CrazyK

Green Stuff World Textures Rollers

Has anyone seen the textured rollers made by the company Green Stuff World?   Came across them when I was buying some items to make bases.   Bought a few of them, but now I have seen how simple and quick it is to make bases am thinking I will buy the others when I am a little more financial.   Tonight pumped out 16 bases using the planks for rebasing some of the Rum & Bones stuff I am about to paint.  

Anyhoo thought I'd share the before and after pics.   Did a quick paint up of them to see how they would turn out. Just bases coat, washes and bit of drybrushing.   First one is meant to be frozen, but I thought it would work really well as lava.

First Bases.jpg

• Like 12

I own a plain roller, An Aztec Motif Roller ( look at my Lost World / Tanith's Altar), An Egyptian one and an Greek one.

Marvelous stuff.

• Like 2

What size are the bases? I ask as the wood grain looks larger than I expected. I have been disappinted with the wood grain on my Happy Seppuku bases as well. 

Nice painting on the lava base. It works really well for that. 

• Like 1

The world of Green Stuff is a favorite among quite a few of us forumites.

They have way too much nice stuff... 

I also like that they've begun shipping the rolling pins in clear plastic tubes.

(They're also selling the tubes if anyone has old pins they want to protect.)

The only other product that is close to these in detail quality is the Basius Stamps, and most of those are limited to 50x50mm areas. These are rolls, so can make a long pattern.

Their Rolling Pins, the Roll Maker, and their 'Blue Stuff' reusable mould is my fave items from them.

• Like 4

I've looked at them and thought about buying, but right now my Happy Seppuku stamps are working fine for me.

If only I could remember which "safe place" I put the ones I didn't want to carry to paint days. <_<

• Like 5

Check James Wappel's blog. He swears by these, although I have yet to bite the bullet.

• Like 3

They base size above is 25mm.  Fits perfectly into the usual black slotted bases that come with most minis.   Best thing is the lid of the tube is basically a cookie cutter.   Makes just the right size circle.  Last night in prep for rebasing painted Rum & Bones Second Tide minis, made 16 plank bases.  Was a little bored.  So thought I'd see how quick I could make churn them out.  Took all of about 20 mins.  Rolled out the fimo, cut the bases using the lid cookie cutter idea, 5 (maybe 7) mins at 175 degrees Celsius.  Bases done.  One of my kitchen appliances has a cutter that would probably work for the bigger bases.  Otherwise already told my Mum who is a chef I am going to raid her cooking tools for cutters of the right size.  LOL as an aside she wanted to offload usual cookie cutters on me.  So bases in the shape of stars and hearts?  YAY!

The plank one above is going to be used for a mini I am painting now.  Well not now.  But atm.  So will post a pic to give an idea of scale I guess.  

Was going to buy Basius stuff eventually.  But I think if I can get these rollers I might stick with them for a while.

Edited by CrazyK
  • Like 3

I keep checking out their website and making plans. I haven't actually gotten anything, though (well, not yet, anyhow).

Nice work on the ice into lava base; it works very well for that!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Xumenicus
      Standby for massive dump in 3... 2... 1...

Chopping this up into a few pieces for easy posting/consumption.

Where I've been: Video games (Xumenicus#1118, if you're on Battle.net), bought a new house, running a fly fishing tournament for a treehugger non-profit, part-running my treehugger fly fishing non-profit local chapter, some other random stuff, and yeah -- here we are. I promise to paint more. Seriously. I just need to paint and sculpt more. I also need to fish more. And game more.

