Repaint of an old figure

So ever have one of those nights you wake up all the sudden with painting on your mind?  That happened to me last night around three so got up and worked on this guy's finishing touches. I'd done the metal in the afternoon. Now I worked on the gold, the dart and a jewel on his sword. Do you guys see the poison on his dart?IMG_6167.thumb.JPG.a1eab82349f011b3311fdeed0e013ded.JPG

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sophie was taken
      The second mini from the Layer Up! Learn to Paint Kit, Ingrid the Gnome Thief:

A fun little mini. She taught me that I love to overdo shadows. This is very evident on her cape, though glazing did help a little bit. On the bright side, the sculpt has some big, expressive eyes, and I think both came out halfway decent for a change.
      This one has a fun base, as well. Lots of details to pick out, and the instructions have a neat combo for painting mossy patches that I’ll have to steal for future use. Feedback is appreciated!
    • By Mad Jack
       So, I was recently asked to curate a collection of old minis given to my FLGS on consignment... There are somewhere north of two hundred pieces altogether.
      Most of it is old Ral Partha, Grenadier, Heritage and Citadel. The first three companies I know well. Citadel not so much, but I've already identified some of them from the Lost Minis Wiki. And then there are some that I don't recognize and have no marking on them.
      So I'll be posting pics in this thread over the next couple of days to see if anybody knows what they are.
       I'll also be editing the posts to update them as more things are identified. So eventually there will be a complete (ish) record of the entire collection.
       First up, we have some dwarves...
      EDIT:  In the first pic the first four are from Alternative Armies -  DH9-04 Dwarven Adventurer w/ Dagger, RM013 Auchan the Spiker, RM015 Colvin the Disturbed, and RM014 Luckburn the Iron Fist. The 5th one is Citadel FA-15, v2 and the last one is Asgard's DA7.v2 Dwarf King.
      In the second pic, the first figure is from Grenadier's 2008 Thieves box set - the Dwarf Thief. The second is a Citadel C06 Northern Dwarves pirate. The third is from Metal Magic's C1008 Dwarves set and the last is Grenadier's 1129 Dwarf Flamethrower.
       I'll be posting more as I come across things I can't find myself...
    • By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,
      so in my continuing series of old school minis that I painted in the eighties and recently, I've just finished up another one. I've been concentrating on Grenadier figures for this, as this is what we had back then in the day.  I just finished this one last night, and the original one I'd painted probably somewhere between 1982-1986, probably closer to 1982.  I think that the original one if I recall correctly actually came with the mace broken off, which apparently at the time didn't disturb me and I painted a cleric with a little stick in his hand.  
      and here these two merry round bellied gentlemen are side by side:

One of the odder things on this figure was originally I didn't even notice that his foot that was visible was actually a bare foot. I painted his foot as if he were wearing a red shoe.  Looking back too at these miniatures with the advent of the Grenadier/Mirlton Kickstarter, wondering if I might participate.
    • By Sophie was taken
      Sometimes you have to force your way through the rough patches. Fortunately, I recently found Valloa here at my FLGS. Given that she’s been on my “want” list for a while and their selection of metal minis was sparse at best, I snapped one up to dispel the painting melancholy. Apologies in advance for the bad images, lighting didn’t want to comply, and the closest to true color I could get has bad shine from camera flash + sealer. Here she is:

I didn’t originally have plans to paint this one as a drow. But, I wanted a chance to try out the dark elf skin triad and didn’t have any other available elf minis to mess around with. The paints are fantastic though, and will likely see use outside of skin in the future.
      This is the second mini I’ve done with a purple cloak. I think the shadows and highlights turned out better (and more varied) than the previous attempt. And working upon previous advice, used no less than seven shades of brown overall (not that you can tell).
      Please feel free to comment and critique! I need to improve on things next time.
    • By Chaoswolf
      This is an old Grenadier Balrog that i recently rediscovered owning. I decided to go ahead and paint him up; he's only been waiting for....a while. Yeah, let's just leave it at that. No numbers...
      Anyway, I did my usual, hopefully decent tabletop paint job on him. I was stuck on his sword for a while; I really didn't know where to go with it. I finally decided to try to paint it up sorta resembling fire. If I'd been thinking before I started painting him, I would've tried sculpting some flames on the flat parts of the sword blade. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20, right?
      I was also considering doing some OSL on him, but chickened out on that. Maybe next time...
      Please let me know what you think.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)