Citrine

Tropical Sea Dragon (Iron Wind/Ral Partha)

It looks great!  The colors are fabulous and vivid and his eyes and teeth looks sharp. 

Even better is that I think this is the same model that a friend left at our house with a broken wing.  I'd pondered repairing it but I'm pretty sure it's lead and not sure I want to do surgery on it.  Now that I know what it is I could just buy a pewter one and paint it.  ^_^   Thank you so much for sharing!  

• Like 3

Oooh, I love how beautifully bright this turned out! :wub: Do you remember what colors you used on it? 

Fabulous work, and a very clean paint job! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

Thanks all!

Pingo, the colors are all Reaper:

Body and wings:

09419 Tropical Blue

09304 Copper Verdigris

09280 Nightmare Black

29920 Gem Purple

09024 Amethyst Purple

09264 Light Blue

Plus white

Belly

09303 NMM Gold Highlights

29826 Desert Tan

There might have been some others, but these where the primary ones, if I remember right.

• Like 3

That is a GORGEOUS creation. The colors are WONDERFULLY stunning, vibrant & alive. Your brushwork is OUTSTANDINGVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darsc Zacal
      Andy over at Heresy Miniatures is about to do something I thought he’d never do. Launch a second production run of his infamous dragon. 
      Link to pre-launch site:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heresyminiatures/559255341?ref=595197&token=f38bcdd4

The kickstarter goes Live tomorrow. I will update with a live link when it does.
      -

I know there’s at least a couple of us here who have this dragon from it’s original production run. Haven’t attempted to assemble mine yet. It’s a huge beast of a model and is definitely for experienced hobbyists.

I wish Andy all the best for his kickstarter but I am very concerned he’s going back into production on this. The original run nearly ruined him and his company, it’s a long story, and it took years for him to get everyone their dragons.
      The price for the dragon has gone up since then, substantially so. I really hope he has the financial end of this worked out.

Its a great dragon though.

• By Arkadiusz.M
      Thank you everyone! :-) 

Some new colors!! I'm trying different things :D 
      What do you guys think ?

• By AutumnHare
      Been a productive month for me. Animals are springing to life everywhere. 

Out the “white minis” pile I pulled the  Bones Chimera.  It’s a quick tabletop level effort, but after staring at it for two years, I just wanted it painted.  Since I wasn’t really invested in the outcome, I thought I’d do something a little different, so I went with a purple dragon.

• By Arkadiusz.M
      Hello everyone i wanted to share custom made statue for painters that i sculpted, Dragon Queen.
      Hope you enjoy it!

UPDATE!!
      Video :-)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTWRfZUP3I

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody,

so my Shadowrun quest goes on, and I just finished the last of a quartet of street mages.  I think I'm enjoying these because the color schemes are different than I usually use, and I don't feel at all odd about painting different and punky hair colors with the game and the figures conceptualized by in the eighties and nineties.

Anyways, here's another street mage, and Elven Combat Mage, hope you enjoy!
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)