Citrine

Tropical Sea Dragon (Iron Wind/Ral Partha)

It looks great!  The colors are fabulous and vivid and his eyes and teeth looks sharp. 

Even better is that I think this is the same model that a friend left at our house with a broken wing.  I'd pondered repairing it but I'm pretty sure it's lead and not sure I want to do surgery on it.  Now that I know what it is I could just buy a pewter one and paint it.  ^_^   Thank you so much for sharing!  

• Like 3

Oooh, I love how beautifully bright this turned out! :wub: Do you remember what colors you used on it? 

Fabulous work, and a very clean paint job! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Thanks all!

Pingo, the colors are all Reaper:

Body and wings:

09419 Tropical Blue

09304 Copper Verdigris

09280 Nightmare Black

29920 Gem Purple

09024 Amethyst Purple

09264 Light Blue

Plus white

Belly

09303 NMM Gold Highlights

29826 Desert Tan

There might have been some others, but these where the primary ones, if I remember right.

• Like 3

That is a GORGEOUS creation. The colors are WONDERFULLY stunning, vibrant & alive. Your brushwork is OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nightwing
      My thinking when painting this guy was that his scales would all be gemstones. When D&D dragons were conceived, I think it was a big mistake to have the good dragon be metals and the evil ones colors. The evil ones should have been named after gemstones: ruby, sapphire, emerald, onyx, and opal. So here is the ruby dragon, in his volcanic home. I hope you like it. 

Thanks a ton to everyone in the WIP forum for advice and encouragement!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all,
      here are some more Shadowrun figures that I've been working on.  Two excellent figures, probably sculpted back in the nineties by Dave Summers, two Shadowrun Dwarven Mercenaries.  As usual, so hard to decide upon colors, but I think they worked out reasonably well.

The first one is a delicate dwarven lady:

and her stalwart male companion:

First time I've ever painted modern weaponry, so hoping they turned out okay.  With choosing colors, in an effort to make my life a little bit easier, I gave them the same color overcoat, just painted different color detailing on them. 

I find that a nice change of genre is pretty fun, I'm enjoying painting something a little less fantasy and more sci-fi for a while. I'll hope to have more of these coming soon!

Enjoy!

• By Nightwing
      This was another ina large collection of oldies that my high school friends gave me. Trying to make the scales look like garnets or rubies. Please critique!

• By ttuckerman
      Felicitations on your personal solstice!
    • By Ducknuck84
      EDIT: Added photo with a finished base
      Pretty much done, in actual sun light you can see some of the highlights on the skin, so I'm happy with that being it was my first time trying that, just going to have to practice some more, still considering she's missing half her face to the cast error she came out looking a lot better once paint was added. Also really like how the red hair triad worked out.
      What I learned
      1. Skin is tricky but not as intimidating as I thought it was.
      2. With work miscasts can end up looking good.
      3. Always outline the eyes, though I think I'm going to try a walnut brown next time for fair skin.
      4. Practice practice practice

C&C always welcome.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)