I guess this is a thing: Apparently, I need deadlines in order to get anything done. This time around, since I couldn't make it to RC2017 (travel budget blown on BlizzCon), I aimed for a couple different challenges over at Massive Voodoo: http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2017/07/mv-challenge-2017.html

Objective: Make a water-themed base. No central miniature, no real focus -- just a base. And it has to be mostly water.
      Disclaimer: I'm not at all confident, or consider myself proficient with clear resin. I wasn't sure how good/bad/terrible this piece would turn out, so I didn't spend days painting this. It's got a few rough layers of highlights, a few rough layers of shadows, and basically I just wanted to turn something in, have fun doing it, and not stress about being good enough to win. The MV crowd is amazing -- I was just trying to get closer to touching the sun. :)

Supply List: Wood, coping saw, cyano super glue, wire, green stuff, sculpting tools, paint, brushes, old brushes, Ease Release 200 Mold Release Agent, plastic Solo cups, nitrile gloves, popsicles sticks (fox mixing resin), Castin' Craft® Clear Polyester Casting Resin, small sheet of plasticard, duct tape, Tree House Studio Clear Acrylic High Gloss Coating spray, sandpaper (100, 200, 400, 600, 1000 grit), Woodland Scenics Lichen, Woodland Scenics Water Effects, fly tying thread, level for leveling the curing area

I did a few sketches one night so I could figure out what to do, and this is where I ended up. I thought about doing a waterfall, or something cooler, but I was kind of in a time crunch, and only had 3 weeks, especially since things are still calming down from moving.

[pic_00]

Picked out a piece of wood from my scrap pile...

[pic_01]

Went to work with a coping saw until I had a pleasing, interesting shape...

[pic_02]

Learning from past mistakes with trying to get green stuff to adhere to wood, I opted to seal the wood this time. I used cyano, and 2 old brushes. It actually works really well as a wood sealer ( http://www.woodworkersjournal.com/cyanoacrylate-everything-you-need-to-know/ ), but you need to be extra careful due to the amount being used -- more of a chance to glue yourself to something, glue to project to something, and the fumes will sneak up on you real quick, and burn your eyes or nose. Fair warning. Be careful.

[pic_03]

I opted to use green stuff for the project. That's where my comfort zone still is, even though I'm trying to work more with Beesputty and ZBrush. The bit of twisted copper wire there is to support an additional column. Do an image search for "limestone underwater caves", and you'll see where I'm going with this.

[pic_04]

More...

[pic_05]

A little more...

[pic_06]

Starting the tree. Do a search on "limestone cliffs trees roots", and you'll see where I'm headed even more.

[pic_07]

• By Shindoku
      I'm looking at basing some of my miniatures now that I have a few standard 25mm round bases but I seem to have run into a problem. In the Animal Companion pack, the wolf and the cat are too big for these bases as it seems they were made with cavalier bases in mind. Luckily, the bear is on two hind legs swiping so I should be able to base it with no problems, possibly having to glue a coin inside the base to give it weight to not fall over. I've seen the thread discussing the Owlbear and Iron Cobra with the same problem, but I'm not a fan of the solution of simply basing the figures with larger bases than what the size is in Pathfinder. I'm anal, and a bit stubborn. I figure the best way is to build up the platform with some slate on an angle and have the figure looking over Lion King-style or coming down like a prowling predator. Wondering if anyone has other suggestions I could try, even to mix it up a bit so not every over-sized miniature is based the same way. I'm attaching a picture to show just how much larger the figure is to the base, and where the feet are.

• By Chrom.xh
      Hello every body, this will be here not to show off anything amazing or impressive. Just something that took me five and a half hours to do. Nothing to impressive or anything like that. Its a fairly simple paint job for this old miniature. It has been sitting on my portable painting desk for many years now, and I felt like it was time to finally paint it. So I could use it in Dungeons and Dragons if I ever played a Dwarf again or just to use in anything with Dwarves in it really. With the new system of being able to upload photos straight to here from a device, it may be a little weird. I have never used the new Reaper system for photos so lets see how it works. I will still be explaining everything to the best of my ability. All of the paints i used besides one were all Reaper Paints. So, lets get started.

Okay, so these four photos are of the Dwarf miniature as a whole. I had to paint over the entire mini with black because it had taken some damage to the prime that covers it. After i had painted the entire thing I let it dry and took the pictures so I wouldn't forget to take them.

