Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silvervane

03760: Adventuring Kids #1 (Wizard)

14 posts in this topic

I'm lost for words!

Stunning!

1 person likes this

Really awesome. I love the bright colors.

1 person likes this

Nice!

Seeing your color picks, makes me want to paint this guy in green (ie a young Presto).

Nice work!

1 person likes this

The kid and the color selection are wonderful! The precision on the eyes in fantastic! You can really see the blue and the reflection on the eyes. 

You asked for C&C, and I have some, but it truly is minor. The eyeliner could be either a lighter color, or thinner. I absolutely believe in darklining the eyes, and you did it splendidly. As a kid though, it might do better slightly more subtle. Like a medium dark brown instead of black. And the top of the hat could be highlighted a wee bit more, as it is the top of the figure, and it seems you overall have ambient sunlight as the goal for the lighting on it. 

Seriously though, well done. That kid is going to grow up to be a heck of a wizard! 

1 person likes this

Thanks for the positive feedback! 

1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

He's adorable! I like that the book has writing. 

Yeah I wanted to be a bit more intricate.  But actual handwriting is only slightly better than that in the book.

21 minutes ago, haldir said:

Nice!

Seeing your color picks, makes me want to paint this guy in green (ie a young Presto).

Nice work!

Go for it!.  I'd like to see that.  Green was the second choice for me.

22 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

The kid and the color selection are wonderful! The precision on the eyes in fantastic! You can really see the blue and the reflection on the eyes. 

You asked for C&C, and I have some, but it truly is minor. The eyeliner could be either a lighter color, or thinner. I absolutely believe in darklining the eyes, and you did it splendidly. As a kid though, it might do better slightly more subtle. Like a medium dark brown instead of black. And the top of the hat could be highlighted a wee bit more, as it is the top of the figure, and it seems you overall have ambient sunlight as the goal for the lighting on it. 

Seriously though, well done. That kid is going to grow up to be a heck of a wizard! 

Thanks for the feed back.  I do really struggle with highlighting red, and your suggestion is a good one.  Ahh the eyes... I started off wanting a cartoon like feel.  But I see what you mean with the dark outlining, especially with little to none on the rest of the figure.

1 person likes this

He is absolutely fantastic! 

1 person likes this

What colors did you use for the globe on the staff? Got a goblin that has a crystal ball & I'd like to try that.

1 person likes this

It looks amazing! I like the sharp transition between the green, gold and red.

The base is also stunning. The path way idea is effective and inspiring.

Edited by Metalchaos
1 person likes this

Metalchaos beat me to it and said pretty much everything I was going to say. I'll say it anyway! The colors are so vibrant, really great! The face is so expressive which is impressive in itself considering the size. I like the chibi-esque look you gave him. And the base is wonderful! I am totally going to steal the base idea for something!

1 person likes this

On 8/31/2017 at 8:10 PM, haldir said:

What colors did you use for the globe on the staff? Got a goblin that has a crystal ball & I'd like to try that.

Blue liner mixed with ghost white to create the grey.  Then I gradually added ghost white up to white as the highest.

2 people like this

The Little Sorcerer is a WONDERFUL creation. The brushwork & basing are BEAUTIFULAND your array of colors are GLORIOUS...I love the scarlet robes & hat. VERY WELL DONE indeed!

1 person likes this

Wow - you've nailed color so well here. It's so good that it looks deceptively simple. Your blending is great!

1 person likes this