Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

ladystorm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/12/2018 at 4:59 PM, Arikiel said:

Now that there will be a set of three Stone Giants coming out in Bones 4 I'd really like to complete my giants collection. Which would mean...

- Three Storm Giants (including an up-sized version of 77163) and an animal companion (something aquatic?).

- Three Cloud Giants (including an up-sized version of 77162) and an animal companion (giant eagle?).

I would also love to see storm and cloud giant huges.

A gargantuan Phoenix would also be awesome. On fire and such.

A large sized couatl in bones would be nice. Most of the monster info lists them as a large. https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/couatl/sku-down/14459#detail/14459_p_1_nm

An assassin or murder vine in large.

Small vargouille would be useful.

A large “astradaemon” style outsider.

A gargantuan astral dreadnought. Bones is really the only way to make this affordable.

A gargantuan Neothelid. Ditto on bones and affordability. 

I updated this post rather than making a new one. There were some holes in my collection I’d love to fill with Bones! If I’m supposed to make a new post I can do that in the future.

Edited by undel
Had another 4 requests.
  • Like 7

Small crypts big enough for a mini to stand inside and maybe have room for an altar. Cheap enough that you can buy a few. Maybe with removable floor tile (leaving a hole, which works because many have been broken.)

Something like images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWYJhKwbP28K4BtNyEGM3

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 8

On 12/10/2018 at 6:29 AM, Glitterwolf said:

A giant wasp with kobold rider!

Or just a giant wasp.  But I'd buy it with the kobold rider if the rider were removable.  :)

What I'd love would be a bunch of insectoid monsters, preferably with clear plastic wings.  Big bugs are great for fantasy, or pulp sci-fi (radioactive mutants!).

Giant mosquito.

Giant beetle (flying or crawling).

Giant leech.

Giant termite.

Giant wasp.

(I've already got my giant centipedes, ticks, and spiders, so I'm covered there.)

Antman.

(I've been visiting sites mapping out the old "Temple of Apshai" game from Epyx / Automated Simulations, and pondering how I might transform it into a Pathfinder mini-campaign, but I'm going to need a LOT of bugs.)

Also ... skeletal bats.  Not bugs, but another Apshai feature, and I don't recall ever seeing minis of such a thing in any line.

• Like 8

Those giant wasps, giant mosquitoes, and giant leeches sound like great additions to a (hypothetical) Dreadmere II expansion.

You could add a were-leech and were-mosquito to the list of Dreadmere II monsters, too. 

Along with a passel of 'possum-people... and an undead dire racoon, maybe.  (What do they do?  Nobody really knows... they're secretive sorts... 'possum-folk just sort  of creep through the swamps by night, singing their weird 'possum folk-songs while strumming mysterious tunes on twangy stringed instruments, casting nameless spells for nameless 'possum-folk reasons, and gathering cults of their 'possum kin-folk to make sacrifice together to their strange old 'possum gods;  meanwhile the undead dire racoon stalks the deeper swamps, seeking adventurers to snack on; half-decayed, bloated, and ever-hungry, its huge dire-racoon eyes glowing balefully in the night, its body covered in moss and fungi and unwholesome squirming things, terribly ancient and growing a little bigger and wiser and cleverer each year....)

And more Dreadmere haflings... more halflings are always welcome, and barefoot, rough-and-tumble, rustic halflings seem to fit the Dreadmere setting so well!

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 8

23 hours ago, YronimosW said:

And more Dreadmere haflings... more halflings are always welcome, and barefoot, rough-and-tumble, rustic halflings seem to fit the Dreadmere setting so well!

You can never go wrong by adding more halflings!!!

• Like 3