Generic Fighter

September Hobby Gooooooooals!!!!!

On 9/21/2017 at 6:59 PM, Sophie was taken said:

To do:

• Get a tv for the room that my blu-ray can plug into for movies/netflixes
  • Acquire a card table or something similar and chair to paint at and in
  • Obtain some more brushes to replace all the ones from the LTPKs that I ruined
  • Pick out some fresh new paints
  • I dunno, paint a mini or something?

TV and table are set up, supplies are had, in ready to paint! 

Though I'm kinda tuckered out now...

• Like 5

Tonight was time to take inventory. After nearly three years in storage, I have access to my minis and painting paraphernalia, but its hard to remember what I'd acquired and what I'll need to proceed (see the last three items in my to-do list above).

First supply box contains 34 bottles of MSP paints and a few cheap acrylics from Michael's' bargain brand.  The next box holds 13 more MSPs and five Reaper brushes in various states of unusability, along with the minis and instructions for (the old) Learn to Paint Kits 1,2,4, and 5 (the source of most of the above paints as well). 

As I pored over my work, fretting about how utterly awful it was, I opened up the instructions to Kit 5 and noticed something - I'd never completed that last LTPK. And the unpainted mini wasn't in the box!

I rushed to the storage room and tore into the boxes again, hoping against hope It was still in there somewhere. I found my spray primer, and yet another box within the box. Opening it up, I'm greeted my the sight of the mostly empty LTPK blister pack, and my missing miniature. Breathing a huge sigh of relief, I took the package out for a better look, and wouldn't you know what was underneath it?

image1.JPG.908ddb679c9ff95d053999cc229acfd5.JPG

Long story short, I believe this is good enough to complete my list of goals for the month. Pretty confident as to what they'll be for October, as well.

• Like 9

Fell short of my goals for the month which isn't terribly surprising. Still pretty happy with what I accomplished early on even if I've only painted a little bit the last 10 days. I have 6 roman cavalry and a mounted general mostly painted but nothing on the camel riders yet. On to October.

• Like 4

For the last day of September, I finished the second of four ReaperCon entries!!

• Like 8

Haven't worked on my diorama for a week or so, but I have started on some animal companions and mounts.

Today, I actually painted up a bones Hydra for next week's D&D game that I'm going to throw at my players, will take pics in a bit when the water effects I used on the base are set enough not to flow where I don't want it to.

• Like 8

On 9/3/2017 at 8:20 PM, Evilhalfling said:

1. paint at least 4 from bones2 core : 4 done 

2. finish my dragon for Paint your dragon contest.(by Sept 29) partially ruined (as below) returned to tabletop quality.

3. finish KoD mountain man :Ruined, by frosting with spray sealer.  40$ resin mini goes on the back shelf. 

4. finish Fire Giant Jailer NOPE

5. figure out how much I can add to KS pledge manger each month without increasing my hobby budget.  (probably 20$) 

- but I would really like dreadmere. : Made spreadsheet. 

yeah, not the best luck At First  on the hobby front.  started another dragon instead of trying to fix the elfed up ones. 

Finished the random rainbow dragon in 3 weeks!  huge leap forward. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 7

I've started the bare minimum on my diorama. I've painted the TARDIS and acquired some snow. And that's about it. I painted one mini this month. Hoping next month will go up quite a bit more. I'm running out of time to meet my goal of 150 for the year.

• Like 7

On 9/4/2017 at 9:27 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

the next 2 to 3 months are expected to be a bit of a mess for me, so my goals are veeeery simple this month.

paint two minis.

Finished 6 minis

Bones Burrowing horror

Asterian commander

2 bones snake people

Arena rex tribune? Forgot to take a picture with finished base before giving back to joe. 

Wild west exodus someone?

20171001_111545.png

20170917_181111.jpg

20170916_183428.png

• Like 6

On 9/1/2017 at 9:16 PM, Silvervane said:

Hmm.....

* Continue to work on my RCon entries. Sigh... no luck ::(:

* Continue to work on my Zcide NPC's Almost done... 1 model left

* Finish building my Hirst Arts ruined fieldstone tower.  Ran out of steam.. Still working on it

* Probably work on another random figure.  Umm... started A goblin then lost enthusiasm...

Yeah So last month was a bust

• Like 3

Finished 5 last month, Leisynn and 4 invisible adventurers.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2017 at 4:32 PM, Rob Dean said:

At a minimum, I want to finish my originally planned Saxon war band for the Osprey game Dux Bellorum.  Since that involves painting two more horsemen (which I just did today and the glue is drying on the first step basing as I type) and seven more footmen, that should be a low bar to clear.  Beyond that, it would be nice to start the opponent army, intended to flex between being late Romans and Romano-British.

It might have been a low bar, but I didn't clear it. ::P:  

I did the three cavalry, and then did an unplanned excursion with a couple of 54mm medievals, and finished up the month by completing the basing on my 5 Gencon speed paint figures, plus one barbarian from the Box of Good Will.

So it wasn't a total loss; just not quite what I had planned.

• Like 4

On 9/1/2017 at 0:03 PM, eldamir said:

Paint my black Bishops for the chess set (using 02281 Crypt Wraith)

Start my DDS2 dragon ( he's going to be a silver ( or gold ) dragon defending against scoundrels instead of the traditional red )

With kids back in school and fall activities starting, that's probably more than I'll actually accomplish :D

Umm... I painted the smallest piece of the DDS terrain and then promptly stripped it back down since I didn't like how it came out.. That's completely not the dragon - so that one's a fail..

I primed the 2 bishops and dropped the first layer of black on their cloaks.. so that's a fail..

Then I started the Rainbow dragon (which was not a goal) and that derailed everything else.. and is also stalled out... 

Oh, oh! I know! I got the kids to school on time and in one piece every day they were with me!! 

• Like 6