TheAuldGrump

Live
Redshirts - Adventures In Absurdity

3 posts in this topic

Ending in four days - Redshirts: Adventures in Absurdity

e26dde372fb3d090cf68ca8a016284e4_origina

Sometimes the greatest adventure in space is simply surviving the orders of your captain. Redshirts brings laughs to your gaming table

Sounds like fun - I am in for $10 - with no real intent of ever running the beastie. ::P:

A short adventure series, covering levels 1 - 3.

• Mission 1: The Terrible Tacos: When Captain Ginny wakes up after a weekend bender with an intense craving for tacos, she decides to send her newly arrived recruits on their first mission. Unfortunately for the recruits, the local Taco Galaxy is under deadly new management.
  • Mission 2: The Cheaper Cleaner: Stuck in a surveillance mission around a dying star, first officer Laisse Faire decides to save a few credits and send the PCs to pick up his dry cleaning instead of paying for delivery. He's sure the quarantine around the planet won't be a problem. 
  • Mission 3: The Pirate Bonanza: When several important pieces of the ship's engine go missing, the PCs are sent shopping at the local space pirate flea market with a budget of $0 and the Captain expecting change back. Can the PCs get the ship back in working order or will they end up swabbing the decks of a pirate ship for the rest of their days?

You are the away team for an incompetent captain, on a less than stellar starship.

Reminds me more of the old SF classic(?) Quark than Star Trek...

The Auld Grump

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

That sounds AWESOME!

This is right down my alley. I'm already a fan of things like Red Dwarf, HGttG, Futurama and Paranoia.

Scifi hijinks seems so much easier to do than fantasy ones for some reason.

And thanks for that link for Quark. I've never heard of it, and already Red Dwarf seems like an homage to it.

Edited by Cranky Dog

Flashbacks to Space Quest... not that Red Dwarf wasn't also awesome. I think I'm in for a digital copy. Thanks for the heads-up!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kacey3
      Currently on Kickstarter for the next two days!

I got in on the original release of this game and it is very cool. It's like a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure board game. It is loosely scenario based, but there is a fair amount of randomness and replay-ability in each scenario. I have played the first scenario four times and have yet to win, but had an entirely different experience each time. The most interesting thing to me is the action/health/timing mechanic. There is a serious economy of action in the game and if you aren't very careful with your choices, you will definiltey die on the continent.

Sadly, the production costs on the game are astronomical. At over 1,600 cards, they have said that they will likely never make it to full retail, so apart from this KS and potentially further private sale, we may never see it again. This KS is running until Thu, October 19 2017. 
    • By Darsc Zacal

I'm not familiar with this company, and this project is a relaunching of a previously aborted kickstarter, but I thought the ideas for ship and the trees looked particularly interesting.

• By John Fiala
      So, here's one I tripped over on Kickstarter:

http://kck.st/2jgt2hT

Basically, someone's doing miniatures... which didn't really grab me, until I saw the one for Edgar Allen Poe.  I'm from Baltimore, so I have to get that one.  And there's an HP Lovecraft, and some other cool stuff.  What do others think?

• By Shogun
       The Deck of Many is a series of 5e reference cards for Monsters, NPCs, Conditions and Weapons.
      The Deck of Many is a tool used to assist Game Masters in their role-playing campaigns, freeing them from traditional reference books and allowing them to only bring the references they need. Each card features original artwork and easy to reference information. Should we be successful, all funds raised from this campaign will go towards producing the 4 decks and other campaign rewards.

Starting price: $16 for your choice of 1 deck including shipping to U.S & CAN

http://kck.st/2iXieoF

• By SamuraiJack

About this project
      The Third Android Collective.
      Welcome to the launch of The Third Android Collective.
      This campaign, if successful, will see the expansion of the Androids and Robots range of miniatures produced by Blind Beggar Miniatures,
      This Third Collective of Androids will see the extension of the 'Andy' Series, with a new selection of models which fulfil even more roles in society.
       The 'Andy' Series
      The 'Andy' Series are based on an original design first conceived and created by Andym Industries (the MK1).
      This original design was later acquired by the BB Corporation where further research and development saw this pattern evolve into a range of models with differing specifications.
      There are currently thirteen different models in production in the 'Andy' Series, This campaign will, hopefully, see the introduction of several more.
       The New Models
      The new models that the BB Corporation would like to put into production are shown here:

Please note that the MK 14 is a two-part miniature.
      The First and Second Collective miniatures..
      Here are the miniatures from the First and Second Collective campaigns.
      The Original Android Collective, featuring Mk's 1-7,
       The Second Android Collective, featuring Mk's 8-13 (and also includes 'Barker', the Android dog, not pictured).

The Pledge Levels.
      Take a look at the Pledge Levels on the right to see the options available for acquiring some 'Andy's of your own. You will also find the option of getting hold of some of the earlier models from the previous campaigns.
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)