Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other, September Edition

473 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 11th of September:  Did you manage to get any hobby-ing or gaming done this past weekend?  If so, tell us about it!

It's been a very long time since last I got to do any gaming, but painting/modelling is a daily activity with me...weekends are just another day.

I finished up a couple more Mushrooms:

DSCN5146.thumb.JPG.908d6ebab937fb3ce6385e52dd2ff072.JPG

AND have a base nearing completion:

DSCN5147.thumb.JPG.9159933dde9bb4c787a5983d9169eb25.JPGDSCN5149.thumb.JPG.5fb28b46d39cf04db58e9d07354b02bf.JPG

I still haven't a clue what will go on the base, but the base itself has possibilities.

10 people like this

Yes, I've managed to shift my Saturday group to pathfinder from D&D. Of course this means I have to run it. So begins the Age of Worms. Mostly just character creation and introducing character to each other. Although the fella playing the Warpriest made an broccoli of himself right away and thus suffered for it the rest of the session at the hands of the other players (because they have all known each other for many years they enjoy messing with each other).

In the Sunday game I run, a Savage Tide/Skull and Shackles mash up the party continued on searching Bonewrack Island for water and their missing companions. While they were able to handle most of the hazards of the isle handily, the ankheg made a meal of the huntress/oracle, despite several characters spending hero points to re-roll or gain extra actions.

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 11th of September:  Did you manage to get any hobby-ing or gaming done this past weekend?  If so, tell us about it!

We almost always play dnd on Saturday afternoons/evenings. This last Saturday was part two (of three) of a massive battle. Next Saturday will see the end of the battle. 

I did not do any actual hobbying, but my hobby space is almost completely set up, so Soon I can hobby again.

7 people like this

Mostly I paint during the week, but this Saturday , I painted a halfling from start to finish.

then skipped the weekend D&D game, due to family commitments. 

they play a star wars minature wargame when I have a planned absence. 

Now next week I have CMPA  where I will spend four hours painting on sat,  then game on Sunday. 

8 people like this

Sadly, no.  My FLGS even had a hobby day yesterday, where you could go in and paint.  But, this is September, and the first two months or so of the school year get taken up with Scouts (and their fundraisers), cross-country, dance, piano, back-to-school craziness, and so on.  I am hoping (but not really expecting) to get the time to go play a game or two this coming Saturday evening - if I start trying to plan for it now, it might actually happen.

6 people like this

The only thing was reading one of the DCC adventure modules I picked up a while back. Tonight though, tonight I paint!

8 people like this

9/11: No, It's a pretty full month for us, I'm not likely to get any hobby time this month.

4 people like this

Normally the weekend is set aside for movie/TV show watching, but I did get about an hour of hobbying done.

I finished the face and beard of my Dwarf Gardener (though I think his glasses may need a few more finishing touches), and started picking out the details on my Shipwreck Revenants torso (I got as far as basecoating the starfish and coral).

9 people like this

I painted some stuff while watching a particularly terrible football game. painted the burrowing horror and two bones snake people.

6 people like this

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Prepped several figures and did the "sculpting" necessary for their bases. Today I have one more figure to finish base work (attaching the bark to the base and contouring the area around the cork. Then will be priming, painting the bases, and attachment of figures to bases.

We have like three months till ReaperCon, right?

:rolleyes:

8 people like this

Yes, I have been working on my WIP - Kaladrax on a Mausoleum.

And on my Lost World Project ( painting Snakemen).

7 people like this

Managed to catalogue some of my new paints, of which I still have a lot to go yet( ANd morecoming today!). Also managed to play some Pathfinder, had a heck of a battle.

6 people like this

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

No. Harvest is in full swing and now they're predicting several days of rain. No rain all year and at the least needed time we get it, maybe. I need 5 good long days to finish and it looks like I'll get 2. Crop sucks anyhow but I still want to finish.

Edited by Zink
6 people like this

I was able to paint most of the weekend. I have nearly finished Goremaw and finished some CAV figures for my husband to take to CAVcon/ReaperCon.

7 people like this

I've been at work for the past two weeks, including weekends.

Posting around here is my hobbying. Expecting a Star Wars game next Wednesday when I get home.

7 people like this