Evillego

Obsidian Crypt construction

6 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Has anybody else had issues putting together their Obsidian Crypt?  Ideally I would like to have the roof removable so it can be used on the combat board.  However, even just putting it together the roof is a little resistant to flush assembly.

Anybody have any tips for success here?

Well, the walls have a little lip in them that holds the roof in place. I was thinking of removing that to make the roof removable. But I haven't done it yet. All I've done is dry fit my crypt. 

13 hours ago, Evillego said:

Hey folks,

Has anybody else had issues putting together their Obsidian Crypt?  Ideally I would like to have the roof removable so it can be used on the combat board.  However, even just putting it together the roof is a little resistant to flush assembly.

Anybody have any tips for success here?

I made mine with a removable roof. I just shaved one end of the roof until it could swing up without rubbing. I can post some pictures when I get home from work tonight

1 person likes this

Ok, so as mentioned this is the obsidian crypt. Mine has been modified slightly for tabletop use.

As you can see on the front side of the roof there is a small gap. That's because I shaved the side near the front to allow the roof to lift off if you pull on the front most spike and then swing open. I left the bottom of the roof, and the trimmed side are also unpainted since they're only visible when the lid is off. 

I also did not glue down the crypt to the bottom plate, and painted the outline on the bottom plate so that I can take off the whole crypt if people still need to see more than is visible through the roof. 

20170901_214144.png

20170901_213916.jpg

20170901_213938.jpg

20170901_214010.jpg

20170901_214111.png

6 people like this

A friend and I each got one. He used a dremel on his and shaved bits off so his roof is removable. He removed the same bits from mine and it didn't work for me. I shaved parts of the actual roof down and mine still won't lift off. I would have to leave my walls unglued in order to take it apart to remove the roof so I am just going to glue it all together and mine won't be removable. It really irked me because why have a decorated interior if the roof doesn't come off. Anyway, maybe it will work for you as it did for my friend. Good luck!

1 person likes this