ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

On 3/12/2018 at 7:00 PM, Cyradis said:

I'd really like some more terrain pieces, both in buildings and in nature. If this can extend to partial setting pieces, such as for a diorama, that would be great. Say.... a small piece of castle wall, with a window. Or... a cave that can fit a bear or two inside. Maybe a spiral staircase. 

I second this!

• Like 8

Would like to see:

**Halfling militia a mix of males and females with makeshift weapons but also proper weapons 

**Gyrocopter

**Half orc mercs or bandits Inc crossbow wielders. Not evil looking. 

**Drakes 

**Retired/older adventurers that have picked up their sword/ dagger/ bow one last time

**Well wrapped up soldiers including females, perhaps fearing a frosty grave

**Conquistadors Inc females and governors daughter types

**Kobold archers slingers and engineers/trappers

**Ghouls Inc a ghoul king 

**Skinny 'deep ones' or under dressed aquatic zombies that like drowning people

**Soldiers from various tribes that might be part of an undiscovered advanced sub Saharan nation Inc bald females and large men in fur and leather armour

**A colonel mustard type for Chronoscope, trying to make sure that equivalents of all the Cluedo characters are available 

**Cat burglars  

**More terrain and dressing so market stalls, forges, weapons stacks, target dummies, beds, monster bedding, notice boards etc 

Easy. Let me know how you get on. 

• Like 7

A huge Fire Elemental in translucent bones. 

The Bones large Fire elemental (77082) can work on the huge base, but it doesn't quite as impressive as I would like. Also, it doesn't quite fit on a large base. 

Below is an image of the Huge Fire Elemental I have from the D&D miniatures line, the Bones Large Fire elemental* (on a huge base), and the Large Fire Elemental also of the D&D miniatures line.

fullsizeoutput_2b06.thumb.jpeg.75d58af2d384689b5a21947c0659990d.jpeg

* Paint job in progress, please no judging, the paint job that is, the photo however was far more washed out than I had intended. So judge away on that.

I would love either a smaller large fire elemental, or a larger fire elemental that is actually huge. 

The prices commanded for the Huge Fire Elemental currently are between $17 - $26 on the secondary market. Suggesting that an adequate and competitive price point could be found for a Bones huge fire elemental in the current market. I am aware of no other huge fire elemental on the market that is made of translucent plastic. So I would love it if there was another option for a huge fire elemental. 

(And as an aside, I should have never listened to my husband when he asked "When would you ever need 3 huge fire elementals. :rolleyes:)

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

I'd like to see more modular minis: a sprue of various torsos, limbs, heads, and items.  Basically, something very similar to how warhammer minis are sold, except with the Reaper aesthetic.  It's strange that Warhammer, which is game about mass unit movement, has more customization than minis sold for rpgs, which are more about individuals.

I know HeroForge is a thing, but I really don't like the style - it looks too WoW to me, especially with the huge bulky weapons (same problem with newer Warhammer).

EDIT:
Also, where are the bullywugs?!  Squogs are close, but kinda pricey for a unit you need to buy a lot of.  Would be nice to get some bullywugs in the goblin (77024) price point.   

Edited by Goop
  • Like 7

On 3/28/2018 at 2:18 AM, Goop said:

EDIT:
Also, where are the bullywugs?!  Squogs are close, but kinda pricey for a unit you need to buy a lot of.  Would be nice to get some bullywugs in the goblin (77024) price point.   

Yes, I agree. I would definitely love to see some bullywogs as well. 

Sprues of ogre/troll/giant sized weapons. There are lots of normal human sized weapons to be used for conversions, now we need some bigger ones, please.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NecroMancer said:

I would like to see Bones take a try at creating some fantasy busts!

Agreed!  Orcs, gnolls, minotaurs, and of course an obligatory skeleton!  And a mix of male and female too! 

• Like 2

On 4/4/2018 at 11:53 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

Agreed!  Orcs, gnolls, minotaurs, and of course an obligatory skeleton!  And a mix of male and female too! 

Definitely,  I would throw in bugbears as well (love the bugbears). 

My concern is that the look remains consistent with prior versions.  I don't mean cloned replicas but variations of a standard.  Nothing turned me off faster to the older WotC minis was when there were 10 different goblins that had nothing in common other than "goblin" molded on the bottom.

• Like 6

I can't remember all of the monsters previously listed, so heres a few of mine.

Skull Lord - undead with 3 heads

Other undead lord/leader types

Giant Dragons (9+ inches tall NOT including the wings) like t'raukzul (also, any release time on him? I'm just getting into miniatures so I missed his kickstarter.)

Bahamut and the rest of the metal dragons (in bones)

Beholder

Death Knight

Cavefisher

More Underdark monsters

Linnorms! Tarn, Ice, Crag, ect...

More were creatures

Phoenix

Worms (varying sizes)

Sea creatures - varying sizes and types (Leviathans and serpents to Grindylows)

You guys are doing amazing work! Love the plastic miniatures!!!!

Edited by Btass
  • Like 7

Rainbows. 

You heard me - rainbows. Perhaps with gold at the end. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Wolves in Bones format would be awesome! Single prepainted wolves command a pretty high value for what they are (5 to 8 dollars at least). Taking the ones from 2830: Wolf Pack would be perfect!

02830_G.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1