ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

I would be interested to see what Reaper would come up with if they did some "bones bases" I don't like broccoli bases and tend to cut them off, so it would be cool to have some thin bonesium (or bones black for clearer detail) disks in 25mm, 50mm and 75mm rounds that could be glued to bases (or act as bases on their own) and featured things like skeletons on the ground, tree stumps, small chests or bags, runic patterns, stairs, crystals etc - as well as scenic bases or things like floor boards and brick patterns (though these are fairly easy to do through other methods so the first few are my preference)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

How about dinosaurs that have accompanying saddles ?

I would love this!

Also: riding beasts without riders, riders without beasts.

Let us mix up our own cavalry!

Separate saddles are a great idea anyway!

Maybe different sizes for horses/wolves/dinos/bears etc?

• Like 7

- an overweight dragon

- more Cloud and Storm giants

- more female giants (Hill, Fire), similar to the Frost Giant Raiders

• Like 7

Am liking the bloodstone gnomes in Bones 4. It would be good to see more of the Warlord metal gnomes released in Bones or Bones black. Also, the warlord lupins or werewolves look cool and would be brilliant in Bones black. 

Edited by Brianuk
  • Like 5

The Warlord Koborlas, especially 14239 Feral Hunter and 14516 Rageclaw Linebreaker. My plastic Wolfen need missile weapon support.

02935 Snakeman Champion because he's huge and expensive and I need several.

ALL the Ben Siens Lizardmen! There's currently only one spearman in Bones and I need all of them.

02315 Lizardman with spear.

02331 Lizard Hunting Pack (1 Lizardman & 2 Hunting Lizards).

02351 S' Athka Lizardman.

02392 Shaman.

02404 Tyrant with stone axe.

02408 Tyrant with sword.

03390 Lizardman Tyrant (from the price Ogre sized?).

06039 with Spears x2 poses, but one is already in Bones.

06046 Archers x2 poses.

06047 Command x3 poses.

06050 Warriors x2 poses.

06057 Warriors x2 poses.

• Like 4

More diverse Orcs

More diverse Hobgoblins

More diverse Lizardfolk

I'd love to see more females (not that you can tell with lizardfolk), some shamans, maybe some rogue types even!

Edited by Arikiel
Fixed typos.
  • Like 6

On 1/11/2019 at 6:12 PM, Jgfrederick said:

I’d love to see statues of various deities or heroes.  

I've found that many minis, with the right paint job, paint up quickly and nicely as statues, as I've done here.  The hard part is a nice base to sell the statue look.  So I'd love to just see an assortment of statue plinth bases on which to mount other minis. 

On 1/25/2019 at 1:18 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I would love this!

Also: riding beasts without riders, riders without beasts.

Let us mix up our own cavalry!

Separate saddles are a great idea anyway!

Maybe different sizes for horses/wolves/dinos/bears etc?

Thirded. 

I honestly think Reaper could do a whole KS around the concept of beasts and riders.  

Start off with 5 horses and 5 riders (separate).  That gives 25 different combinations right there.

Then each stretch goal could add more beasts or more riders.  Maybe the first couple stretch goals are just another round of horses, and riders.  As the stretch goals continue, start throwing in the less common beasts and riders like pegasus and griffons and finish off with the more fantastic ones like an entire set of dragons and dragon riders. 

Even if it was only successful enough to do a couple hundred thousand and unlock a half a dozen stretch goals, it would create the potential for 400-500 variants of beast and riders. More if some riders had separate saddles and/or split  torso/legs.  Make the first 10-20 riders be rider variants of their most popular adventuring figures, and it instantly adds appeal.  For retail, either sell beasts and riders separately, or prepackage them in combinations to keep the number of required SKU's down to a manageable level.  Throw an icon or two on the package to show they're part of the Reaper Beasts & Riders modular line to help people out. 

And then once the line's established, it wold be easy enough to add metal riders to the line whenever the fancy struck them. 

On 1/30/2019 at 12:33 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Krung Beast!

I'd love the Krung beast in Bones.  But even more than that, I'd love to see Reaper do a few more beasts of that size drawn from the imagination of their artists and sculptors. I'll bet someone like @TaleSpinner could draw and sculpt some really cool things we haven't seen before.   Beasts like the Krung beasts can be inspiring for GMs of many genres as fantasy beasts of burden or creatures of alien worlds.   That's why I bought one of the metal Krung beasts a long time ago, but I'd love to have a half dozen more to go along with him (just not at metal prices). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I honestly think Reaper could do a whole KS around the concept of beasts and riders.  

Start off with 5 horses and 5 riders (separate).  That gives 25 different combinations right there.

Then each stretch goal could add more beasts or more riders.  Maybe the first couple stretch goals are just another round of horses, and riders.  As the stretch goals continue, start throwing in the less common beasts and riders like pegasus and griffons and finish off with the more fantastic ones like an entire set of dragons and dragon riders. 

Ehhh I think that's pretty niche, I'd rather see that as an expansion than a whole Kickstarter based on that- I would probably go for a $50 expansion pack with a bunch of beasts and riders, but if that was the core set I'd be really disappointed. Maybe it's just that the campaigns I've run I haven't had a great need for people mounted on "weird" things, but perhaps that's because comparitively I've not been running for that long.

I also think it would be pretty hard to sculpt them so that riders were interchangeable, but I'm not a sculptor so maybe not?

What I actually think I'd be way more interested in is "riding conversion packs" so saddles of varying sizes, perhaps with the legs sculpted on already that can be put onto other creatures- perhaps they're a bit hollow underneath the saddles to make it easier to pop them on with some greenstuff underneath for a tighter fit? I don't know if this would work better in metal or bones actually in terms of being able to adjust how wide the saddle goes, OG bones could maybe be heat shocked into fitting the curvature needed but metal might be good for this also with a bit of brute bending? idk.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MiniDungeonMaster said:

Ehhh I think that's pretty niche, I'd rather see that as an expansion than a whole Kickstarter based on that- I would probably go for a $50 expansion pack with a bunch of beasts and riders, but if that was the core set I'd be really disappointed. Maybe it's just that the campaigns I've run I haven't had a great need for people mounted on "weird" things, but perhaps that's because comparitively I've not been running for that long.

Niche yes, but not as small as you would think - it would appeal to the mass army builder as much, if not far more than the RPGers.  And I wouldn't suggest aiming this sort of KS as a replacement for the next Bones KS, but as a smaller project like their Base Boss or the first CAV KS (which they did for Talon) were, because the point of doing it as a KS would be to see how big and popular the niche was. I think it would be far less risky to do as a separate KS than as an expansion set in a general appeal KS. 

As far as engineering, humanoid legs can only sit on a beast in so many ways, so it can be a lot more standardized than you would think - GW has been doing it for decades. 

• Like 4

Stirge / Multipack of Stirges! Or, if that is IP, then might I suggest: Blood Bats!

Size category: Tiny

Having real trouble finding some of these, and they're a pretty common low level d&d enemy. If these came in packs of 4-6 in sculpts that are easy to mount on a flight stand on were integrated into a stalactite that'd be pretty cool

• Like 5