• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Smokestack
      This is a discussion on how magic would shape life in a magic rich world.

Eberron had some good ideas like magic carpet taxi and magical street lights.

So 1st I would say

Crops
      With spells like create Demi plane, you could have crops that crow all year long, are secure from bugs and raiders/ thieves, and have limited access to only those you want. Plus they don't take up valuable land that you can use to expand your city.... Plus the area is no longer limited by natural features or weather conditions. You could have tasty secure crops all year long.

Transportation
      Flying Cauldrons and brooms of flying. Wealthy noble children now have extreme sports involving personal conveyances. I can see drag races or just cruising around town in your pimped out flying ride...

Balls/parties
      Alter self can make your hair/clothes and even you look different. I can see shops dedicated to alteration magic.

Culture
      Prestidigitation can create objects that last for an hour and can heat and season them. So you could make food that tastes good and only lasts an hour that does not provide nourishment and thus does not make you fat. Noble Bulimics would find use for this...

Anyone one have any other thing that would fit here? What is your idea for a decadent magic based society?
    • By Ironhammer
      Right, so I finally decided to do a WiP on this guy, mainly in the hopes to get some good feedback on the painting process.  This will be one of my Reapercon (in the Open category, being as it is a scratchbuild). 

First off, some older pics going back a few months, showing where I started from.  I started by sculpting a few faces and picked one that I thought would do the job.  Then I built a basic armature, established a pose and then began fleshing it out.

I'm afraid I didn't get any more WiP shots of the sculpting after this, so on to the finished figure (pre painting that is).

Here is the final figure prior to painting, complete with scenic base.

And because I really would like to show off all the work that went into it, here are a lot of detail shots of the various elements.  The discarded helmet was a little bit of a trick, as I wanted it to actually be hollow.  I dealt with it by sculpting the basic shape on the end of another tool, then carefully pulling it off and carving out the face plate and widening the rest of the interior.  The backpack and pistol frame were stacked sheet styrene, with added details in greenstuff and wire.  The base was just a couple of cutup corks with greenstuff textured over it.

Next up is painting.  Digging around online for inspiration I came across this image, which is supposedly of a 1950s era US Navy pressure suit.  I liked the olive drab and beige combination (though I may skip the white helmet), and decided I would go with something similar, but with warmer colors. 

The palette I wound up choosing for the basic flight suit is below.  For some reason the special edition colors have become some of my favorites.  Carnival Purple was a special edition paint for Reapercon '13 (I think), and has become one of my go to colors for shadowing, while Pumpkin Orange has become another one of my mainstays. 

Here is the figure after the first round of painting.  I went in with the intention of giving the suit a much ruddier look that was the case in the prototype (hence the Pumpkin Orange), but tn the end the orange really dominated the palette (which doesn't really bother me, so long as the end result looks good), The figure was primarily bascoated with black primer, while the head was done in white.  I don't recall exactly how much time it took me to get from there to what you see below, but I think it was close to two hours or so.

Whatcha' think so far?  I've always been better with a hobby knife than a paint brush, and this year I'm really anxious to up my game a bit.  Any and all input is welcome!

• By Pochi
      After painting the dragon for the Paint Your Dragon Contest, I needed a "palette cleanser" before starting on the Jedi children minis for my grandkids' Christmas ornaments. They are even tinier than the dwarf so it was good for me to practice on a little mini again. Her eyes, especially her right one gave me fits. Other than that eye, I am pretty happy with her and she is just for play anyway.

I tried to really push my highlights on her. I think I am usually too conservative. This time, I may have overdone it but I like her and she was for practice so she'll stay this way most likely. I did a wash on her hair but it really knocked the highlights down so I re=highlighted.

Also, I realize once I saw the photos, she has a tiny bit of flock stuck to the front of her. I have tweezed that off but did not retake the photos as it didn't make that big of difference.

Any C&C is appreciated.

• By Generic Fighter
      So, I'm getting close to finishing up this Project. Also, my olde thread for this was from before the Great PhotoBucket Fiasco. So I'm redoing this thread using my new Imgur account! Behold my Bad Paint Jobs and Despair!! Or Not;)

First up the Ani-Pals!

Dog I

Dog III

Dog IV

Bare the Bear Companion

Dawg the Ranger, "Leader" of the Ani-Pals!

Sting the Pixie Rogue!

Salle Goblin Sorceress!

Kildrick the Dwarven Cleric!

Gonna post the rest in the next post so I don't hit Image Max Limits.

GF

• By aku-chan

Yet another Wolsung mini, this time it's the Dwarf Gardener, he's fully equipped to deal with any young'uns that stray on to his lawn.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, he's just so unusual!

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)