Sirithiliel

77580: Ma'adrakar revamped

Wow!!! I've been hanging around painting forums long enough to be a bit inured to pretty stuff. Then every once in awhile something shows up that still makes me go wow. The eyes! Great job.

• Like 2

Damn that scale work must have been a challenge.  What you did with the wings is the best though.  They really set the model off.  Great job.

• Like 3

The composition of the scales on the body is just outstanding. Really matches your backstory well, like five dragons were blended together.

• Like 1

It's a Giant Reptilian Crazy Quilt...from HELL!

I LOVE what you have done with your choice of colors & your BEAUTIFUL brushwork shines. The base is WONDERFUL as well. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

And he's been shipped off to his temporary home, to wait there until ReaperCon. Here's hoping he arrives safely and without any warping or paint coming off!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By airviper
      Finally getting back in the game of painting and after finishing a PC for my current group I decided I just had to start working on Ma'al.  Here is the progress so far.

Blocking out the base color to start thinking. Goodbye Olive Green bottle, you had just enough to get through this. You can also see the back of the PC mini I painted for my group for scale.

Last work tonight was putting the base on two other heads to start ordering the colors around after highlighting up on the olive green section.

• By SparrowMarie
      Well, I'm finally doing it. I'm going to start painting Ma'al. I think I've gotten enough figured out with Mini Ma'al that I can start. At the very least I'm going to start prepping him for painting...that might take a while. Blue liner and mold line removal are first! Not going to boil him because I can live with the slight bend in the wing(maybe, we'll see how I feel before I liner that wing.) Probably won't post more pictures until after I've linered him. 

• By OneBoot
      For those of you unfamiliar with Goblin Painting Challenges, started by our very own @buglips*the*goblin, here is a link to the Kaladrax thread that started it all:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51269-kaladrax-in-seven-days-buglips-is-crazy-wip .

For this Challenge, I will be painting up Ma'al Drakar in 7 days, using no brushes larger than a size 0. 

The rules are posted below:

I will be starting my Challenge at 1:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time on August 2nd 2017 (link here).
      EDIT: If you want to skip all of the talky stuff, here's the link to my completion picture.
      EDIT: And here's the link to the final entry pictures.

Let the insanity begin!!!  

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By Guindyloo
      No, I'm not neutering a 5 headed dragon, I'm fixing the sloppiness that occurred on Ma'al Drakar due to the time crunch during my 7 day challenge. 
      First things first:

Those aren't spots I missed, those are spots that I just spent the last few hours scraping with an x-acto to remove the mold lines that I'd missed. 
      Yes, it was absolutely as heartbreaking to do as you think it was. 

I thought someone might find some use in seeing how I'm going about reworking things in my attempt to bring this beastie to Reapercon. 
      So the destruction's done, next step, patching things up and continuing working on the mold lines I couldn't scrape off. 
    • By Guindyloo
      So just a little thing that I finished on Monday. 
      WIP thread is here if you missed it: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/76415-guindyloo-vs-maal-drakar-in-7-days/&page=1

These are just some of the pictures that I took after I finished when I was half dead. If you want to see something specific, let me know and I can take some more. 
      Most likely, I will be working on this some more post challenge, so I wanted to get a show off up before I change too much....if that's a thing that I do. 

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)