• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NyarlaBcn
      All of the sculpts from the 25th anniversary miniatures were great. All of them amazingly painted. 
      But there was one of them which palette I didn't really liked... too much color :d
      So I painted my Dain Deepaxe with a sober palette. 

• By bailey03
      This past weekend I started painting Brom, the 54mm scale dwarf from Enigma. The sculpt has got a mix of equipment and, to be honest, I'm not even sure what all of it is. It gives him a lot of character, but presents some challenges with the painting. I've been putting a lot of thought into how I want to approach the piece and finally decided to pick a color scheme and let that tie the figure together.
      I started with the face. Considering most of it is hidden by the hair, the beard feels almost as important as the rest of the face.  I used a mix of Reaper's Ruddy Leather, Secret Weapon's Orange Rust, and Reaper's Burnt Orange and Fair Skin Highlight.  I find the light skin tones are nice for highlighting hair, I'd do the same with brown hair.  For the blood stained cloth on his head, I used a mix of Carnage Red and Walnut Brown.  I wanted it to be darker near the center, so more brown, and the moving to pure red near the boundaries.  I applied the red as a glaze over the white cloth to give it the right look.  Instead of using the well palette that I'd normally turn to for glazes, I ended up mixing them directly on my wet palette.  Normally that produces a mess, but I used a bit of paint and then added a bunch of matte medium (plus a little water).  The matte medium is thick, so it creates the right transparency without causing the glaze to flow all over the palette.  Then I then it down slightly with water for a consistency that's easier to paint with.  The effect is the same as a regular glaze, but since it's on the wet palette it's easier for me to mix paints and create different colored glazes.  It's also easy to vary the consistency/transparency by changing up the ratio of matte medium and paint.  So I can quickly make a section more opaque and another more transparent.  Not something I do for all glazes, for in situations like this it's a nice option to have in my tool kit.

And here's the full figure.  Still a lot left to paint!

• By Sae
      FANTASY FOOTBALL - Florence's Knights: Bretonans and Humans by Greebo Games
      The Bretonans miniatures look good for gaming: knights (one has something precious you could repurpose), town guards, and townsfolk.
      The Imperial team looks football only.
    • By ThirstyBob
      So taken a few pic of this guy as I was painting him, started out priming black airbrush pre shading white, then painted the whole thing in brown before changing my mind and going this direction.

That was the shadows and blending, then I did some yellow highlights on the back and mane, and detail on the face.

Not sure if I'm done, maybe a bit more blending on the stomach, I think it's showing a bit too much blue.

• Who's Online   34 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)