Generic Fighter

September Hobby Gooooooooals!!!!!

42 posts in this topic

So, what are YOU trying to get done this month??? I am trying for the following...

-Progress on the Max's Mini-Minions

-Paint a bit for fun

-Prepare for my 40th Birthday Party later in the month!

GF

10 people like this

Didn't set goals over the summer, just played around a lot with different things. School is about to start up again, so I'm back into goals mode.

- Practice figure drawing: gesture/structure/anatomy

- Bargue plate 49 (Just updated the blog on this one, updating my drawing post here after I finish this post!)

- School starts, so new portrait and lots of figure drawing!

- Also beginning to explore the Munsell color system

- Bonus round: paint some game plastic, Zombicide or Massive Darkness

9 people like this

This month my goals are:

• To to finish my ReaperCon diorama which is a scratch built base and 6 figures on it, this will be for the ReaperCon Diorama/Bombshell Babes Diorama categories.
  • To paint my SC75 figure for my entry into their contest at ReaperCon. This is their Brock the Wanderer figure, this will also be one the judges can consider for Painters category. 
  • Try to do an Ordinance figure (large mech from Infamy) to enter it into that category at ReaperCon, also giving it rust effects. 
  • Maybe paint up a couple of fun/speed-paints while between projects or if I'm needing a small break.
Edited by ub3r_n3rd
10 people like this

I still have got a number of female Russian tank riders over here. I need to sculpt some snow camo clothes on them.

And I have got some figures someone asked me to finish. See if that will work like I imagined. We will see.

8 people like this

In keeping with my hobby goals for the year here are my September goals:

1.  |To paint a miniature for a competition this month. (lets hope it doesn't get cancelled)
  2. To paint two character miniatures for our ongoing D&D game |
  3. To paint a figure from the 'shelf of shame'  |
  4. To paint this month's Mithril miniature |

> My 2017 goals are:

• To paint enough Sci-fi miniatures to play the game Future Tales. ( none so far)
  • To paint the remaining figures to fill out my Frostgrave base forces. | ( 10 so far)
  • To paint character figures for the remaining characters in my Call of Cthulhu campaign. | ( 7 so far)
  • To paint mythos creatures for my Call of |Cthulhu campaign.  ( 8 so far)
  • To paint the graveyard terrain from Reaper's Bones 3.  ( Now that I have it )
  • To paint three entries for painting competitions this year.  (There are only two now)
  • To paint one Mithril figure | each month. ( On track with 9)

buckyball

11 people like this

Paint my black Bishops for the chess set (using 02281 Crypt Wraith)

Start my DDS2 dragon ( he's going to be a silver ( or gold ) dragon defending against scoundrels instead of the traditional red )

With kids back in school and fall activities starting, that's probably more than I'll actually accomplish :D

11 people like this

I seem to do better without set goals but I've been doing a lot of painting and terrain lately. Just need to keep going. So rough guide to what's on my mind and table.

7 partially painted man sized minis. I use these when I want to use up excess paint on the pallet. They're all getting to the point where I should just finish a few things and get them off the table.

Romans. For the last year they've been my army closest to finished and I really want to have something totally finished. 8 spearmen, 17 legionaries, 8 cavalry, 6 camel riders and a couple characters to go. Last month I did a dozen. Someday I may buy some cavalry with javelins and more camel riders but otherwise I have everything I want for them.

Goblins. Army #2 on the want to complete list. I've got an almost finished GW man mangler catapult, 15 wolf riders prepped and ready to paint soon and another 20+ infantry set out. Trouble with these guys is I'm not sure if I have everything I want and with the Bones Kickstarters I keep getting more. Not sure if/when they'll ever be totally finished.

High Elves. Army #3 on the close to finished list. I've had about 30+ of these guys left to paint for years. Now that the romans and goblins are getting closer I'm thinking of finishing these too. Good part about these is I have no plans for buying more.

Cultists. Have a bunch for Frostgrave and in Bones and have some ideas for games using them.

Various hills, ruins and trees for terrain with the DDS ruins high on the list.

If things continue like they have been I'll likely work on about 50% things from this list and 50% of what ever catches my attention at the moment.

8 people like this

Going to try this goals thing. We'll see what happens. Goals for Sept 2017:

• Get started painting again, will be getting the kids going as well; they got me the LTPKs for my birthday
  • Start whittling down the Shelf of Shame, at least I have a tracking spreadsheet for it now.
  • Aiming for 10 minis painted through the month
11 people like this

Hmm.....

* Continue to work on my RCon entries.

* Continue to work on my Zcide NPC's

* Finish building my Hirst Arts ruined fieldstone tower.

* Probably work on another random figure.

9 people like this

Goals for September:

• Finish vacation prep
  • Have fun on vacation
  • Start gathering supplies for Christmas diorama
  • If time, start said diorama
  • Finish this one D&D PC I have left
  • Learn to use the camera on my new phone
8 people like this

I'm going to somewhat recycle last month's goals at least finishing the last zombie ogre and the necromancer. Other than that I'm going to try and keep to 20+ minis for the month.

8 people like this

FIgure a day is always my goal for every month. Weekdays I usually try to do simple figures since I work a 8-5 job then weekends I go for a little more complex figures or do 3x figure sets.

10 people like this

Hey, another guy from Saskatchewan and even my favourite city! I went to the UofS 20+ years ago. Too bad I'm 4 hours south of there. Gotta ask do you actually reach the 30 mini goal? Even when I'm doing fast stuff I've only painted that many a couple of times in my life.

7 people like this

September Goals

• Finish Reaper Snakemen 02498
  • Finish Kaladrax on Mausoleum
  • Start on Bust - Kabuki Pirate Queen Bonnie Ann.
  • Start on D20 Rainbow Dragon Challenge ( Ebonwrath)
Edited by Glitterwolf
7 people like this

On 9/1/2017 at 6:28 PM, SparrowMarie said:

Goals for September:

• Finish vacation prep
  • Have fun on vacation
  • Start gathering supplies for Christmas diorama
  • If time, start said diorama
  • Finish this one D&D PC I have left
  • Learn to use the camera on my new phone

Adding Minivember prep.

6 people like this