Inarah

Paint and Take show off

My husband and I run the Paint and Take table at a local convention, Recruits.  It's held at the high school, admission is free for all area students, games are child friendly, etc.  We get really good turnout.  The paint table is free for kids of all ages, even grownup kids, and it is funded entirely with donations.  All of the figures, all of the paint, water cups, brushes, etc come from the wonderful community we have here, from the internet, and from vendors.  It's typical for me to arrive early Saturday to set up and find one or more anonymous boxes of figures or paint waiting.  A couple of years ago at Reapercon folks helped fill a box with mouslings for me to give away.  I could not do this without the support I get from the painting and gaming community. 

So here is this year's class:

(BTW, if you got stuff in your Bones3 core that you do not want, find me at Reapercon, I will see it goes to a good cause)

36044314863_4e2d42fdfd.jpg

36456871100_b3d106437b.jpg

36044313813_153b0d4d05.jpg

36456872670_485e8dfbc4.jpg

36456872470_1537e99239.jpg

36682331782_cf3e93f434.jpg

I apologize to anyone having trouble loading this, it seems the forum software wants to make my replies into one giant post....

36018697524_34b54842a1.jpg

36682331652_4f2d683dde.jpg

36018696624_1c0dec1c17.jpg

• Like 17

Lots of nice paintjobs there. 

Looks like you may have managed to infect a few people with our special brand of insanity. ;-)

I see that one of the minis is Ali Sparrow, Female Cat Pirate by Dark Sword. 

Not exactly what I expect to see at a Paint & Take, so you've got some really nice patrons. 

As for the forum playing with your posts, that happens if you post them too quickly.

It's a change that was added in the upgrade of the forum. Posts posted within 15 minutes (or something like that)  of each other will automatically be merged if there's no interveening posts. 

• Like 1

Lots of budding talent there! ^_^

On 9/23/2017 at 1:05 PM, Gadgetman! said:

As for the forum playing with your posts, that happens if you post them too quickly.

It's a change that was added in the upgrade of the forum. Posts posted within 15 minutes (or something like that)  of each other will automatically be merged if there's no interveening posts. 

It's 3 minutes, actually, and only if no one else has posted in between.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments. That Ali Sparrow came from someone at Reapercon.  Figures in the Swag Bag aren't always everyone's cup of tea and I am happy to take them and redistribute them. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I've heard that there are people out there who doesn't like the DS anthros. Never actually met anyone like that, but...

(I keep 'Brave sir Robin, Scaredy cat' at the office... The number of people, even older men, who giggle at it... yeah... )

Someone definitely lucked out when they got to pick Ali Sparrow.

I hope you've send the wonderful people at DS a heads up or pictures.

• Like 1