ladystorm

Bones You'd Like to See, thread #4

I would like to second santa and his sleigh and the swan boat. Also a fantasy dragon boat. Like a Viking ship, but extra dragony. 

• Like 8

Said it as a joke at the game, but the response makes me put this up as a serious suggestion...

The old Reaper Life Counters for Magic the Gathering and other games.

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

We need old female adventurers.
We do have a lot of old male mages and occasional old male knight and such. But where are old women?
Old witches and sages, not hags, are needed. Minerva McGonagall from Harry Potter can be a good example.
Also, some more "action" type old female adventures are welcomed. Say, Captain Dola from Castle in the Sky, The Vuvalini from Mad Max: Fury Road, and such.
Old female Fencer, barbarian grandma, old female Kung-Fu masters and such are good, too.

And old female villain like Rita Repulsa from Power Rangers (TV version).

Edited by Shin Okada
  • Like 11

Please give us a Bones version of Jolistina Susperio (60159). Everything about her is awesome, but for a medium humanoid she's even expensive by metal standards.

• Like 3

A spectral (not undead or skeletal but ghostly) dragon. Preferably at least partially transparent.
More terrain. Especially set piece stuff.
A huge cyclops skull with a giant tentacled eyeball monster.
Mean looking gnomes in conical hats.
Translucent spell effects. (wall of fire, ice zones, zombie hands from below, a giant meteor or falling star, Etc.)
A bunch of constructs/metal golems for fodder like the lizard folk were this year,
an obese mean looking priest (like in every fantasy anime)
Gnomes/fairy/goblins/brownies/gremlins or other small folk riding mundane animals into battle.
More fairy tale looking stuff in general
Any kind of extra large forest animal with battle damage like sword hilts and arrows sticking out of it.
Bird-Men

What I don't need any more is semi-generic human sized guys with swords. Well I guess a few more couldn't hurt...

• Like 8

Gem dragons

Constructs!

Not-Firbolg (Tree men with big noses)

Not-Genasi (Elemental humanoids)

Not-Tritons (Water based humanoids)

More gnomes and halflings

More YOUNG spell casters

...more ghosts.

• Like 5

With a mini game based on a popular video game franchise on the horizon, I could definitely use some post apocalyptic groups of miniatures in Bonesium: Bunker Inhabitants in matching jumpsuits, maybe with compu-braclets on one arm. Giant ants and weird critters. Futuristic ogres. Retro-futuristic robots. More power armor designs.

• Like 5

Oh, I like the sound of futuristic/modern ogres...

Give me some ambiguously "futuristic"/modern hillbilly horror ogres with creepy flesh or burlap masks, and chainsaws, machetes, and hooked-hands, etc., and I can think of a few cool ways to put them to use (coughNOT-Quake/Doom-or-NOT-Mad-Maxcough, or in Chronoscope, or in Call of Cthulhu or other horror games, or in generic fantasy after a simple weapon-swap, or some sort of mutant or chaotic faction for a gothic-sci-fi miniatures game, or....)

Edited by YronimosW
typo
  • Like 3

@Shin Okada I agree. 

Older women adventurers who aren't hags. 

McGonagall (Maggie Smith), Helan Mirran, Glenn Close, Michelle Pfeiffer, could be good examples. 

I would also like to see non-venomous snakes. Constrictors have a different head shape than venomous snakes, typically. 

• Like 12

Hill-Giantess
... I found I need them for running G1 module of D&D in 5e rule.

More Monsters from cheap sci-fi movies

Zombeavers & other animal zombies
2-Headed Shark
3-Headed Shark
Sharktpus
Jason
Freddy
Sadako (Samara) & Kayoko (the Grudge)
Killer Tomatoes

• Like 6

Add my +1 to the "not Jason" and "not Freddy".

Even the stock parody hockey-mask killer with a saw is cool with me, and I've suggested a small collection of "Steampunk" pastiches of slasher-movie maniac bogeymen before, I think the Steampunk Slashers (or some sort of "Dungeon Punk" versions perhaps, with more 'medieval' style outfits and armor) would be exactly like I've always pictured for Bugbears or even Ogres.  In fact, I'm sure I could make all kinds of use for such generic bogeymen in horror, fantasy, and even Cthulhu games, while I could imagine uses for them even in sci-fi and superheroes, and they seem like Chronoscope naturals!

Edited by YronimosW
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, YronimosW said:

Add my +1 to the "not Jason" and "not Freddy".

Even the stock parody hockey-mask killer with a saw is cool with me, and I've suggested a small collection of "Steampunk" pastiches of slasher-movie maniac bogeymen before, I think the Steampunk Slashers (or some sort of "Dungeon Punk" versions perhaps, with more 'medieval' style outfits and armor) would be exactly like I've always pictured for Bugbears or even Ogres.  In fact, I'm sure I could make all kinds of use for such generic bogeymen in horror, fantasy, and even Cthulhu games, while I could imagine uses for them even in sci-fi and superheroes, and they seem like Chronoscope naturals!

There is Harvey, Psycho-Killer, in metal:

harvey.jpg.bc4cb3731e733ee8a1753f35d4dbc282.jpg

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/harv/sku-down/50037

I'd imagine he'd lose his awesome options when converted to Bones, though, as most others with multi-build options have.

• Like 5

Harvey is exactly what I had in mind, too - I forgot Reaper had a metal version of this sort of character already :D  Even if he lost some of the multi-build options in the transition to Bones, a goon-squad of three or four such characters with the other options would, along with how easy it is to customize Bones, make mixing-and-matching parts between them a breeze.  (The ease of weapon and other part swaps is part of why I prefer Bones to metal these days!)

Edit to add:

For that matter, the following existing metal sculpts would, I think, fit in just fine alongside two or three variations on ol' Harvey's great collection of bits and pieces:

*  I'd definitely love to see a bunch of creepy characters like those "zombie miners" - creepy-looking backwoods townfolk types that would look just fine wandering around through the swamps and hills of Dread Mere, not to mention in any fantasy or horror themed game, and I just really love the style and mood for these "zombie" models.  (I'm a creepy hillbilly myself, and I, for one, would love to see more creepy hillbilly minis!)

Edited by YronimosW
Additional creepy cannibal hillbilly thoughts....
  • Like 6