Citrine

Tim the Druid (Reaper 77174 Leisynn, Mercenary Mage)

11 posts in this topic

Holy smokes, that looks awesome! What kind of brush did you use for the writing in the book? Every time I paint something like that it runs together and looks all mishmashed.  But that turned out amazing!

Edited by jonaas33
1 person likes this

Jonaas33, Thank you!  

I used an 3/0 AIT Art Russion Sable Round from a brush set my husband bought me from Amazon.

Hey @ShadowRaven!!!

Great job!

3 people like this

I really like what you've done with the tome. I'm surprised you didn't use a dark wash on the robes - but it looks great. 

2 people like this

Dang!  I love the green and I LOVE the work you did on the book!

1 person likes this

There are some who call me.....Tim

3 people like this

I love it! Tim is BEAUTIFULLY painted in a FINE array of colors, but the name made the mini even better for me. VERY WELL DONE!

Tim brought to mind one of the player characters from my erstwhile AD&D Group; Rick The Ranger: fleet of foot, faint of heart, & feeble of mind...I love these trips down Memory Lane.

3 people like this

Very cool, that book cover looks like a kid's school book cover!

1 person likes this

Awesome as always. The spell book is especially stunning!  

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tricksay
      Been away from it all, for a bit. Finished this one up, a little too fast -to enter it in a competition (Attack-x).
      Got a bronze, and a ton of advice on where I could have improved and upped it to silver......very exciting for my first in person competition. 
      Thanks for looking, c&c is much appreciated. And I'm guessing on the catalogue number, hasn't been released yet from Bones 3.

• By MonsterSlayer
      I have been away from painting and these boards for a while.

I recently got back into painting and started with some of the bones 3 ogres. I made a rookie mistake with bad lighting and decided they had to go in the Simple Green bath.

The ones that I based coated with brown cleaned fairly well.The armored ogres had Vallejo Coal Black and the stuff will not come off after 36 hours.That is not even a primer, just black model paint.

So has anyone had this problem? Do I need to step up the cleaning solution to acetone free nail polish remover? Brake fluid? Has anyone tried nail polish remover or brake fluid on the Bones? how does the plastic react?
    • By Jessie
      One of the other players in my group had me paint these guys up, Woody Stumpwimple and Balto Burrowell. The other players always wanted really muted (y'know, edgelord/masculine) colors so kept them pretty simple. Have already painted up Balto twice now (once for myself, 2nd time for a different player) so might say no more commissions for Balto although he's fairly easy to paint at least.

• By Jessie
      Rounding out my egyptian themed minis I painted up these two avatars of sokar that I have. They were fun but challenging with all the detail. The bases were really fun to do. I made little pieces of temple floor with cork board then put a thin layer of milliput over them and used these textured rollers from Green Stuff World that was an egyptian themed roller. I've used Basius prior for stamping stuff and was surprised how well the rollers turned out and will be getting more of them in different themes eventually for sure. Anyways, thanks for reading!

• By Jessie
      Been painting up my egyptian themed minis. Rebased these guys on some temple looking bases from Dragon Forge that I painted to look more like sandstone. They were fun although the detail on their gold was challenging. Thanks for reading!

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)