72moonglum

Repaint of an old figure

So I'm thinking I'm going to be repainting this old figure that I have another copy and here is my question. Should I repaint with the original paint scheme or should I do something totally different? No wrong or right answer, just looking for opinions. 

IMG_5488.JPG

• Like 2

I never repaint.

That way you can see your progress.

Unless it is a mini that is very rare and you really want it to have a make-over

I'm not going to give him a PineSol bath. I have another copy and I've always liked this miniature. I've got four figures I want to do  a new version of and I'm not too worried about the other three but that one with orange hair and an orange turban, not so sure I'm fond of it anymore but that's how I did him back in 1982 or so. 

IMG_6088.JPG

• Like 2

That's what I'm considering. I've got a group of four figures I want to do that I've got new copies of. I like two other color schemes and one I can't stand but I'm on the fence with this one. 

IMG_6088.JPG

• Like 1

IMG_1918.thumb.JPG.7633401661670f9d9c73e10683189f4e.JPGSo have some fun with it; I did bunches of guys with turbans wrapped out of striped cloth when I was painting my 19th century Africa figures around 2000...

Edited by Rob Dean
Add picture
  • Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mad Jack

So, I was recently asked to curate a collection of old minis given to my FLGS on consignment... There are somewhere north of two hundred pieces altogether.

Most of it is old Ral Partha, Grenadier, Heritage and Citadel. The first three companies I know well. Citadel not so much, but I've already identified some of them from the Lost Minis Wiki. And then there are some that I don't recognize and have no marking on them.

So I'll be posting pics in this thread over the next couple of days to see if anybody knows what they are.

I'll also be editing the posts to update them as more things are identified. So eventually there will be a complete (ish) record of the entire collection.

First up, we have some dwarves...

EDIT:  In the first pic the first four are from Alternative Armies -  DH9-04 Dwarven Adventurer w/ Dagger, RM013 Auchan the Spiker, RM015 Colvin the Disturbed, and RM014 Luckburn the Iron Fist. The 5th one is Citadel FA-15, v2 and the last one is Asgard's DA7.v2 Dwarf King.
      In the second pic, only the second one is unidentified.
      The first is from Grenadier's 2008 Thieves box set - the Dwarf Thief. The third is from Metal Magic's C1008 Dwarves set and the last is Grenadier's 1129 Dwarf Flamethrower.

I'll be posting more as I come across things I can't find myself...

• By VolksFest
      So having jumped from Frostgrave to D&D in a rather swift way I decided to "normalize" my Frostgrave minis.. namely "less snow, more greens.."

So here's the Thief from Frostgrave:

Thus I am trying to make better bases but I still some way to go it seems.

Thanks for looking and C&C is very welcome.
    • By SGHawkins09
      This was my second diorama for ReaperCon 2017 and was the one picked for judging. The idea for it actually began at last year's ReaperCon and was originally going to be the wizard catching the barbarian mousling breaking in. Over the year it evolved into a large scene than originally planned and I swapped out the barbarian for the two thieves/rogues. It ended up getting a gold medal and Mousling Honorable Mention.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Here is the WIP thread: Stop Thief!

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback while creating this diorama.

• By Mutilatedlips
      Decided to paint him as a Drow to add to House Depsana's arsenal of nastiness.

• By Clearman
      In addition to my 2018 goals to paint better and work on new techniques, I've decided to also start a long term project.  I have about half of the Grenadier Fantasy Personalities line (series I and II) by Julie Guthrie.  They've been sitting in a Chessex storage box for ~30 years, and now they will finally receive paint.

Based on the info at Lost Mini's Wiki, there are a total of 156 models between both series.  I have 81 in the Chessex box, and a couple loose that I need to track down.  Since the my count for the entirety of 2017 was only 55 models, and factor in the other models that I will work on, this project will take a while.

I am starting off with four models prepped:

887 - Berserker
      869 - Chaotic Thief
      820 - Henchman
      8102 - Chaotic Swordsman

Stay tuned for show offs.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)