Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Bones 3 Beauty Pageant --Entry Thread

Reaper Bones Beauty Pageant
Sept-Oct 2017

The challenge:

1. paint 77413 Margara She was included in the Bones3 Kickstarter Core Set and should also be available wherever Reaper products are sold. Remember that the base is part of the figure and should be painted as well.

2. (optional) Include a short paragraph of fictional backstory for your entrant, beauty pageant style. Be creative and have fun with this.

3. Post your entry (up to two photos) to this thread by midnight CST on October 8, 2017. Anyone can enter at any time before this deadline.

The week of Oct 9 I will set up a poll and entrants will be able to vote on which Margara they find Most Beautiful.

Please, no chatter on this thread, entries only!

If you have questions or need help, please post in the discussion thread.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week, I painted Kassandra of the Blade from the Bones 3 Core Set.   A couple weeks ago, I found myself painting up a Disney Monopoly Snow White figure to command a unit of Dwarf Miners (Long story you can read about here: Princess Snow), and I was really struck by the simple but effective primary color scheme of Snow White's outfit.  I immediately decided I wanted to paint a Bones female fighter figure with the same palette.

So, I pawed through my boxes of unpainted Bones, and fell upon Kassandra of the Blade as the most suitable of what I had.    The one thing I didn't like about her was the dual-wielding of swords.  So I decided to chop off her left hand and replace it before I started painting her.
            Then came the decision of what to replace it with.  I considered a shield for a while, then in looking through my box of Bones transplant donors I came across Sarah the Seeress, whose staff had gone to make my Highland Heroine into a Frostgrave Appentice, leaving her with just her left hand holding an orb of some sort. At first I thought, no, why would Snow White be holding a crystal ball; but then it hit me: paint it like an apple.      So it was an easy matter to cut off Kssandra's left hand at the wrist and glue on Sarah's hand with the orb.

And here's the final result.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and probably it's one of the best faces I've done to date.

Fhttp://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/07/kassandra-of-blade-bones-3-figure.htmlull painting article on my blog:  
    • By Lidless Eye
      Here's a big batch of miniatures, no common theme, that I finished recently.

The "Eyedra" assembled as the more generic Hydra option, from "Dark Platypus Games".  Thanks to the Reaper Box of Goodwill for this one.

A Ral Partha "Dwarf Thief", more suited as a Gnome to modern scale, also acquired from the Box of Goodwill.

To celebrate their return to 5E in "Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes", a Giff, 3D printed from designs from the wonderful DM Workshop.

A Goblin Monk.  I believe he's originally an Orcling from Foundry/Warmonger.

Another Goblin, perhaps an Alchemist.  A Warhammer Snotling.

A Dire Pillbug, originally intended as a Myconid Mount, from "Ganesha Games", in their "Fightin' Fungi" range.

Also of note is the backdrop, which are my in progress 3D printed Caverns set from "Printable Scenery"
    • By giyomuSan
      Hi, continuing with the wizkids ( still 2 remaining to finish the batch I ordered ^^ ) but I just received some new Bones today , finally :D

Anyway , just finshed one of the 2 elfes female paladin.

• By Ratmaster2000
      So seeing pingo's old ral partha dwarf seer painted up, I decided to pull out my old one and post it. I think I did this mini over 20 years ago

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)