I just got a pathfinder red dragon, and while it is really cool, I need to get something bigger. How large is the " Dragon's don't share" dragon in comparison? I like the clockwork, skeletal, and multi-headed (which is clearly the largest) but I would like to start with a more standard dragon. So which of the regular dragons will cast the largest shadow at my game table?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gary Pryor said:

I just got a pathfinder red dragon, and while it is really cool, I need to get something bigger. How large is the " Dragon's don't share" dragon in comparison? I like the clockwork, skeletal, and multi-headed (which is clearly the largest) but I would like to start with a more standard dragon. So which of the regular dragons will cast the largest shadow at my game table?

The one in DDS is a couple inches bigger. The pathfinder red is pretty small in comparison. Narthrax is also pretty big, he's got a huge wingspan and is one of my favs. Ebonwrath may be a tad bit larger than the PF red too. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

The one in DDS is a couple inches bigger. The pathfinder red is pretty small in comparison. Narthrax is also pretty big, he's got a huge wingspan and is one of my favs. Ebonwrath may be a tad bit larger than the PF red too. 

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

• Like 1

I know I have them painted somewhere...

back row - Pathfider red, DDS 2, blightfang 

front row -  young fire dragon, silver dragon, fire dragon, sir forescale 

dragons group.jpg

narthhax is very similar to blightfang in size.  

the DDS dragon is slightly further pushed back and still on the base he came with. 

here is a size comparison to Mal'  the many headed. 

Mala.jpg

dragons.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 11

I was going to mention Kaladrax, he may be undead but he's freaking huge but then I remembered Mal'.  I don't have him, but I get the impression he's much bigger.  You asked about the clockwork dragon Gary.  He is quite cool but also much smaller than DDS 2.

• Like 2

Bones 3 T'Rauk is also pretty massive, and rivals Ma'al in wingspan alone.

I'll be curious about Argent from Bones 4. Because of the stance, he doesn't *feel* as tall as Ma'al, but the overall size might be something else.

5735162be0c0cb7730b5768014229c78_origina

From OneBoot's estimates (~12 inches)

1qDQvUK.jpg

Argent will be a big boy!

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 12

Here is a set of pics with many of the dragons set out for comparison. These pics are from before Bones 3 fulfillment. 

https://goo.gl/photos/oYeVGNsMy5PSNvxn6

I really need to pull them all out again, along with the others from Bones 3, and shoot some new references.

Edited by DixonGrfx
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, DixonGrfx said:

Here is a set of pics with many of the dragons set out for comparison. These pics are from before Bones 3 fulfillment. 

https://goo.gl/photos/oYeVGNsMy5PSNvxn6

I really need to pull them all out again, along with the others from Bones 3, and shoot some new references.

Super helpful thanks.
Think I am getting DDS 1st, 2nd MAl' as well as pledging for Argent eventually. I may go broke but at least I will have many tiny plastic men to keep me company while living in the gutter.

I think it could be really fun to put the Pathfinder on the table, then pull it off and tell my PCs that they have angered the mother and throw out DDS; then do the same thing with Mal' as a 3rd step in a later encounter. The hard part is not letting see the minis I am so excited about before hand.

• Like 8

The use of possessive in "Which Dragon's Are the Largest" makes me think that the dragons are all going to whip them out to measure.

Sorry for the banal sidetrack.

The largest of the dragons is definitely Ma'aldrakar- but there are a lot of other big 'uns.  Ma'al would be colossal plus.

The Pathfinder dragon is relatively small- quite a lot smaller than Kaladrax, Nethyrmaul, Narthrax or even Cinder.  One thing that will give you a good idea about size is to go onto Reaper's store and have them list by price.  With the exceptions of "Dragons Don't Share" the price of the dragon is directly proportional to its size.

• Like 1