SGHawkins09

"The 'Bot Shop" Bombshell Miniatures Diorama

Cool idea, and I like how it's coming along, including the two toned bot.

For the bricks maybe a faded whitewash, you know standard red bricks showing through mostly worn off white paint. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Wyvernfire said:

Cool idea, and I like how it's coming along, including the two toned bot.

For the bricks maybe a faded whitewash, you know standard red bricks showing through mostly worn off white paint. 

9 hours ago, Pochi said:

Awesome! I think red brick or like what Wyvernfire said with mostly red showing through.

Thanks! I was thinking red bricks as well but I do like the faded whitewash idea. They originally supposed to be cinder blocks but they came out of the mold a little too irregular for that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Shop sign, yay or nay? Suggestions are welcome, only thing that I am attached to is the letters with rods.

IMG_3444.thumb.JPG.ead0425c39c08b34169dde0bf94ca329.JPG

I'd need to see the scale compared to the building and bots themselves. 

• Like 3

I actually like it    

You might want to make the words on the right a fraction larger though

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I'd need to see the scale compared to the building and bots themselves. 

Alright just for you, here is the mock up. The summons thing is a stand in for Maelee, it is about her height and is placed where she will be. All the bots are smaller than it and I can't really place them as they are pinned right now. Also while I will paint them all, not all may make it into the scene.

IMG_3445.thumb.JPG.91f9e56c66dbd6d46014c4acfd1aeb9f.JPG

21 minutes ago, robinh said:

I actually like it    

You might want to make the words on the right a fraction larger though

Sadly, they are brass etch letters and I don't have anything bigger that would still fit in the space. I am not 100% sold on them yet, so removing them would be an option. I am considering hand righting them instead, almost like she salvaged the bigger, fancier part and made her own sign.

• Like 14

Maybe have the sign look more beat up? Like one of the letters missing or a couple askew or hanging off.

Edit: or have a missing letter painted  in like she couldn't find a letter and hasn't had time to make one.

Edited by Wyvernfire
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, SGHawkins09 said:

Alright just for you, here is the mock up. The summons thing is a stand in for Maelee, it is about her height and is placed where she will be. All the bots are smaller than it and I can't really place them as they are pinned right now. Also while I will paint them all, not all may make it into the scene.

IMG_3445.thumb.JPG.91f9e56c66dbd6d46014c4acfd1aeb9f.JPG

Sadly, they are brass etch letters and I don't have anything bigger that would still fit in the space. I am not 100% sold on them yet, so removing them would be an option. I am considering hand righting them instead, almost like she salvaged the bigger, fancier part and made her own sign.

I like it!!

5 minutes ago, Wyvernfire said:

Maybe have the sign look more beat up? Like one of the letters missing or a couple askew or hanging off.

Edit: or have a missing letter painted  in like she couldn't find a letter and hasn't had time to make one.

The sign (or letters) looking beat up, rusted up, and hanging askew would look great IMO as well. 

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now