pretty pleased with the hair color and face:

He's got a very intense stare.
      The eyebrows didn't please me very much.
      The base is a "hollow" round base with a circle of cobblestone patterned sheet styrene from a model railroad supply hobby shop that I painted up to give him a feeling of being in a dungeon.
      If I wanted to spend more time on him, I'd paint his toenails and fiddle more with the knife.  I originally had a thought to try to paint shadows and light on the base to make it seem like he's sneaking up on someone to backstab from the shadows.  I gave up on that ;)
      Overall, he fills a missing niche among my painted figures of an iconic halfling rogue.

C&C Welcome.
    • By Chaoswolf
      Dylan Blackzorn looked around at the engine room with an annoyed expression on his face. The raiders had caused a hell of a mess in there. A fair amount of damage, too from the looks of things. He signaled for the others with him to follow his lead; they needed to be sure there weren't any surprises waiting for them before they got to work bringing the various systems back online.

He flexed his fingers inside the energy glove on his left hand. In addition to being a great asset in the hand to hand combat they'd had to engage in with the raiders, it was also a powerful tool. With it, he'd be able to engage with the ship's engineering computer and ascertain what repairs were going to be necessary, as well as to dramatically shorten the time those repairs would take.

Time to get to it, he thought. The sooner they were out of this sector, the better.

He really does have a face, and it looks pretty decent in person....sigh.
      I'll have to go back and try to make it stand out a little more.
    • By Crowley
      After converting Ingrid to better match the character she's going to represent (giving her a bow and rapier), last night I got to painting.

I started with thinned down brown liner, then went straight to the eyes with Linen White. Surf Aqua was used for her irises, and brown liner for the pupil. I painted her flesh with a 2:1 Warrior Flesh: Linen White mix. Her hair is Blond Shadow with highlights of Tanned Leather. Her lower lip is a 1:1 blend of her flesh tone with Old West Rose.

The armor, gloves, boots were painted with a thinned Rich Leather. The bow and scabbard are painted with a mix of Brown Liner and Rich Leather. Her cloak was painted with Mountain Stone, and then washed with a 1:2:2 mix of Grey Liner: Mountain Stone: Flow Improver.

Because I want to bring her to game on Wednesday, and don’t think I’ll get any more time to work on her between now and then, I picked out the end of the scabbard and the tips of the bow with Dragon Bronze, and gave the base a quick wet brush of Redstone Shadow.

Not bad for a night's work...
    • By Lidless Eye
      My most recently complete project is the lovely ladies of Oathsworn Miniature's "Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3" Kickstarter.

As always, they are a joy to paint.  They have nice, bold details but without being overwrought.  They definitely look like a bunch of starting adventurers!  The theme this time was more exotic races, notably a bunch from "Volo's Guide to Monsters"

The ladies ascend the mountain:

The Kitsune.  She could be a lightly armored Fighter, a Rogue, or a Ranger.

The Kenku (or Tengu) Shaman.  Or Wizard.  Or Sorcerer.  Or whatever.  She's got a bone to pick with you!

The Kenku or Tengu Rogue.  I went with oranges for them to continue my previous work on the Bones Tengu...which were also dressed in orange to match the official D&D pre-paints.

The Dragonborn, could be a Fighter or Paladin.  The decision to make her red was regrettable...with that pointy face and dreads, I kept thinking of Ugandan Warrior Knuckles.  Stupid memes getting in the way!

Tabaxi or Catfolk.  I tried to go with more of a Ranger color scheme than the intended Rogue.

The other Tabaxi/Catfolk from the set.  I liked the intent of this sculpt...she could be a spellcaster, a Monk, or a Bard!

The Halfling Knight.  

Her mount was painted after my own painting gremlin, Hershey.  He would be much smaller to scale, though.

The Tiefling Paladin.  I really like the pose of this one, though I questioned the hooves, as 4E and 5E Tieflings of this design have human feet.  I may wind up greenstuffing her into boots at some point.

The Firbolg Druid.  As far as I know, this is the only miniature of a 5E style Firbolg.

The Minotaur Swashbuckler.  I bet you were expecting a cow joke here.

The terrain:

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)