Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
WIP Thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77998-3-color-challenge-on-lendil-blackroot/
Challenge Thread here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77990-cmpa-three-color-challenge/
I finished the painting on Lendil by adding some OSL. I found the purple hard to work with in terms of the effect. I wanted a brighter purple but the Royal Purple + Linen White didn't get nearly as vivid as I wanted. Instead, poor Lendil's staff is giving off a soft purple glow. It's fine, just not the final effect I was looking for. :)
I gave him a bit of a base. Just a couple of tufts and some mud. I need to start working on getting better at basing. I think that might be a thing for 2018.
My D&D group's cleric picked the torch and scythe wielding townsfolk from this pack: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/townsfolk/latest/03123
My D&D group's cleric is an herbalist cleric. He provides the.... healing... herbs. Medicinal use herbs. He's an exceedingly chipper and happy character, much to the annoyance of the emo necrobard.
But he uses a scythe, and decided to go with this figure. I don't like this figure. It has an ANGRY face. Super grumpy. All of the grump. Terrible choice for that character.
Player told me that I didn't have to go high on the detail with it, so I didn't do as much as my usual. I still practiced OSL and I tried to turn the frown upside-down. I think the result is that he now looks like a very happy mass murderer, instead of just generically pissed.
Anyway, rip it to shreds, lemme know what I can do better in the future. I didn't do the most exciting blending or layering or glazing by any stretch deliberately, though.
I also was using a different location for my camera and I didn't feel like getting a perfect setup, so stuff is crooked and I'm not going to go back and take more photos. *HARUMPH*.
Okay so I dug around in the drawer and pulled out six unpainted bones that I got in my batch that I bought.
I gave them all a thorough scrub with a brush and warm soapy water and a toothbrush. The ogre needed straightening up so I poured hot water over to readjust and then under cold to set.
I attached all six using superglue to fender washer bases. I got this tip on you tube and have been sticking to it since I started this process. They are running out so I will look for an alternative afterwards. But these are good and solid and make a good base.
So now I have to decide which figure to work on....
I have not primed any and up until now I have primed using "151" matt black spray paint. I did not know exactly what to use so I tried this when I began.
I did pick up slightly after the photo and start to apply some blue to the Anhurian soldier using the same blue I mixed for a figure I was painting late last night. But without primer it did not seem to want to settle very well.
The two figures I have seen painted are by Doctor Faust ; the hell hound and the ogre.
Any comments/suggestions or generally helpful advice is gratefully welcomed.
Okay gonna have another attempt at posting on here. This time I think I have found the right forum topic as last time I posted I think I may have put the pic in the wrong topic. I've tried to get the camera on a steady surface this time and snapped a goblin I just did while listening to my team lose 2-0 - so this kept my mind nicely elsewhere. I have tried to thin the paint a little this time and add a little highlight. I'm not too unhappy with this so I've jazzed up the base a little with some welsh slate and quarry dust again. It's not perfect but it's finished anyway.
Who's Online 7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)