Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other, September Edition

549 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I think they would assume I was arrested as part of a protest against the current administration.

^ likely this. 

27 minutes ago, knarthex said:

DWI...

::(:

5 people like this

People that really know me would probably figure that someone finally managed to find the right combination of buttons to push to make me lose my temper.  I actually have a very bad temper; it's just that it takes so much to push me over the edge, that not even my wife has ever seen me lose it.  In fact, I can only think of one time when I lost control of it.

11 people like this

Mistaken identity, because there are a lot of people with close to my name.  It is a family tradition to use my first name since 1768.  But not one jr.  Each has had a different middle name that has not been used before.  It is weird to see a gave with your first and last name that is over 200 years old.

Other than that probably impersonating an adult.  I do it so badly. 

8 people like this

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 13th of September: If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?  (many thanks to Crowley for providing todays question)

Indecent exposure by walking topless thru my house late at night with no window covering. I need snacks sometimes!! Being topless is actually legal in my current town but likely won't be in other towns in the future. I am not into being on display.... but if I need a snack, I need a snack. 

Or possibly reacting to offending jerks and being blamed when it was defense. 

Edited by Cyradis
8 people like this

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

People that really know me would probably figure that someone finally managed to find the right combination of buttons to push to make me lose my temper.  I actually have a very bad temper; it's just that it takes so much to push me over the edge, that not even my wife has ever seen me lose it.  In fact, I can only think of one time when I lost control of it.

This is likely to be me.  At least if my Mother and Brother were asked.  They are the only two that participated in the last time I lost control.  That happened the day after we watched Karate Kid II at the theatre on opening weekend.  That would have made it a Saturday night viewing and a Sunday mid-day action.  The fact that I can't remember what my brother said that made me lose control made me very wary of deep anger.  I can remember how the punch felt and how it picked him up over the foot of the bed and that he landed on the pillows... with my left hand.  I can't remember what he said though.  I remember the deadpan expression and feeling telling my mom that I thought I killed her son.  

I made a personal vow that I would not let myself get that angry again.  And in thirty years, I haven't been that angry again.  I'm still wary even though it is possible only my brother could push my buttons enough to get to that point, I don't want to be wrong.

My wife and her family would think it was mistaken identity.  No idea what my Dad would think or even if he knows about the other incident.  

Edited by Grayfax
4 people like this

5 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 13th of September: If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?  (many thanks to Crowley for providing todays question)

speaking out against the government? harassing representatives with phone calls ?

climbing fences to see dino bones?  (this was the last time I was stopped by cops) - or otherwise trespassing out of curiosity.  

9 people like this

5 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

They would assume I was defending innocent people from police brutality.

8 people like this

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

I think they would assume I was arrested as part of a protest against the current administration.

Definitely this

7 people like this

On the bright side, I think the chances of me getting in trouble for defending the basement office ladies has gone down. The broccoli-face officemate hasn't been around as often it seems. That could change, but hey, nice to not worry about that turd for a bit. 

8 people like this

1 hour ago, Grayfax said:

I'm still wary even though it is possible only my brother could push my buttons enough to get to that point, I don't want to be wrong.

That is how my older brother effects my younger brother. My older brother excels at pushing younger brother's buttons, and no one else in the universe can quite work him up into a blinding rage the way he can. Brothers :sigh:

Yeah, if this question was applied to my younger brother I'd think there was an altercation between the two of them.

8 people like this

Possibly "murdered one of my students."

But them what knows me would know I wasn't guilty.

9 people like this

1 minute ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

Possibly "murdered one of my students."

But them what knows me would know I wasn't guilty.

Justifiable homicide....

*nods knowingly*

7 people like this

50 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Justifiable homicide....

*nods knowingly*

All homicide is justifiable from a certain point of view. :starts quoting Star Wars:

8 people like this

So eeehhhh maybe I was plotting to take over the world by replacing all world leaders with Wolves in disguise?

Sorry ...I think I put Moon Moon in the wrong position, but he liked the orange wig..

5 people like this

7 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hmmm.  My immediate family would probably think somebody pushed me to the snapping point.  Extended family would be clueless as I don't see them very often.  My friends would be perplexed but have a short list of things that could be the reason.

5 people like this