Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other, September Edition

472 posts in this topic

I sorted through my Massive Darkness pledge...does that count?

6 people like this

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 11th of September:  Did you manage to get any hobby-ing or gaming done this past weekend?  If so, tell us about it!

Got some mineral-nerding done on Friday at one of the shows. Picked up an actual crystal of orpiment, a double-terminated topaz, a super pretty thumbnail specimen of fluorite, and a ~1mm natural green diamond (I pick up a new tiny diamond every year and pop it in a tiny jar - only way I'll ever afford natural colored diamonds), and a slab of really neato petrified wood. 

Then had a short session of D&D. We knew it would be short, but then the fighter tank's wife called from the hospital. We stopped after playing a room and a half of the dungeon so that he could do good-hubby duties.

10 people like this

Didn't get much done on the mini front, but I did get down to the FLGS to play 3 games of Mystic Vale for the tournament that they are running.  I won the first game, then lost the next two horribly.  I expected those loses though.  The last two games I was playing against the guys who took first and second place at the tournament at GenCon.  I was able to complete one set of achievements from my tournament book though, so it's all good.

6 people like this

Question the 11th of September:  Did you manage to get any hobby-ing or gaming done this past weekend?  If so, tell us about it!

I did some work on a commission I'm doing for Ral Partha.  I was grinding out a unit of zombies for the Chaos Wars line - it's about half done now.

The Egg

8 people like this

The closest I came to doing anything hobby related was I saw that they had Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers on sale at the local Wal-Mart, so I bought it.  I set it up on the dining room table, but never got to play it.  I did however fix the windshield washer fluid nozzles on my truck, got a few loads of laundry done, cleaned up my multipurpose room a little, cleaned the master bathroom while herding one of my sons into cleaning their bathroom, went with a friend to look at a trike he's thinking about buying, did the grocery shopping, and watched some bad sci-fi videos on Amazon Prime.

6 people like this

Sadly, no. Had to cancel the game I had planned for an unscheduled out of town trip. :angry:

4 people like this

I worked on replacing the weapons on a couple of Bones models. I also did a bit of watercolour. 

7 people like this

I'm was able to spend a little time focusing on completing ReaperCon entries and spent the rest of the time stressing over how much I have to do with the limited time remaining. :unsure:::(:

7 people like this

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Not so much hobbying but Friday saw characters prepped for a new D&D adventure starting in a week or so and Sunday night was filled with freezing cold and zombies, care of Dead of Winter with the evening wrapped up with a quick round of Cards Against Humanity.  

6 people like this

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

None. Spent it hurricane prepping. 

7 people like this

5 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Yes! Yes, I did! 

I decided on where I am going with my diorama of Kagunk, with a little help from Liz Beckley.  I bought basing materials.  Scavenged basing materials.  Swapped out a ranged goblin for a pyro goblin (Hooray for buying ALL the goblins in my past!).  Cleaned, primed and put basic skin on pyro and started in on the leathers for all of them.

9 people like this

5 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Gaming ...none. Spent too much time watching ABC anchor fools try to out do each other by standing in the rain. I think they must have had a bet going to see who could take the highest wind speed without getting bowled over. 

7 people like this

6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

My Saturday gaming group has finally filled out. I introduced a 4th player (gnome rogue) and we have filled out our party of Bard, Ranger, Rogue, and Witch. Eh, good enough.

The gnome introduced the party to the 'nice tree lady' (local dryad) who told them there's an ancient dungeon beneath the island. Also fungus incursion on evil-looking gray rock covered in mushrooms, go deal with it. But first, cannibals. The dryad has no opinion on the cannibals, why would she, but there's a group heading up the mountain over there right now. The gnome rolls a 1 on stealth and the cannibals pick him up, intending to add to their ritual sacrifice. Yay!

Ambush successful, gnome thrown down the mountain, 1s rolled by all, and finally the PCs are victorious. Long story short (too late) they scout the cannibal village, get spotted, throw alchemist's fire to cover their escape, and now the final battle for island supremacy can begin. Soon they will be able to explore the island in safety and hopefully find the dungeon because that's where all the plot is.

And now they're all level 2.

9 people like this

6 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Nope! I spent half the weekend on a plane.

4 people like this

7 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I went to a business meeting for my reenacting group. They want me to run my big camping event again next year.

7 people like this