Next I painted on the metallic colors that i knew i was going to do and I could see. This included the small amount of Chain mail showing under his massive beard, the large Warhammer and his shiled. These were done first in Shadowed Steel. Then I did the few detail pieces that I wanted in Antique Gold. After I painted those few things I realized that I hadn't painted the Rune Stone he is standing on. So I quickly mixed up a wash of the color... well Stone. I forget who the Stone wash is made by but I added some water and I think Glaze Medium. Chaoshead will yell at me in the comments to tell me i'm wrong since i was using most of his paints. Anyways, I did a couple of coats of the Stone wash and moved on to let that dry for a while.

While I was letting the Stone wash dry I went on to other colors. I pulled the Rainy Grey out to do the fur that lines the inside of his cape, not realizing I had missed some it will show up later. This step was fairly easy when I was painting it on, but then again the entire thing to me seemed easy and I don't really know why.

After the inside of the cape i moved on wards and started to paint Leather. I used Ruddy Leather for anything leather on the Miniature. I started with the gloves then moved on afterwards.

Alright, in these few photos I painted more leather onto his sleeves, belt pouch, boots and the bottom of his Chain mail shirt. This step frustrated me because I accidentally painted over some of the metal, so I had to go back and paint the metallics again. I then moved on to some detail work that may have taken the most time to do... I think.

On the Rune Stone, I used Breonne Blue to add some color to the... Stone. XD I wanted to paint the runes from the beginning of this small project. I think the Breonne was a good choice for the runes in the first place.

Here I had finally painted his massive beard. I used Mahogany Brown for his beard since it was the only one within my small amount of paints that would work. I liked my choice of color for his beard though.

In these three i painted the trim of the cape with the Ruddy Leather. I painted it very carefully to make sure I didn't get any on anything else. I already had to repaint Metallic colors earlier and i didn't want to do it again.

Continuing with the cape i painted it Leaf Green and had to do it a couple of times to make sure it was one solid color.

Painted the face with Tanned Skin and then used Grass Green to paint his eyes. Again this is all just a super simple paint job for this mini and is just meant to be a good, fun, little thing I like to do.

As a final thing to finish this Miniature off was a nice little touch that I thought of last second. I painted the small heart on his cape with Blood Red. 

The Dwarf is done! He is done in all of the simplest ways to paint that I know how. XD If you all enjoyed and have some tips or anything to leave for myself. Please leave a comment and i guess stay tuned to here or another one I post in the future.
    • By OvantheWise
      Hay there haven't posted in a wile, my store is under renovation so I haven't been able to work on stuff lately. I was working on a half orc anti paladin but unfortunately I guess I didn't mix the epoxy correctly when I was gluing the figure together and half way threw painting her she fell apart. So instead I was able to finish this first and wanted to share it.

This is the 60059 Harrower, in my mind she is standing at the edge of a cliff channeling magic getting ready to attack what ever is below her. I wanted to try something different with the magic effect so I tried we blending colored washes into different metallic colors and I like the result I got, I then decided to go with a some what anime style theme to the rest of the figures paint scheme. I have included both 2 work in progress photos as well as 2 taken after final assembly. I have no idea why the two final assembly photos are so dark, but the color in the work in progress is much closer to what it actually looks like in person. As always feed back is welcome, please keep in mind I don't normally paint small detail like what I did on the cards and I am working to improve my line size and consistency.

As always I post stuff like this and more on my FB page if you would like to follow it I would greatly appreciate it. www.facebook.com/TabletopGlory

• By Crashguy2
      So, I have a Wyrmgear model and a 120 x 92 mm base to put him on. Problem is, I want to put a tile pattern (probably made from cardboard) on the base, and the Wyrmgear model has rocks as part of his feet. Him walking around on rocks probably wouldn't fit if I wanted to do something indoors, probably in a castle with interesting-looking undamaged tiles.

How might I safely remove the rocks on his feet?

Store link for reference:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/wyrmgear/sku-down/77177
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)