Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other, September Edition

507 posts in this topic

I assume DUI would be the obvious guess, though it'd likely be wrong.

My dad would probably suspect some sort of charges of political insurrection involving a railroading or other miscarriage of justice at the hands of a corrupt government.

5 people like this

2 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Having read all the responses for today 9/13 I'm trying to figure out if I just happen to know interesting people or if other people don't realize how interesting their acquaintances really are.

It could go either way. I have known a lot of interesting people...

Well, to be fair the question wasn't, "what would I assume my friends got arrested for." I know what they get up to, and I have many a reasonable guess as to why one of them might show up on the news one day.

Hell, some of them have.

Edited by EvilJames
6 people like this

On 9/13/2017 at 10:58 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 13th of September: If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?  (many thanks to Crowley for providing todays question)

Either a case of mistaken identity, or someone has finally taken offence to me answering the door in a semi-nude state.

5 people like this

9 hours ago, Jokemeister said:

Serious question - does it count as a bad temper if it is that hard to lose control?  At this point, doesn't everyone have a bad temper?  Seems to me that everyone would have something that could push them over the edge.

In my case, I would count it.  I'm not talking about yelling and screaming.  In the one instance where I lost it, I had to be told about it a year or two later.  I had a guy in one of my classes, that would needle people and try and push their buttons.  After he got someone to lose it, he would move on to the next person.  At one point, he said that he had low self esteem and did it to feel better about himself.  As the senior guy in the class (I was a Fleet Returnee and thus already qualified Submarines while everyone else in the class was just out of Boot Camp) I just ignored the guy.  The evidently bothered him.  After a few weeks trying to get under my skin, he eventually started in on talking about my mother and sister.  I'm told that my face went blank, and I jumped over the table separating us and chocked him out.  Supposedly took 3 guys to pull be off of him.  I don't remember any of it.  Found out about it when one of my old classmates was visiting a couple of years later.

So yeah, I think you can still have a bad temper even if you have an inordinately long fuse.  The upside is that that guy stopped talking so much broccoli afterwards.

11 people like this

Question the 14th of September:  What is the most recent song that you have had stuck in your head (aka "earworm").  Feel free to update this through out the day as you read this thread.  You're welcome. :devil:

7 people like this

My current earworm is Downeaster Alexa by Billy Joel.  It's one of the songs that gets played often on car rides with my family, and while I haven't heard it recently, we were talking about Billy Joel in the office yesterday.  So now it's stuck until I replace it with something else.

5 people like this

I don't generally get earworms; I keep a pretty good library of music floating around the ol' gray matter to combat that sort of thing.

This is the last song I listened to:

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 14th of September:  What is the most recent song that you have had stuck in your head (aka "earworm").  Feel free to update this through out the day as you read this thread.  You're welcome. :devil:

Fool on the Hill: it got stuck in my head yesterday when I was working on my Spook on The Hill piece...the words got changed as It repeated.

Edited by malefactus
5 people like this

Songs get stuck in my head pretty readily, of late, I've had a rotation of most of Ghost B.C.'s musical library in my head, notably: "From the Pinnacle to the Pit", "Satan Prayer", "Square Hammer", and "Con Clavi Con Dio".

4 people like this

• My Love For Evermore - Hillbilly Moon Explosion ft. Sparky
  • Bury Them Deep - Ghoultown
  • Stay Clean - Motörhead
Edited by Glitterwolf
5 people like this

I'll let you know before I try to go to bed :mellow:

5 people like this

M.T.A.

Which is probably the most popular political campaign song ever.

NB: I'm only linking it because A) I find the politics risible, so I'm entirely uninteresting in defending them, and B) the campaign was in 1949. Good song, though.

2 people like this

I just had my earworm updated by Doug.  Love that group.

4 people like this

Right now, "O Makunde" from the Cirque du Soleil show Kà, probably because I started listening to that soundtrack earlier this morning.  I'm sure it'll get displaced by something later.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

4 people like this